Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

That's Erza's cue to grab Wendy and THROW her to the next country over.

Hmm. Nothing against Big G but he needs to get murdered by August or Acno, for the sake of much Cana angst and actual threatening antagonists.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Gildarts does die at some point. LIke you said, not just for development of Cana, but I mean, even with Makarov gone now, with Mavis around again she makes much more sense to be Master again. Or if she doesn't stick around or refuses it, symbolically Laxus always made the most sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Plus he's a father, and being a father is a death sentence in Fairy Tail.

In all seriousness, though, I expect him to die pretty soon; it's just a question of how much he'll accomplish before kicking the bucket.

Acnologia nearly killed him once before. Perhaps that's foreshadowing that the job will eventually be completed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So this is Fairy Tail's last arc. I guess both Acnologia and Zeref will be wrapped up at the conclusion of this war.

Interesting. Wonder if it'll go to 600 chapters.

I tend to agree with those that say Ankhseram will be the true final boss in any case.

That's disappointing. I thought it had one more, specifically catered to really fleshing out Acnologia, in it. But, maybe that can still all happen here just technically within the same arc. That and then there's series 3 of the anime to look forward to.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I can totally see Zeref being redeemed just in time to join the heroes against Ankhseram.

Basically I see the final battles being Natsu vs. Zeref, dragon slayers vs. Acnologia and lastly the main characters + Zeref and Mavis vs. Ankhseram. At least that's what I'm kinda hoping for.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

524:

Looks like Zeref is a lot stronger than Natsu now that Blaze mode is gone.

Acnologia continues being just...sinister as all hell.

August tanks Fairy Glitter like it was nothing, probably to the surprise of no one. And now he reveals a more sinister side...

On one hand, very little happened here. Acnologia Negan'd a corpse, and Natsu and Zeref exchange a few blows that do nothing, and Cana fires another Fairy Glitter that does nothing.

That said, I don't really know what's going to happen anymore. And I consider that a good thing. Zeref told Gray of a secret plot that not even the Spriggans know. August claims Zeref wants to save the world from Acnologia. So there's a disconnect there automatically and one wonders, since August is clearly mistaken in the totality of Zeref's aims, is Zeref's true goal much much more sinister? Or actually much more positive?

Why didn't Acno immediately smell dragon on Irene when they first met?

The stuff with Zeref and Acno was good, but the set-up with August leaves me cold. Seems out of character for the old guy, forcing the overused Fairy Tail formula once again.

Prediction: August seriously wounds Cana, probably not killing her. Gildarts gets power of feelings, beats August down.

Hope I'm wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Natsu: We're the Fairy Tail mages!
    Text: Fairy Tail Final Arc
    Narrator: A decade after starting its serialization, creator Hiro Mashima's story …
    Text: Over 60 million in print worldwide
    Text: Original Work: Hiro Mashima
    Text & Narrator: … Is finally heading towards the climax!
    Text: Film executive producer: Hiro Mashima
    Natsu: It doesn't matter what happens to me! My blood, flesh, bones — all of it!
    Lucy: Stop, Natsu!
    Natsu: For my friends!
    Text & Narrator: Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry
    Lucy: Natsu, open your eyes …
    Text: That power … is it hope or destruction…?

The film will open on May 6.

Not a lot of animation in the teaser; hopefully the final product lives up to the first movie.

As for chapter 525...
    spoilers:
    RIP Larcade, we hardly knew ye.

There's a theory going around that August is actually talking about himself. Chapter 509 would be some clever misdirection if that's true.
    end of spoilers