Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 526:

Huh... spoilers:
    August is Mavis and Zeref's child.
    end of spoilers

Neat revelation and fake out. But unless something more is going to come of it, it'll be pretty wasted.

And if this is how August is defeated, then this might be the most disappointing out of all the Spriggan fights.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chapter 526:

Huh... spoilers:
    August is Mavis and Zeref's child.
    end of spoilers

Neat revelation and fake out. But unless something more is going to come of it, it'll be pretty wasted.

And if this is how August is defeated, then this might be the most disappointing out of all the Spriggan fights.
    There is still the implication that August absorbed or copied Serena's Lacrima. Seems too Chekhov's Gun-ish for August to go out of his way to point to his heart and say he carries Serena with him.

So I guess Mystogan is the perfect counter to August. Shame he's retired.

Is Erza a holder type mage? Guess she could beat him too. *roll eyes*
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

So the theories about August's parentage were true! Hope he's not out of the fight just yet. His power explains how he got his reputation, although it comes off cheaper than the previous assumption that he learned everything the old-fashioned way.

Interesting parallel between his and Cana's situations. Although, it seems like Zeref ended up adopting and raising him, so maybe he did get parental love (or as close as Zeref can manage) and just didn't realize it?

Does his instant copy ability work on Zeref's death wave and/or immortality curse? I guess not, since he grew old without becoming immortal.

Precht, what are you even doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    There is still the implication that August absorbed or copied Serena's Lacrima. Seems too Chekhov's Gun-ish for August to go out of his way to point to his heart and say he carries Serena with him.
    If it's lacrima it would be holder-type magic, so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    Is Erza a holder type mage? Guess she could beat him too. *roll eyes*
    If she can land a hit, yeah.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Early Chapter so...

SPOILERS

- So August had an OP spell trick up his sleeve, and this one doesn't get a cheap counter like Eileen's Meteor. It does, however, get a similar beat of not wanting to kill your blood stopping it. The thing I like about this is that it establishes that no one could have really stopped August from doing it and he had to go out on his own terms. However, I would have liked August's last stand to have been longer, full of a little more back and forth before he determined "yep, time to go with the kamikaze country-wide blood evaporation nuke." A neat idea for his end, but a little hampered by the double-edged sword that is Mashima's preference for speedy battles.

-If Mavis never learns about him, that would be kinda sad. She took the Book of END with her eh? Yeah, guess I didn't realize that was a possibility.

-Kinda surprised to see Natsu go the distance of addressing Zeref as brother. The fight's only going to heat up from here. Next chapter is demon dragon or some such...so perhaps resolving the 'tumor' and merging seed thing isn't making the whole END thing go away.

Was END always backward on the cover? Oh wait, it's just upside-down, haha.

Extraordinary Member

Wow... that is a lot of wasted potential right there.

I mean, at least Eileen got a fascinatingly dark and tragic back story and some proper fighting before biting the dust. But it is nice that August wasn't ever over-powered or outright defeated.

Still... so much wasted potential.

So we're down to Zeref and Acnologia now? Come on Mashima, everything about these two has been fairly great so far. You just gotta stick the landing.

LOL August, we applaud you for refusing to lose to Fairy Tail.

I liked the twist that it was actually August who was Zeref and Mavis' child. However it will be extremely disappointing if just seeing his mother is the way he was "defeated". Hopefully he's just "in the ether" and will reform later.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Default Chapter 528

spoilers:
    **** YEAH, CHRISTINA!

Gerard gets to come back from his offscreen spanking and do something, but it's Acno, so no sale.

Who could that be at the end, Anna?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 03-25-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Anna or Layla from the past through the Eclipse Gate would be my best guesses at the moment.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

This better not be the start of a series of incidents that has Acnologia about to stomp some fool only to be interrupted at the last possible minute, ad nauseum.

I want to see Acnologia stomp some fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This better not be the start of a series of incidents that has Acnologia about to stomp some fool only to be interrupted at the last possible minute, ad nauseum.

I want to see Acnologia stomp some fools.
    You mean like Irene?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Fairy Tail keeps doing the friendship pulls to save characters or beat much stronger ones.

And I hate how the writer brought back Lisanna yet had literally dine nothing with her when she should be the most important person to Natsu considering their history and how she has affected him the most.

Bringing Lisanna back and not doing anything with her was indeed a waste of time. But she was never going to be the most important person to Natsu in actual practice, regardless to the past history that was written in. It was Natsu and Lucy from the get-go, period.

Anywho:

spoilers:
    Anna it is as the secret character aboard the Pegasus. And she's been in this time period for as long as the kids and dragons were. That I wasn't expecting. I was expecting her as coming through an Eclipse Gate very recently or something. And it was interesting that as soon as Wendy saw her we saw memories start trying to resurface, as she immediately knew her name though still confused. This looks like its going to be setting up a huge role for Lucy in regards to the plan to get rid of Acnologia. No way she won't be key, no pun intended.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-31-2017 at 03:32 PM.