Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Astonishing Member

by the talented rirrisooo

this time with more characters, Mirajane as Storm, Gajeel as Wolverine, Lucy as Dazzler, Natsu as Longshot, yeah I chose them based on shipping.

tumblr_nls5o0Qrze1trfsd4o1_500.jpgtumblr_nls5o0Qrze1trfsd4o2_500.jpg

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Cute stuff Mirajane looks particularly good as Storm.

FT of the Dead (Meeeeeeeeen) is every bit as terrifying as the adverts suggested. It was nice seeing Erza again though Looking forward to the animated version this week
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 03-25-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Nice. April 4th here we come.
    Sun Village next week!

Interestingly, the colors look really muted in the previews. The show usually turns them up pretty bright (and then the wikia cranks 'em up to 11).

Default Chapter 426

The last page made the chapter. Now the question is whether both rivals kept up with Natsu's crazy growth rate.

Somebody caught that Mary seems to be the younger-sister Mary who recently parted ways with Gray in Ice Trail. I had been assuming all the Ice Trail girls were one-offs, so I totally missed that

Edit: Also, Kain and Abel? Really, Mashima?

Edit2: Wait a minute, I just remembered Mary should be older than Gray, since he was stuck in Fairy Sphere for 7 years. Mashima!!!
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 03-30-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Interesting. Guess I'll have to check out Ice Trail.

Sounds like next chapter we'll get to see some proper fighting.

I like these Avatar guys. Hope they don't all get thrown in prison.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Hmm.

Arguments for: Same name and the hair colour is the same. Age seems a bit off but Mashima has made that kind of mistake before, and she might just look young.

Arguments against: Her is in fact off. She isn't really acting like one would expect that Mary to act, not enough of a buddy with Gray and where's her sister Gray also doesn't seem to recognise her.

Still not sold on these guys. They've generally got pretty uninspiring names and designs. But we'll see.

Liking Gajeel's jacket, he looks pretty boss with it. I've always wanted to see a Gajeel vs. Gray fight.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ladyGT is working a fairy tail doujin and from the preview pages, it's gonna be a killer.

Default S2 ep52

I think the anime's new colors have gone too desaturated; Erza's hair and Igneel's scales don't even look red anymore. (Incidentally, there's a distinct Erza shortage in the new OP. Granted, she doesn't have much to do in the Sun Village arc.)

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's like there's this constant mist covering everything and messing up the colors. It's not bad but it's a bit odd after the vibrant colors of the entire rest of the anime.

Still love the reveal about Warrod at the end.

Extraordinary Member

...ok then. Three down, four to go. I wonder if the more human looking members will be stronger.

But now we've got our fire and ice grudge match. Bit surprised that it's taken this long for them to duke it out in canon.

Virgo appears to have gotten kinkier during the time skip.

Avatar's getting wrecked like Raven Tail so far. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    ...ok then. Three down, four to go. I wonder if the more human looking members will be stronger.
    Gotta leave some for Gazille and Lily to beat up!

And I guess Abel's gotta get back up and make use of that doll. (Or Happy could just loot it off his corpse. Cut out the middleman )

Gotta say, I was a little disappointed by all the one-shots. Really itching for a serious fight.

Probably won't happen for a while though, unless Gray does something next time.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

Evil team work for the win!

Ok, so in base form Gray and Natsu seem to be evenly matched in physical stats and their magics cancel out one another. Mary has some kind of pain inducing ability, wonder if Lucy will get a rematch.

I'm really liking the idea of Gajeel as a badass super cop with Levy and Panther Lilly as his assistants.

Curses, anti-magic cuffs again! Sucks that Natsu got careless there.

Now that Gray's confirmed to have kept up with Natsu, I'll be very surprised if Gazille, Erza, and Luxus didn't also hold their own. Previously it was still possible that Natsu had left everyone in the dust.

How is Teabag keeping ahold of him if he was physically strong enough to ignore Bluenote's gravity field? Or was the latter due to magic dragon constitution that's currently being disabled by the chains?

Lily seems capable of constant Hulk form now. Cool. Hope Gray doesn't kill him off.

In the official translation chapter margin notes and on Twitter, Mashima says he's releasing two chapters per week for the next four weeks, with color pages. The guy's a machine I love getting extra FT chapters, but this time has the added benefit of plowing through SasuGray faster without rushing/compressing chapter events. I still think Gray's faking it (the FT stamp could just be under the black patches), but neither option is much fun to slog through, so the sooner it's resolved, the better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Now that Gray's confirmed to have kept up with Natsu, I'll be very surprised if Gazille, Erza, and Luxus didn't also hold their own. Previously it was still possible that Natsu had left everyone in the dust.
    Gajeel will probably be evenly matched with Natsu and Gray. Laxus is probably going to be an utter beast and I fully expect Erza to do some serious damage to a mountain.
    How is Teabag keeping ahold of him if he was physically strong enough to ignore Bluenote's gravity field? Or was the latter due to magic dragon constitution that's currently being disabled by the chains?
    Probably. Natsu survived Wally shooting him in the mouth but was seriously afraid of dying when he was tied up with Milliana's anti-magic and threatened with the same. And he's been over-powered by regular mooks when unable to use magic before. So it does seem like dragon slayer magic gives a general passive boost to his stats.
    Lily seems capable of constant Hulk form now. Cool. Hope Gray doesn't kill him off.
    You mean instead of Frosch? I doubt it but it would put an interesting wrinkle in the story.
    In the official translation chapter margin notes and on Twitter, Mashima says he's releasing two chapters per week for the next four weeks, with color pages. The guy's a machine I love getting extra FT chapters, but this time has the added benefit of plowing through SasuGray faster without rushing/compressing chapter events. I still think Gray's faking it (the FT stamp could just be under the black patches), but neither option is much fun to slog through, so the sooner it's resolved, the better.
    I do wonder how long this arc will last. We've got enough antagonists and protagonists to go around, especially if Wendy can get Juvia's health up enough to join the struggle.

Fariy Tail Zero: Fairy Law is born!

Mavis won't die here, we know this so the drama is a bit lost. Still good scene.

Mavis could get awfully close to Zeref, considring his curse and all.