Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That threeway fight was some awesome I was sad that it ended so quickly. But its brevity was probably one of the reason why they could do such an excellent job with it.

Hopefully they'll make Erza vs. Kagura awesome as well, maybe even improve it in general.
    If I have one wish for Erza vs Kagura, it's that they extend the last part into a proper fight.

Default Fairy Tail 387

Mushroom pimple Franmalth is kinda freaky. But he lives! Meanwhile, Ezel died for nothing. Ha-ha!

The group fight's pretty tame so far. But Tempester is definitely multi-element now.

I totally thought Erza vs Minerva would get offscreened for several more weeks, but it looks like it's happening first. Let's see what new tricks Minerva's got.

Extraordinary Member

Some interesting developments here.

Seems like Gray has an idea about who Silver is.

Tempesta apparently has several kinds of elemental powers at his disposal. Wonder if that was always the case.

Mushroom form of Franmalth is an interesting addition.

And... that is one really good way of escalating the situation.

Default Episode 10

Curses, they cheaped out on Kagura destroying Erza Hopefully the next-ep preview means they'll be embellishing on the latter part of the fight.

Default Chapter 388

Goodbye, twintails But short hair looks good on Wendy too.

Erza vs Minerva did not deliver. I guess Minerva could still do something in upcoming chapters though. And Erza's still short an onscreen fight.

Nice entrance by Sabertooth! Hope they get to show off a bit, though their odds of winning against Mard Geer don't look good.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Goodbye, twintails But short hair looks good on Wendy too.
    I suppose it made sense for the moment, given the asymmetry and all...but...NOOOOO! Oh god, it's Emma Watson all over again!

Erza vs Minerva did not deliver. I guess Minerva could still do something in upcoming chapters though. And Erza's still short an onscreen fight.
    Definitely did not expect this. Thought there would be some drawn out battle between them, but looks like she's getting face heel turned hard and fast. I guess she has been getting into quite a few scuffles with Erza lately and he thought it'd be repetitive.

Nice entrance by Sabertooth! Hope they get to show off a bit, though their odds of winning against Mard Geer don't look good.
    I wonder if Marde knows about the Shadow that was with Rogue during the tournament.

What the hell is up with Japan and cutting your hair to symbolize development!

It's a horrible idea.

Long black hair>>>>>Short Hair

And things were going to so well too.

I blame Ezra. This arc was going well, but nooo we needed to get her usual underwhelming fight scenes and god forbid she ever loses.

Meh.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

Also, the old guild master for sabertooth is confirmed for Ultimate ******* of Fairy Tail. Seriously, **** that guy

Extraordinary Member

Huh, that is not how I pictured a chapter called Erza vs. Minerva going. In both good and bad ways.

I'm mainly annoyed because Mashima always does this with his major female villains. They always pull a big face heel turn that reveals that all their hatred and evil was just hiding sadness and stuff. I don't really mind it here though as it is presented rather well, if a bit sudden. Just wish it wasn't done for all the big lady villains.

Besides that I generally like this chapter. While I too will miss long haired Wendy I think that we're missing out on another important thing here. She can air-bend well enough to use her arm as a sharp blade now. While not as big as pulling off dragon force it does show that her casual control has truly increased and she's ready to kick some more ass. I like it.

I didn't even mind the fight or Erza winning it all that much. It wasn't all that spectacular and part of that is because Minerva wasn't really into it. She was just directing her own self-loathing at Erza and when she wasn't able to do that she just lost the will to fight any more, making herself easy prey for Erza. As far as non-sensical victories for Erza goes, this one is pretty good all things considered.

As for the ending. I'm intrigued. Mashima has done very well in giving Wendy and Lucy spotlight time to be amazingly awesome so I don't mind if he gives Sting and Rogue the same treatment. They really need it and I'm looking forward to them being badass and someone mentioning how they're much stronger now that during the tournament. I doubt that they'll win but I'm hoping that they'll surprise Mard Geer somewhat.

Default Episode 11

Arrrgh, so disappointed with this episode

- Archenemy just frickin' taps against Erza's sword
    - Straight-up blocking instead of deflecting overhead
    - No shoulder wound to account for last week's blood-splash
    - No fight extension, but plenty of palace scenes to break the flow and pad for time
    - Dinky little rock doesn't even scuff up Erza's foot compared to her other foot

Erza vs Kagura was the one fight I wanted them to fix a little, and they just phoned it in

BANNED

It's a nice cartoon series but I don't ave a favorite yet so if I have to chooses who I like the most for now, then Natsu it is.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah.

The latest episode was very much not good at improving the Erza/Kagura situation. And I don't even mean the awesometastic fluid animation kind of improvement. The whole thing was just sadly static in terms of motion.

Between this and the average animation for the symbolism for Neji's freedom bird-no jutsu in the Naruto anime it's been a disappointing week in the anime regard.

Default Chapter 389

Man, why didn't they have Ki-Su revive the chairman in the first place? Every chapter makes it increasingly clear that Ezel REALLY died for nothing

Since Kyouka's the only demon available, I guess she'll be guarding the zombie chairman against Erza and Minerva. (Wait, that's 2v1. One of them could just keep Kyouka busy while the other goes after the Chairman. Unless Kyouka takes one of them out instantly. Or can remotely control Minerva since she's a test-tube demon. Or if Sayla also woke up, or was zombified too, so that it can be 2v2.)

Looks like next week we'll finally get some answers about Silver.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 06-20-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Gray's father as expected...but with a twist. One that I honestly had not expected.

Fuckin' Deliora! Holy crap.

The 3 vs. 3 battle is going rather poorly for Fairy Tail at the moment. I think Natsu and Gajeel are trading blows with the wrong matchups. Juvia doesn't seem to be doing much better, though her water did seem to be the only thing that even remotely bothered Keese in earlier chapters.

I wonder if Deliora was always an ice demon or if he just learned it over the last 7 or so years as ironic revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Gray's father as expected...but with a twist. One that I honestly had not expected.
    I would've been blown away too, if I hadn't seen someone guess it in a different forum last week. I immediately liked the idea, aside from Deliora not using ice AFAIK.

I wonder if Deliora was always an ice demon or if he just learned it over the last 7 or so years as ironic revenge.
    I figure the latter, since Gray would've had stronger feelings about learning ice magic if it were also Deliora's weapon.

I wonder if Gray's father's body was decayed, and restored when Deliora possessed it, or if it was somehow preserved over 10 years by cold weather.

Is it safe for Minerva to be touching Franmalth? I guess she's wearing gloves, if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 06-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.