Page 66 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Chapter 72:

Full on team wipeout!

Lucy gets overwhelmed by Mimi's raw strength and combat skill, though Capricorn puts up a decent fight. There are seeds planted here for Lucy to grow stronger during this arc. I'd really like to see that.

Natsu, Happy and Gray just get frozen without being able to do anything about it. Is freezing Natsu the most effective way of beating him? It worked wonders for Silver as well.

Selene has evil plans for the crew and orders her minions to bring them back alive for some torture or brainwashing, it's unclear.

Meanwhile, Touka and Faris are heading towards the Whiteout temple to meet with a grand priestess who can hopefully help them. That situation could go a whole bunch of ways.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Chapter 74

Snake Lucy vs. Natsu. Natsu is actually willing to fight Lucy, though if she plays the innocent victim card he kinda pulls his punches. Seems like the transformed girls have access to the new Spirit Power energy and Lucy's spells are much stronger. But it also results in Aquarius coming from the water and promising to deal with Lucy.

Meanwhile we've got Wendy as a cute Bakeneko while Happy and Charle are giant tiger youkais.

I wonder if Gray and Natsu are going to have to meet up and fight a final boss fight with whatever Erza turned into, or if that is immediately what Natsu is going to do since Aquarius is taking on Lucy?

Extraordinary Member

First up, last chapter Selene said that while she doesn't feel the need for clothes in dragon form, she will abide by human rules and no walk around nude when she is in her human form. Nobody objected to this reasoning when I'm positive there would actually be much objecting.

I wonder if the spirit power thing will stick around, at least for Lucy since there were some hints that could be interpreted as her possibly gaining a power up. It'll be interesting to see just how Aquarius handles Lucy.

You'd think that Natsu couldn't handle Erza boosted by this spirit power on his own. But that might also make her a prime target for the "punch her until she snaps out of it" approach.

I've really gotten into this series over the past year, both in manga and anime form. Only problem with it is that it kind of it seems way too much of a cliche that the guild and the villains seems to almost instantly become best friends once the arcs are over, although it takes a few a bit longer (Mainly Ultear, who is pretty much the main "behind the scenes" villain for most of the first 120 episodes or so) Most bizzarely, the Levy/ Gajeel relationship, where she was semi-crucified by him to being a couple....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-14-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Caught up again The gang jobbed harder than usual against the generals, but oh well.

Wendy MVP!

I forgot to mention before, but I wonder if Face is related to Elentir. They resemble both Hands and whiteout power.

Chapter 79:

Erza defeats the first General rematch, and using a new armor instead of her flame pants to boot!

Natsu wanders off while chasing a tanuki youkai to get back his scarf, and by the time he gets it back he runs into none other than Suzaku.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Chapter 79:

Erza defeats the first General rematch, and using a new armor instead of her flame pants to boot!

Natsu wanders off while chasing a tanuki youkai to get back his scarf, and by the time he gets it back he runs into none other than Suzaku.
    And it's actually a cool new armor with a clearly defined purpose! More of this please! And the victory made sense in that they had more people helping out to focus on the summoned yokai army so that Erza could target the summoner directly AND Wendy boosted everybody before the battle. So they had a lot more going for them this time around.

I'm going to be honest, I'd completely forgotten about Suzaku before catching up today.

But, this is going to be an interesting meeting. As long as Natsu doesn't directly get in Suzaku's way I'm guessing that they can work together.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Default Chapter 80

spoilers:
    So that's how Diabolos gets involved in this arc. Darn, Suzaku was a cute dork for a few pages. I wonder what his DS element is?

Looks like Gray and Lucy will be getting their rematches.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    spoilers:
    So that's how Diabolos gets involved in this arc. Darn, Suzaku was a cute dork for a few pages. I wonder what his DS element is?

Looks like Gray and Lucy will be getting their rematches.
    end of spoilers
    Turns out that Suzaku is a "sword saint dragon slayer", which really streches the idea on what an element is. But it's cool, we another cool swordsman that way. He has some neat cutting all things technique it seems like. It makes Selene get serious and I kinda want her to to Sailor Moon-esque poses for all of her attacks.

Suzaku vs. Selene continues but she seems to getting a much bigger advantage now. Her power is even being felt in Earthland, something Merc. says is indicative of a true Dragon God whereas he had lost a great deal of his power and Aldoron had not fully awakened.

Grudge matches for Lucy and Gray, mostly focusing on Lucy vs. Mimi. Mimi calls Lucy out on just adding her name to attacks, but then ends up deciding it may be a neat trick and starts doing it herself. Lucy hasn't done much damage but seems to be doing much better in round 2 so far.

Good showing for Lucy in her rematch. In particular for durability, she largely shook off being slammed into mountain sides fast enough to leave a crater. Some of her star dresses might give her magical defense.

Mimi almost looked like she was going to outlast Lucy's efforts, but she pulled the 'ol passed out while still standing thing.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that was a straight up brawl type battle, and Lucy gave as good as she got while throwing some sneakiness in there. Also nice to see Aquarius following orders without making a fuss.

Easily one of Lucy's best performances ever. Good on her.

Chapter 84:

I felt a great disturbance in the force. As if millions of Gruvia shippers squee'd in unison.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, this series has been great in doling out instances of Gray affirming his love and affection for Juvia. This chapter probably being the biggest instance.

But man, that whole lotus dream eater sequence was really effective in convey how Gray wanted this kind of happiness and how it pained him to force his way out of it.

Though it is a bit weird that the Gruvia kid Mashima drew for a con got into the dream sequence but Gray's mom was left out.

I've nearly finished the anime. Kind of curious what the fan reaction was to Zeref's "Darth Vader" moment (The identity of E.N.D) at the time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth