Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Given that we've known Kisu was a necromancer for a few chapters now, I'm surprised I didn't think of Silver essentially being a highly refined zombie.

Now we focus on Juvia vs. Kisu. Defeating him means stopping zombie chairman as well as Silver having to say his goodbyes to Gray. Though I'm sure its not that simple; I'm sure Erza and Minerva going to the control room and Wendy gathering reinforcements are going to be needed to really stop the Faces.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Darn necromancers. I was kind of hoping Gray's dad would be a (non-Deliora) demon all along.

Unfortunately, I was too busy being exasperated with Silver's dumbness to register the emotional moment. His original Devil Slayer backstab plans would've been a lot more helpful than double-KO'ing with Gray while the fate of the world was at stake. It takes some talent to play your cards that badly.

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 393: That was sad. A bit disappointing, I rather enjoyed the Deliora twist. But also surprising. A mixed but overall good chapter. And now it is Juvia to the rescue! Go Juvia Go!

Ice Trail: Neat first chapter to Gray's story. Fun, some action is had and it sets itself rather nicely in the general timeline. Though I wonder how long it'll be before we see the Nano/Gray vs. Juvia/Gray shipping wars.

Zero: ...oh gawd! That was just too much. Even that kid died on screen, not blood or anything but man. And we now know the identity of the fourth founder. I'm guessing that Mavis will be the Shikamaru of the story while Makarov senior does most of the shounen action stuff. Also, I really want to hug chibi Mavis.

FT Zero got through Mavis's early childhood quicker than I expected. I also thought it'd take longer to gather the founding members. At least Precht isn't sporting the eyepatch yet, so we'll probably see how that happened.

Ice Trail is off to a good start. The art reminds me of Soul Eater. And I like Nano's magic.

Just saw the latest episode and it reminded me. How did Lucy know that she should close the portal? I don't remember it being explained. Also is this arc facing the demons the last one in Fairy Tail, or are there more stories planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Just saw the latest episode and it reminded me. How did Lucy know that she should close the portal? I don't remember it being explained.
    Rechecking ch.327, it wasn't anything specific. It just dawned on her that Future Rogue was lying about the cannon function, and that the gate only worked as a time portal.

I remember it being pretty obvious to the reader long before Lucy figured it out, but I have a hard time separating reader knowledge from character knowledge.

Also is this arc facing the demons the last one in Fairy Tail, or are there more stories planned?
    There needs to be at least one more for dragons/Acnologia. And maybe another for the top three Wizard Saints, unless they get rolled into this arc or the dragon one.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 07-19-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

My personal guess has always been that Lucy just saw through the light slightly better than everyone else.

As for story threads that could lead to more arcs:
    - E.N.D. could either be the big bad of this arc or kick everybody's ass and become a long running baddie.
    - The top three wizard saints are still unknown factors and need to be at least introduced.
    - The dragons in general and Natsu's "search" for Igneel in particular need to be addressed at some point.
    - Zeref of course has to do something and he doesn't seem all that interested in what Tartarus are doing, more amused than anything else.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Okay, I've been watch the Fairy Tail English dub and am almost at the cut-off point. Should I just give up and read the manga, or stick with the show?

(Please don't recommend the original, I can't understand Japanese and I hate reading subtitles.)
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    Okay, I've been watch the Fairy Tail English dub and am almost at the cut-off point. Should I just give up and read the manga, or stick with the show?

(Please don't recommend the original, I can't understand Japanese and I hate reading subtitles.)
    Have you made it through the Grimoire Heart arc and met Michelle Lobster? The latter is part of a long semi-canon filler arc, so the manga would pass it over.

I think tasting the manga side is good, although it depends if you want to switch tracks in the middle. (I usually recommend it first if I can, for reference against anime changes, which have their ups and downs.)

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, I'm right before they do the time skip. Apparently there is going to be a 4 month gap until the next DVD set, so I might switch over.
    Cyclops was right

Default Fairy Tail 394

I wonder if Gray's powerup will be temporary, like Fairy Glitter and Lucy's Aquarius tattoo? That'd be my personal bet.

Since Silver and the skeletons were stopped by Keith's defeat, that should mean the ex-Chairman's been stopped too. But maybe he already activated all the Faces.

The next "chapter" title suggests it's Kyouka's turn, and presumably Erza's (finally). Or maybe Gerard and Meldy will get to do something. Meldy's magic has potential against Kyouka's.

Edit: Wait a minute... "E.N.D. is a fire demon"... Evil Natsu Dragneel theory +1.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 07-25-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm starting to wonder about the logistics for the E.N.D. stands for Evil Natsu Dragneel.

He's been called nothing else by basically everyone so that's what he's always been. But then he would be around at the same time as Natsu is around, although E.N.D. is sealed now. So either time-travel stuff is at play again or E.N.D. is another part of Natsu that he lost at some point.

Default Episode 17

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Just saw the latest episode and it reminded me. How did Lucy know that she should close the portal? I don't remember it being explained.
    Looks like ep 17 answers it. Huh, I totally forgot about that part from the manga. But yup, it was there in ch 327.

The dragons are ok, I guess. Looks like next week will have some filler scenes for the other guilds attacking the dragons, which could be nice.

Atlas Flame's voice is different from how I imagined.

Spider2814

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder about the logistics for the E.N.D. stands for Evil Natsu Dragneel.

He's been called nothing else by basically everyone so that's what he's always been. But then he would be around at the same time as Natsu is around, although E.N.D. is sealed now. So either time-travel stuff is at play again or E.N.D. is another part of Natsu that he lost at some point.
    It goes with my theory that Natsu (and probably all of the dragon slayers) were put in stasis (by a spell similar to Fairy Sphere) before they woke up and found their guilds. Which would also explain how both Natsu and Gajeel could be considered over the age of 80. (by Freed's magic in the battle of Fairy Tail arc)

I thought FT's odds would improve with a 3v2, but Juvia gets taken out by anti-magic to keep things even.

Dual-element DS > demon form. Teamwork needs work though.

Marde Geer doesn't seem worried about Keith's defeat, or doesn't know about it yet.

I bet Franmalth is going to absorb the ex-Chairman's soul from his corpse to keep Face going... Wait, I just realized he could've done that in the first place! Ezel's death gains yet another level of pointlessness -.-
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 08-01-2014 at 02:12 AM.