Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Caught up after a break from Fairy Tail, and loving Lucy's power-up. It's just how I imagined she should develop her magic, and puts her in the middle of battle. Looking forward to how much she progresses.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Erza is crazy powerful as expected. I do like the concept of the wing sword armor.

Lucy's Taurus outfit gave her some nice strength feats. I look forward to seeing what some of the other ones give her now.

Juvia and Wendy get in on the action, yay!

Wendy can freely activate Dragon Force...fuck yeah!!!

Extraordinary Member

Some really good animation in this episode.

The Sun Village arc should come to a close in the next episode as the anime moves on to Tartaros. There's lots of moment I'm really looking forward to seeing animated for that arc.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Some really good animation in this episode.
    For a few bits of Natsu vs Cyclops Bird, which I guess passed for a "final boss" of the arc Lately it feels like they've been decompressing a lot to fill time though. Tons of recapping and static reaction shots. I hope they pick up the pace for Tartaros.

Extraordinary Member

That was a really badass design and seriously impressive scale for a monster that sadly got taken out with a one shot attack.

I was really hoping for a large team up with the present members and Gajeel's squadron taking this thing down.

Oh well, this does really hammer in the whole Natsu is insanely stronger now point. So that works.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

That was a really badass design and seriously impressive scale for a monster that sadly got taken out with a one shot attack.

I was really hoping for a large team up with the present members and Gajeel's squadron taking this thing down.

Oh well, this does really hammer in the whole Natsu is insanely stronger now point. So that works.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that Gajeel will show up after the victory and be like "Don't care that you were a double agent for Erza, you *technically* joined Avatar so the government wants you arrested for that.," and it will set up an excuse for Gajeel and Natsu to fight.

God dammit, Mashima. That's supposed to be the moment when the rebuilt team does a combo attack to show off their unity and powerups. There's no feeling in the friendship speech if Natsu frickin' does it all by himself Now the moment's gone.

Anyway, now it's back to looking like Natsu really might've outleveled everyone in the past year. The others aren't likely to get another opportunity to show off against something that massive

Just finished the Eclipse Celestial spirit filler arc. And I was really forward to it, but it was bad. I especially hated how Natsu saved the day and all the spirits, while Lucy did nothing. I know he is the main character, but this is ridiculous. The arc should have been about Lucy and Yukino, but they were the only ones who were completely useless the entire arc. And Natsu stole the glory as usual, I hate when crap like that happens, and was greatly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    God dammit, Mashima. That's supposed to be the moment when the rebuilt team does a combo attack to show off their unity and powerups. There's no feeling in the friendship speech if Natsu frickin' does it all by himself Now the moment's gone.

Anyway, now it's back to looking like Natsu really might've outleveled everyone in the past year. The others aren't likely to get another opportunity to show off against something that massive
    That's my main problem with Fairy Tail, everyone is sidelined for Natsu. I know he is the main character, but it's ridiculous how they ignore the others in favor of him. Other manga/anime aren't this bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That's my main problem with Fairy Tail, everyone is sidelined for Natsu. I know he is the main character, but it's ridiculous how they ignore the others in favor of him. Other manga/anime aren't this bad.
    I actually wouldn't say that the other characters are ignored really. Erza and Gray pretty much always get at at least one or two fights per arc to show off their awesomeness and it's generally easy to say that they're Natsu's equals. Lucy and Wendy aren't as accomplished ass kickers as those three but they've had a nice natural progression where you can map out their growth from arc to arc. And while they don't get as much screen time Gajeel, Laxus and Gildartz generally get to show off their ass-kicking skills when the spotlight is on them.

There are certainly characters that could deserve some more attention when it comes to fighting, mainly the Strauss siblings, Juvia and Makarov I'd say, but on the whole Mashima is pretty good at handing out cool moments to several members of his rather large cast. There are series where this problem is way worse. Off the top of my head I'd say that DBZ, Negima and Kenichi are all bigger offenders than Fairy Tail.

All that said, Natsu does have a tendency to kinda dominate certain moment and throw off the general power scale. Last time he did this was in the double dragon slayer battle where he just kinda ruined the legendary status of dragon force mode and now he's performed a feat so big that it's difficult to see how any of his former equals are ever gonna measure up to it, unless somebody else summons war gods but then they'll just be turned into jokes by being brought in too often.

That reminds me, God Slayers will never have their day now, either

I actually wouldn't say that the other characters are ignored really. Erza and Gray pretty much always get at at least one or two fights per arc to show off their awesomeness and it's generally easy to say that they're Natsu's equals. Lucy and Wendy aren't as accomplished ass kickers as those three but they've had a nice natural progression where you can map out their growth from arc to arc. And while they don't get as much screen time Gajeel, Laxus and Gildartz generally get to show off their ass-kicking skills when the spotlight is on them.

There are certainly characters that could deserve some more attention when it comes to fighting, mainly the Strauss siblings, Juvia and Makarov I'd say, but on the whole Mashima is pretty good at handing out cool moments to several members of his rather large cast. There are series where this problem is way worse. Off the top of my head I'd say that DBZ, Negima and Kenichi are all bigger offenders than Fairy Tail.

All that said, Natsu does have a tendency to kinda dominate certain moment and throw off the general power scale. Last time he did this was in the double dragon slayer battle where he just kinda ruined the legendary status of dragon force mode and now he's performed a feat so big that it's difficult to see how any of his former equals are ever gonna measure up to it, unless somebody else summons war gods but then they'll just be turned into jokes by being brought in too often.
    I know it's not the worst, but I don't like how Natsu steals a lot of screen time and characters that need it get left out. He doesn't have to fight several mini bosses as well as the main boss, they could easily be given to other characters. It's just that this stood out to me during the filler arc that should of been all about Lucy, but instead Natsu was the focus.

Which is ridiculous, fighting that War God should of been like fighting the dragons at the magic games. Only God Slayers should be able to deal significant damage. But for some stupid reason Dragons trump Gods.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, that was a concept that never really went anywhere. It was basically just made up to give the give the dragon slayers people to fight that aren't dragon slayers.

Extraordinary Member

A second movie is coming.

It's just been greenlit so it'll be a while before any more new show up. But this is fun. I rather enjoyed the first movie.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-13-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Hey guys, I've had this idea for a reimagining of Fairy Tail. Could you look it over and tell me what you think?

Nathan Dragneel:
    24 year old Nathan Dragneel is on a hunt for his missing father. He needs answers and he's the only one who could provide them. Nathan is sort of a cynical jerk with a heart of gold. He used to be all cheerful and smiles but that was until the death of his childhood friend, Lis, which changed his life forever. He is joined on his quest by his cat, Happy and by the young journalist, Lucy.

Lucy Heartfilia:
    24 year old Lucy is just starting out as a journalist. So far, she has been searching for the mysterious Fairy Tail, a gang made up of super-powered misfits. However, she finally finds a link to the gang in the form of Nathan Dragneel, one of its members. She joins him on his quest, hoping that he may lead her to Fairy Tail. Nathan is reluctant to take Lucy along at first but over time, she starts to grow on him. Although she has kept this a secret from everyone (including her father), she too has strange abilities. Apparently, she has the ability to summon creatures from other dimensions

Basically, Nathan is a byronic hero who throughout the series, starts to evolve into a better person. The other members of Fairy Tail make appearances once Nathan decides to take Lucy to their headquarters, an abandoned factory. As you can see, this series is more sci-fi than fantasy.