Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Early chapter out, hooray.

Natsu's decides to be human.

The best parts were Erza's moment with Wendy and a certain geographic adjustment.

Sounds like August next chapter. Wonder if Jellal will get back up, or if Gildarts will come in to try and steal the show.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

This chapter was the first in a long time to bum me out. I do not like the implication that years of build-up over the E.N.D. and dragon situation might have been tossed aside. I desperately hope I'm wrong and the demon and dragon still remain, rather what Natsu did here means he controls it, and will have to bring them forth in the future.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Natsu had doubts about his humanity? That wasn't explored at all. Or was this a non issue and unexplored because he'd never stopped thinking of himself as a human? This also leaves the situation with Natsu powers unresolved. I'm assuming he still has his dragon powers since otherwise he'd be pretty pointless in a fight. And then he should still have his demonic powers. But does this mean that the demonic powers will only serve as another power up for him? While cool that'd be disappointing as I've been wanting to see Natsu rage out with a fusion of his demon and dragon powers for quite some time now.

Overall, there are a few too many questions right now that need to be answered from this. And I don't really feel that they've completelythe triumphant grins they have at the end of the chapter.

Oh well, at least Eileen's dead so that tragedy will remain a tragedy at least. And Wendy's quite realization of Makarov's death was handle really well.

Here hoping that August will be awesome. I wouldn't mind if several of the strongest mages around took him on at once. So throw Giladartz and Jellal at him, along with Kagura and Minerva, and Cana nuking him with Fariy Glitter. Hell, throw in as many weird powers as possible to attack him on several fronts at once.

I actually think Eileen dying was a complete waste. I'm actually still hoping she survives somehow. She still has potential, imo. Makarov died, that's enough tragedy for me in a story that's not intended to be tragic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I actually think Eileen dying was a complete waste. I'm actually still hoping she survives somehow. She still has potential, imo. Makarov died, that's enough tragedy for me in a story that's not intended to be tragic.
    I personally think we've filled the required "Villainess becomes good" character arc for this story with Brandish.

After several poorly written non-deaths I am a ok with multiple deaths that are actually tragic. It also fit Eileen's character arc more.

Fair enough. There's plenty of reformed characters as it is, just would have liked to see more of her.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Huh, I was wondering if Natsu would lose all his powers, but his fire magic is still working on the last page, so I guess he's just no longer at risk of going full dragon or demon.

As long as he's still able to, and does turn at some point. If he's not going to turn evil when it happens( which I think was the best idea and a huge missed opportunity either way) fine enough. But if he doesn't actually transform into a demon and/or a dragon at some point it will be a major, major fail.

New chapter's out on yonkouprod.

LOL at Zeref's disappointment. Best part of the chapter.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Better chapter than last week. Very refreshing to get a setting change. Now all I need is Zeref laughing at Natsu's proclamation that he chose to be human, and pull out that book again...

Extraordinary Member

I'm ok with Jacob losing a fist fight with Mirajane, especially since he'd blinded himself and apparently still pushed her limits. I'm less ok with Ajeel, who was kicking Erza's ass, losing to Elfman and Lisanna of all people. Even less ok with that happening off-screen.

Woohoo! Gildartz vs. August, let's GO! Please make a kick ass fight out of this one Mashima.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Agreed about the Strauss sibling fights.

I liked Gildartz going "oops" at the cathedral, and Gray reaching the boss first.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Huh, so Gray was intent on ass-pulling his way to victory using an *extra* sacrificial form of Iced Shell he happened to learn during his time with Avatar. But Natsu crashes in with the skull-punch of friendship. Now Zeref looks ready to start his battle with Natsu.

Meanwhile, August's badass status only further confirmed by him not being phased by Gildart's disassembly magic.

And with Eileen's world magic undone, it was of course only a matter of time: Acnologia. Someone come to Wendy's aid quick; the loli must be protected at all costs!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Huh, so Gray was intent on ass-pulling his way to victory using an *extra* sacrificial form of Iced Shell he happened to learn during his time with Avatar. But Natsu crashes in with the skull-punch of friendship. Now Zeref looks ready to start his battle with Natsu.
    Despite the general faults and reptitiveness of the scene, I was quite moved with Gray's reasoning and readyness to disappear. I also appreciate that Zeref didn't care. It was only ever going to be a temporary measure to contain him.
    Meanwhile, August's badass status only further confirmed by him not being phased by Gildart's disassembly magic.
    I love how August's reaction to being turned into tiny blocks was "Well, this is neat. Now watch how I can still kick your ass even with this handicap."
    And with Eileen's world magic undone, it was of course only a matter of time: Acnologia. Someone come to Wendy's aid quick; the loli must be protected at all costs!
    Yeah, they totally need help. But who's left to do that at this point. Especially against Acnologia of all things.

I guess Mest is the best option since he might be able to run away with everybody.

New twist: Acnologia legit destroys the world and the main characters have to seek refuge in Edolas.

In the meantime, only a couple ways I can think of for Erza and Wendy to not be killed immediately. One would be if Eileen isn't really dead. The imagery suggests otherwise with that big ass sword still sticking out of her, but maybe Wendy did some healing on her on the sly before she was categorically dead? If not something along those lines though I can only imagine all the rest of the Dragon Slayers showing up and uniting to at least try to keep him at bay.