Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Oh dear. Poor Happy needs to get his act together. Then again, nobody told him that the sidekick characters were going to train as well.

Oh hi, Blue Note! Him vs. Natsu is going to be interesting, because that's a dude that held his own against Gildartz. I wonder if Blue Note also got stronger during the timeskip.

I just love seeing Ooba use her spin powers in an actual fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Lucy can now wear celestial clothing based on her summons that gives her similar powers to that summon. I wonder if she has outfits for pretty much all of them.
    I wonder if she needs to summon a spirit in order to access the dresses or if she can just use the dresses on her own. Since she can summon at least two or three spirits at once she might be able to put on combo dresses as well. Either way this is a very fun addition to Lucy's skill set.

...I kinda really want to know what the Virgo dress will be like.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Nice Always did like the sound of violins.

Chapter 422: Lucy's Leo dress looks nice. Will her Sagittarius outfit have a horse mask? Meanwhile, Natsu goes monster bowling. Hope Bluenote doesn't job too badly. (His presence also explains how Orochi was tangling with Lamia Scale while Jura was still around.)

Fairy Girls 3: Really enjoying this spinoff. I especially liked the panel of Capricorn going all Matrix on some goons. Dark Soul's comment comparing the villains to anime filler made me think about why I'm enjoying this more than usual. It might be a combination of being unconfusable with main canon, having different-but-nice art, Erza not being a dingbat, and other things.

Episode 47: Speaking of Erza being a dingbat... But this is based on an omake chapter, so, welp. The art seemed more on-model than usual in this episode, at least for the Mirajane transformation lesson segments. (Also, a very nice Mirajane ED.) Apparently they're adapting one of the light novels next.

Edit: Also, I loved how Natsu's transformation made his new zipped shirt change back to the open vest just to embarrass Lucy
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 03-05-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Exclamation Zeref: Power Pins

In my opinion, storytelling such as this is timelessly appealing since it draws at the heartstrings about 'harmony accomplishment.'

It's called Fairy Tale after all, since stories about powers/charms invoke our folk appreciation of themes presented in the timeless classic "The Little Mermaid" (Hans Christian Andersen) which presents the shocking story of an optimistic mermaid who makes a hopeful deadly deal with a cruel sea witch to obtain a human body that will help her win the affections of a human prince only to be devastatingly rejected and driven to suicide.

Why are the Fairy Tale mages so apprehensive and cautious about the dark Zeref?

I think it's because power comes at the cost of basic optimism...

Zeref

zeref.jpg

Default S2 episode 48

Wow, this episode was really low-budget after last week's.

Kagura cuteness overload

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Hope Bluenote doesn't job too badly.
    Welp.

With each week, I increasingly wonder how Mashima plans to top all this for Erza's re-debut, assuming Natsu hasn't left everyone in the dust without realizing it. (Good thing he completely forgot who Bluenote was.)

Extraordinary Member

Bye Blue Note, you got stomped harder than I thought you would be!

What the hell is going to challenge Natsu if a dude that could duke it out with Gildartz couldn't do it?

The sky sisters got a cute farewell scene.

Sad Juvia makes me sad.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Bye Blue Note, you got stomped harder than I thought you would be!
    And by one hell of a fire beam. That was like the Kamehameha of Fire Dragon attacks; and I'm not even sure if that was a roar attack at all, seemed like a casual blast from his hand or something. Even burned Chelia's shirt off just by her being near.

Wait...maybe going forward Natsu will be like Negi from Negima and always accidentally strip the females around him when using his powers!

What the hell is going to challenge Natsu if a dude that could duke it out with Gildartz couldn't do it?
    Well, Blue Note could only duke it out with Gildartz while Asuma's tree stuff was in effect. Once that was over, and Gildartz was able to move in and scatter Note's gravity well, he also ended the fight with one blow. Perhaps some, or all, of the remaining 3 kings of Ishgal will be antagonists.

Extraordinary Member

And by one hell of a fire beam. That was like the Kamehameha of Fire Dragon attacks; and I'm not even sure if that was a roar attack at all, seemed like a casual blast from his hand or something. Even burned Chelia's shirt off just by her being near.

Wait...maybe going forward Natsu will be like Negi from Negima and always accidentally strip the females around him when using his powers!
    It's going to happen to Lucy at least five times.

And I get the feeling that Erza is going to top Natsu by cutting down a mountain or something like that.
    Well, Blue Note could only duke it out with Gildartz while Asuma's tree stuff was in effect. Once that was over, and Gildartz was able to move in and scatter Note's gravity well, he also ended the fight with one blow. Perhaps some, or all, of the remaining 3 kings of Ishgal will be antagonists.
    Actually the fight was more that they duked it out with magic fists at first with Gildartz having an edge, then Azuma messed with the tree and Gildartz became incapable of moving like the rest of the guild and Blue Note started beating him up. When the magic came back to the fairies Gildartz finished it in one hit. So Blue Note was probably around Laxus level or something at that point.

Let's see now. Zeref and Acnologia can probably still kick his ass and Zeref might have some new elite demons ready. The Ishgal dudes will be interesting to see.

If Gray just snuck off, Juvia would still be hunting him down, so I wonder if he really broke up with her? Or faked his own death?

Perhaps some, or all, of the remaining 3 kings of Ishgal will be antagonists.
    Yeah, I've been wondering about that since Warrod. They can't all be dicks, right?

Default S2 episode 49

Very nice Millianna ED!

Question: Where is Kagura's guild stamp? I just realized I don't know. Mashima's drawn her in bikinis from the back(1)(2) and the front(3), which narrows things down considerably.

If Mashima simply forgot, somebody needs to slip that question into one of his volume Q&A's
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 03-14-2015 at 04:04 AM.

I guess it could still be on her right shoulder front behind Erza's head in that pic. Was definitely the least of Mashima's concerns when he drew those though.

The Milliana ED was super nice. Now we need a Yukino one, a Cheria/Wendy together one, and a Meredy one. And then all is right with the world...

...For Tartarus to come messing it up come April!!!

I guess it could still be on her right shoulder front behind Erza's head in that pic. Was definitely the least of Mashima's concerns when he drew those though.
    Her ball gown bares the shoulders, so that's out too. And I'd be surprised if her forehead wasn't revealed at some point...

Fairy Tail Zero 09:

Guess now its the founding members vs. Possessed Yuri Bone Dragon.

Apparent spoilers for next main series chapter:
    spoilers:

Grey and Juvia were actually living together for most of the timeskip. The one day he up and disappeared without a word, leaving Juvia depressed.

Natsu decides to go find Gray and beat some sense into him or something. He decides to start looking in the nearby city where SaberTooth is based.

Elsewhere, Gray is joining a Zeref Cult. If spoilers are accurate his Devil Slayer mark might be growing or something.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oh Mavis, that speech was really corny and heartwarming. You're wonderful.

I was wondering if Preacht would touch the jade and that might've been part of what made him go evil. Hopefully that won't be tha case.