Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

I think my disappointment in spoilers:
    Mavis and Zeref dying together because of the curse
    end of spoilers might be because I'd been hoping for something more from the curse.

Mainly for the theory about Ankhseram being the true big bad to be true.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Eh, confirmation that Fairy Tail only had two volumes left pretty much put the nail in Ankhseram being the big bad. His appearance now would be like Kaguya in Naruto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Eh, confirmation that Fairy Tail only had two volumes left pretty much put the nail in Ankhseram being the big bad. His appearance now would be like Kaguya in Naruto.
    I know.

But I was hoping ever since Zeref's flashback and it hadn't really dawned on me that the theory was pretty much dead until just now.

Oh well. Just gotta wait for Acnologia to bust out.

I actually didn't like Makarov's death. I wasn't wanting him to die at all but to me his sacrifice was lackluster and unnecessary in that particular moment. Add to that that his potential sacrifice to Acnologia on Tenrou Island would have been so much better, I was never satisfied with how he went out. So all in all I'm actually glad he got revived via sacrifice of another. On the other hand I like the way Mavis and Zeref finally died, I just wish Zeref would have had a better "final boss" moment before it happened. Natsu vs. Zeref round 2 was one-note at best.

How I feel about the overall end hinges entirely on if Acnologia is done or not. If he is, I won't be happy. If I get at least a few chapters of the fruition of Acnologia vs the Dragon Slayers, it'll be better than nothing if not probably rushed.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Man, it's really ending.

Now I guess they need to keep Natsu from dying along with Zeref.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Man, it's really ending.

Now I guess they need to keep Natsu from dying along with Zeref.
    Wasn't that dealt with by Lucy editing Natsu's book?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Wasn't that dealt with by Lucy editing Natsu's book?
    Apparently not...

spoilers:

Despite finishing the rewrite, the book disappears and Natsu eventually seems to fade away a few minutes later. I doubt such a downer fate will stick, but she'll apparently have to do more to keep Natsu going.

Gray being able to absorb all the bad juju from her is pretty handy though, so at least contact with the book wasn't bad for her.

Massive crack in the sky: Gee, whoever could that be?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think Natsu is tied to Lucy now, and that he'll come back by being summoned like one of her celestial spirits would. She won't discover this though till each Dragon Slayer falls to Acnologia. Then Natsu will return, maybe even finally in a dragon form himself, and he'll defeat Acnologia.
    Natsu only will die when Lucy dies. Symbolism aplenty.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

^
    spoilers:

Not a bad idea. Rather than summoning him like a spirit, what if she has to actually write a book of her own to substitute for the lost book of END? She could temporarily bring him into the battle with Acnologia by scribbling something on a piece of paper, but the series would end with her actually finishing her book, which would bring Natsu truly back, and as you say, now tethered to her instead of Zeref.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Neat ideas!

spoilers:
    Don't tell me Natsu just sniffed Acno in the distance and quietly ran off to fight him.

If nothing else, Happy could fly him there a lot faster.
    end of spoilers

People still read this crap? I hope they didn't beat my boy Acnologia and zeref with feelings too

I still enjoy it quite a bit, yes. Not without my complaints, but its still fun for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    ^
    spoilers:

Not a bad idea. Rather than summoning him like a spirit, what if she has to actually write a book of her own to substitute for the lost book of END? She could temporarily bring him into the battle with Acnologia by scribbling something on a piece of paper, but the series would end with her actually finishing her book, which would bring Natsu truly back, and as you say, now tethered to her instead of Zeref.
    end of spoilers
    That is a really cool idea actually.

spoilers:
    But if that's the case then I hope it's not the only thing Lucy does to contribute to the final battle. We really need to see the main character team take on Acnologia and I really want to see Lucy somehow use a Celestial Spirit King star dress.

And it kinda makes sense that Acnologia wouldn't be taken out by the Ravines of time. Demon Dragon Natsu no sold a time stop so Acnologia probably has some similar resistance to time manipulation, but on a bigger scale.
    end of spoilers

I too dig your alternate idea of a new book. Kinda like it better than my key idea.

Extraordinary Member

As predicted Acnologia makes his triumphant return.

spoilers:
    He's eaten thing that was supposed to kill him and is now carpet bombing EVERYTHING.

It also seems like he's able to exist inside the ravines of time and outside of them as well. He's summoning all the dragon slayers to that location to feast on them. So it's finally time for the main dragon slayers of the series to take on Acnologia. Hopefully they'll do better than the last time they tried to fight dragons.
    end of spoilers