Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

I hope she doesn't die. As I think there's going to be one more big arc, she would be an invaluable ally in the ultimate war against Acnologia. So I hope she is spared, then regains some sanity along the way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

...*sighs* the flame pants are back on. ...stupid flame pants.

Huh, I figured that Eileen in Wendy's body would last at least one more chapter. Now it just seems like a way to get Wendy out of the picture for the Erza/Eileen throwdown.

Still a neat chapter with a nice look back at Erza and Wendy's friendship, and Eileen in Wendy's body was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Well, it's just the cover, but you sorta got your wish, in that its an evil sorceress dress, and certainly not anything like she's worn before...Holy Damn...
    Yeah. Don't know why I didn't expect Wendy wearing Eileen's clothes but... yeah... it did its job...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I hope she doesn't die. As I think there's going to be one more big arc, she would be an invaluable ally in the ultimate war against Acnologia. So I hope she is spared, then regains some sanity along the way.
    At this point she's so insane and her body's so disconnected that I wonder if it wouldn't be a mercy to take her down. If only because we've already got the obligatory "female antagonist turning to Fairy Tail's side" this arc with Brandish. Any more would kinda strech it for that trope.

Also, I'm still betting that Ankhseram will be the final big bad of the series.

I dunno, Crime Sorciere is all about reforming people. Jellal and Ultear were just as insane as her once upon a time.

I like your call of Ankhseram, I always forget about the hints tying that god to the mythos.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Ah, the Flame Pants did not result in one-chapter victory.

Good. This is good.

That was my first thought too. Very nice. Heck it looks like she won't technically defeat her mom at all, not if this move puts her on the ground which I'm guessing it will.

I bet Eileen will be challenged by someone else though before she can put the finishing touches on a knocked out Erza and run wild on everyone else. My guess, either Acnologia or, my personal hope, Etherious Natsu Dragon.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

That was my first thought too. Very nice. Heck it looks like she won't technically defeat her mom at all, not if this move puts her on the ground which I'm guessing it will.

I bet Eileen will be challenged by someone else though before she can put the finishing touches on a knocked out Erza and run wild on everyone else. My guess, either Acnologia or, my personal hope, Etherious Natsu Dragon.
    Yeah, she wasn't even really pushing her Mom at all before the transformation; she only did that because she was going psycho-bitch mode.

We all know she'll succeed in taking out the meteor somehow, with help or no, since plot demands it, but she definitely should be in no shape to continue fighting Irene afterwards.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Yeah, blocking a dragon swipe unarmored wasn't a great idea in retrospect, even for Erza.

For a sec I thought she was going to poof the meteor into her hammerspace. That would've made sense.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, flame pants are defeated but Erza still gets to pull off an impressive heroic move. That's good. Said move reminds me very much of when Goku killed King Piccolo.

As for what'll happen after Erza destroys the meteor. Somebody will probably take on Eileen but I think that she'll be hesistant about finishing off Erza.

For me it would make sense for Acnologia to show up and kill off Eileen. Just to finish off their fight from before. And that way she can act as mother one last time and protect Erza from the most powerful monster in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    For a sec I thought she was going to poof the meteor into her hammerspace. That would've made sense.
    Ah, but that's clever. Erza doesn't really do clever most of the time. Also, we don't know if she can force something that big into her hammer space.

I think Erza just might cast some sort of spell on the meteor instead of going smashy smashy. Either Fairy Law or Fairy Glitter, or maybe even Mavis hears Erza and lends her the power of Fairy Heart for her to do something new. From there she will fall from the sky, but Jellal will show up and make the chivalrous save. She'll be near death though, and I imagine before losing consciousness its she who utters the words to Jellal asking to see him smile, hence the chapter title. Maybe Jellal finally tells her he loves her or something. Then I think before Eileen can really do anything else Acnologia shows up to continue his fight with Eileen.

Then we won't know what happens there for a while because we go back to Natsu and co. 520 I'm expecting to be a landmark chapter where Natsu "dies" and reawakens as full demon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Also, we don't know if she can force something that big into her hammer space.
    I was thinking it'd be a relatively safe (non-game-breaking) utility powerup to give her, just to show her capacity has improved. I'm still miffed that she got basically nothing out of the training timeskip except a big fat relative nerf.

I think Erza just might cast some sort of spell on the meteor instead of going smashy smashy. Either Fairy Law or Fairy Glitter, or maybe even Mavis hears Erza and lends her the power of Fairy Heart for her to do something new.
    She pulled a sword out, so I doubt it
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 01-23-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, none of us predicted this chapter correctly.

Which would've been nice if it had been better presented.

spoilers:
    Erza destroys the meteor on hero own and is still able to turn around and blast herself towards Eileen. Wendy infuses Erza's sword with dragon slaying magic so she's actually able to injure Eileen's dragon form (Eileen just stares at Erza instead of blasting her away or doing anything really).

Eileen is injured and forced into her human form. She tries to kill Erza but is head butted for her troubles and Erza can no longer move. Eileen attempts to kill Erza again but finds herself unable to do so.

Flash back to when Erza was born. Eileen couldn't make herself take over Erza's body and abandoned her at the orphanage before she completely lost it. And now, for the same, reason she can't kill her own daughter. So instead she stabbs herself and dies on the ground.
    end of spoilers

I actually quite like the tragedy of the ending. But Eileen overall feels a bit wasted as a character.

Blech. So tired of Erza fights, (Ajeel excepted)
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I think he rushed Eileen's return to sanity. But I highly doubt she'll be killed off so maybe at least we'll get to see some sort of redemption from her later. All in all the issue went down the exact way Erza haters were predicting, which disappointed me some. I don't think she should have been shown to be able to harm a dragon, even though she was only able to because of Wendy. But still the visual is her cutting a dragon. I would have rather seen this go a different way where physically Wendy was the one to damage her. And I wanted to see Eileen get to fight another dragon, be it Acnologia or Natsu, before she went down.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-27-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Erza hurtling her broken body back toward Irene for another attack right after destroying the meteor was pretty funny. I didn't think she'd still have gas left in the tank. And the self-stab headbutt was hardcore. She's seriously going to need medical attention after this.

Irene's character makes more sense now. Wonder if she'll still be alive to help against Acno later.

I still think we might get one more time skip after this. Perhaps a year or so again and then we'll find out she's with Crime Sorciere. Another time skip might facilitate the idea that Natsu needs to train and learn how to A, keep the demon at bay, and B, learn to control the dragonification. Maybe pull a Cell Games situation where Acnologia agrees to lay low for a while until the Slayers are at their peak, but mostly to wait for Natsu.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-29-2017 at 03:10 AM.