Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Default Episode 18

This episode had some pretty nice animation, although Jura+Kagura+Leon bounced off the rock dragon's head too lightly compared to some of the other attempts.

Extraordinary Member

Manga: While the double dragon force beating the tar out of the demon forms is actually consistent with previous match ups it does make these fights less exciting and less enteraining that some of the other excellent showdowns we've gotten this arc, not to mention that it makes Torafusa and Tempesta seem kinda like after thoughts. Still, consistency.

So unless Tempesta and Torafusa get up the only real big fight remaining is Rogue and Sting against Mard Geer. I kinda really have high hopes for that one, hoping that Sting and Rogue bust out their own dragon force soon.

Anime: Quite a lot of nice animation moments indeed and I did enjoy how they did build up to Cobra's reveal, even if it is completely spoiled by the opening and last week's preview.

Word has it Weekly Shounen Magazine's on break this week, so no new chapter.

Natsu touching second base got censored in the show, although it still happens ^_^'

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Filler of Zirconis stripping more ladies...denied.

But instead here's a Twilight Ogre chick joining the battle...because reasons?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Filler of Zirconis stripping more ladies...denied.

They wanted to apologise for censoring Natsu' second base achivement?

Or they're setting up a filler arc thing.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Oh wow, how could I miss this thread.
    I'm currently watching the show with FUNImation. They just released part 11of the old show and there's 4 more to go till the first series is done.
    Huge FT fan, own several volumes of Manga, all the blu-ray releases thus far, headphones and figures.

I will obviously avoid this thread for spoilers, but I just wanted to let you know I'm out there :P.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    That felt even more random than the dolphin knight in the palace, which is saying something. Partly because she was actually effective against a zergling pack, instead of being total cannon fodder.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They wanted to apologise for censoring Natsu' second base achivement?

Or they're setting up a filler arc thing.
    I'm surprised they censored it to that extent. Just the other day on Blade Dance they showed Kamito practically 'play' with Est's breasts. Just goes to show that they're probably trying to keep the broadcast of FT extra kid friendly.

No chapter last week, but it leaked early, so instead of getting a chapter Friday, we're getting it today.

Tora and Tempesta aren't down for the count. In fact, they seemed to take the dual element beating like bosses and now things look bad for the heroes again. Levy shipping arives to save the day and no doubt give Gajeel the determination to win next chapter.

Extraordinary Member

This is a great set up for a fight.

Gajeel is the only able to fight, the bad guy has a serious field advantage, there's this real sense of urgency as the rest of the good guys are drowing and Gajeel gets some serious motivation towards the end.

I'm kinda loving this and I'm hoping for something epic on par with what Lucy, Wendy and Gray got.

SQUEEEEE!

Conveniently, Juvia and Aquarius are out of action.

Poison for everyone! Where's Cobra when you need him?

BANNED

Anything new for Gildarts?

o

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Anything new for Gildarts?

o
    Nope.

Nothing since the silent chapter during the Grand Magic Games.

Which quites honestly is probably good. He'd be able to beat down at least two of Kyukimon at once.

Extraordinary Member

Fairy Tail Zero chapter 2:

Mavis and Yury meet and face off in a game of wits.

I really enjoyed the banter they have and Mavis is just super-adorable. She's gonna be pissed/sad when there are no fairies.

Holy ****, is Mashima really writing FT Zero? I didn't think he could write good mind games, considering FT's usual level.

Debating whether Zeira is really alive, or a ghost, or Mavis's imagination.

Hello, I got into Fairy Tail not so long ago (just read vol. 10) and I have a question, if you guys don't mind.

One of my issues with action shonen manga is that it lack of women who can really kick ass. Not with magic powers or healing, or guns, but physically, with their fists or their sword. Yes, there are strong women, but most of the times, they are support characters (Tsunade), teachers (Biscuit), or end up being outclassed (Android 18). Or they are in a all women manga (Claymore)
    What I'd like to see is a female Zoro, a female Vegeta, a female Hiei.
    And so far, Erza seems to be that. And that's awesome.

So my question to readers who are up to date is: is she still one of the most powerfull main characters? Is she still a female Zoro (or at least Sanji) or is she now as irrelevant (in fights) as Nico Robin?