Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fariy Tail Zero: Fairy Law is born!
    "Law" by itself just doesn't sound right. Needs more syllables

Mavis won't die here, we know this so the drama is a bit lost. Still good scene.
    Maybe it's what led to her dying young.

Extraordinary Member

Random thought from reading Ice Trail.

I'm surprised that we've never seen Gray do the whole ice slide for long distance transport thing, like Iceman from the X-men.

Just seems like it would be a pretty good fit from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Maybe it's what led to her dying young.
    You know, we don't actually know if she's dead inside that crystal. She's probably not alive in the traditional sense, but I've started wondering how deceased she actually is.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Still waiting for the head honcho yo actually let Lissana di something. Poor girl comes back only yo be mostly ignored despite strong ties to the main character and guild.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Still waiting for the head honcho yo actually let Lissana di something. Poor girl comes back only yo be mostly ignored despite strong ties to the main character and guild.
    Lis...who?

...oh right, that girl that looks like Yukino but isn't Yukino.

What was her name again?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Cute.

Lissana looks different enough and she's the first girl and love for the main character. Think their last interaction was him staring at her naked in s cell until they broke out.

Extraordinary Member

Ehh... while I do prefer Natsu/Lisanna, and Lucy/Loke, I'd say that it's looking more and more like we're headed for a Natsu/Lucy thing.

Which I would be ok with but I'd prefer if they just stayed best friends. I really like their friendship.

BANNED

Well there's Elfman/Evergreen and I guess people like Mirana/Laxus, so that leaves either Freed or Bickslow for Lisanna. Kind of wondering where those two teams are right now, though. Depends on how many arcs we go through for bringing the gang back together, I guess, especially considering what might happen with Erza.

Extraordinary Member

So that first chapter was disturbing. Both in the intentional way and the creepy way that it was still fetishized, what with the fan servicy angles and Lucy still being in a maid outfit for no reason, shouldn't her regular clothes have appared once her magic was cancelled? It's a weird moment for all the wrong reasons.

I have mixed feelings about the big reveal. On the one hand I actually rather enjoyed the tension of Gray being the enemy and I was really hoping for a Gray/Gajeel fight. On the other hand it feels good to have the main cast all together again, though I was kinda hoping for this arc to finish and then move on to picking up Erza, but this is faster which has ups and downs.

Poor Avatar, thinking that Zeref appears wherever there's death and not the other way around.

So we already know that at least two of Avatar's main guys are useless against Natsu (and they probably wouldn't do much better against Erza and Gray), that leaves fouur heavy hitters with the possibility of being a challenge and Gajeel, Lily and Levy incoming. The bad guys have better pull off something big in order to make this a fair fight.

Also, there are magic cell phones now as well.

Astonishing Member

what this think of this other marvel x fairy tail crossover.

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

both spidey and jellal takes responsibility seriously and have pretty guilt complex even on things that are not their fault and erza and mj are badass redheads athough if erza was mj, I'm sure she would beat the crap out of 90 percent of spidey's rogues gallery

http://rirrisooo.tumblr.com/post/116...ustotemptation

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Manga:

While it would have been interesting to deal with a genuinely evil Gray, I have to admit I'm happy to get past this point quickly without it going too far into "Natsuto and Sasugray" territory. The next few chapters are probably just Gray, Erza, and Lucy showing off their timeskip skills. Masked leader dude might have something up his sleeve though I guess.
    There's still a chance that Gray's condition could be a future development: he's learned how to control it now, but it could get worse in the future. There's still the issue of why Gray would kill Frosch. I suppose it could have been an accident, like Gray tried to stay under cover when Rogue attacked Avatar and attacked them a little too well or something.

Anime:

Good start to the giant village fights. Flare's entrance was appropriately epic. ED card confirms that Wendy is adorable and fills out short shorts well. Well, those thing were both already confirmed, but more evidence is certainly welcome.

Ultimate Member

I've hated Jellal since day one, yeah it's not entirely his fault and all but he still made the deal with the devil...so to speak...never really pictured Erza as the fangirl, then again I've been more of a Natsu/Erza fan than Natsu/Lucy so that might be part of it and yeah I know not much chance of it happening but...

Interesting that Virgo wasn't dispelled when she herself got cuffed last week. Maybe that's why Lucy's maid outfit stayed on. Those magic-sealing chains work in mysterious ways. (They also aren't immune to being TK'ed around and destroyed by external magic.)

"Forget the licking, I'm going to cut you in half!" Goumon, you are the worst torturer ever.

SasuGray was resolved even quicker than I thought, and brought back Erza to boot. (Shocking news! Gray caught cheating with Erza! And talking to Lucy! ) On one hand I'm glad it's over (other than explaining how Gray would've killed Fro in the first place), but OTOH Juvia and Rogue didn't get to do anything, and neither will Gazille at this rate.

I'm glad Mashima didn't do anything crazy with Erza's hair. Her new default armor is pretty different though; I didn't expect it to have a boob window and a cape, or to change the skirt and boots. How will she clank people's heads on her chest now? Looking forward to more-complete shots of the design.

No chapters next week (or is it the week after?) due to Golden Week. Darn. It's a pretty good moment for a break though.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 04-21-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member

New chapters.

In which the good guys are badass and the bad guys in general get stomped.

Taurus star dress seem to be Lucy's strongest so far, at least the one with the most obvious boost.

Wendy can activate dragon force on command now, always appreciated.

Juvia has adapted Gray's stripping habit during battle. Also always appreciated.

I enjoyed Erza zinger to Jerome.

Now to see if whatever priest guy is planning will be enough to make this a challenge.

Default Chapter 431, 432

Well, it took 340 chapters, but Erza might finally be catching up to Ikaruga's skill level. Then again, it's too early to say that until she cuts into another dimension I think more sword-skill hax would actually be a worthwhile upgrade for her, though. The new armor sure didn't do anything noteworthy.

Lucy got a healthy strength and fanservice upgrade.

Wendy can now activate Dragon Force at will. Neat.

Juvia avoids being left out entirely. I hope we get that longer apology.

We went from 100,000 monsters under Orochi's Fin to "only" 2,000 Avatar grunts? Is there a translation flub somewhere, or is Mashima just pulling numbers out of a hat?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    We went from 100,000 monsters under Orochi's Fin to "only" 2,000 Avatar grunts? Is there a translation flub somewhere, or is Mashima just pulling numbers out of a hat?
    Mashima: Ok, in this next scene the gang are fighting golems that are pretty low level but their numbers are overwhelming them so I need a good big number. Don't let me down mr. Hat! *dramatically pulls out a little papper note* 10!? You're an ass some times mr. Hat.