Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Extraordinary Member

Mixed chapter indeed.

Gray one-shotting a Natsu-level opponent and freezing his attack was cool but kinda sudden, though Gray does have demon slaying magic after all. I'm not 100% convinced that Tempesta is out yet but he probably is, wouldn't be much of a point to him considering the other foes they have to fight. Huh, wonder what Natsu' big final fight is gonna be then.

Good set up for the final Erza/Kyouka showdown. Hopefully it'll be even and full of armors.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Anime got through the dragon arc.

There was an interesting little twist to it compared to the manga, that makes me wonder if Mashima plans on following up on and told the anime staff to include it.

In the manga, Future Rogue tells Natsu to warn his present self in one year's time, that Frosch will be killed, which gives Natsu one of those slightly alarmed '!' reactions.

In the anime, Future Rogue whispers a specific name, not heard by the audience, saying that this person will kill Frosch. The info kinda shocks Natsu into a bit of a cold sweat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Anime got through the dragon arc.

There was an interesting little twist to it compared to the manga, that makes me wonder if Mashima plans on following up on and told the anime staff to include it.

In the manga, Future Rogue tells Natsu to warn his present self in one year's time, that Frosch will be killed, which gives Natsu one of those slightly alarmed '!' reactions.

In the anime, Future Rogue whispers a specific name, not heard by the audience, saying that this person will kill Frosch. The info kinda shocks Natsu into a bit of a cold sweat.
    That is an odd thing to add for the anime.

It's probably either something Mashima told them to add or it's something they set up in case the show gets pulled before the manga's finished and they have to make up their own ending.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quite a bit of reused footage in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That is an odd thing to add for the anime.

It's probably either something Mashima told them to add or it's something they set up in case the show gets pulled before the manga's finished and they have to make up their own ending.
    Danger, Will Robinson!

Default Chapter 399

Welp, new plan: RUN AWAY

On a side note, nice that we got an explanation for Sayla turning back up.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 09-08-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That.

That is the worst kind of bad there is.

Is there a way to hurry up Face exploding? Cause that might be preferable.

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Bat_Baggie View Post
    Oh wow, how could I miss this thread.
    I'm currently watching the show with FUNImation. They just released part 11of the old show and there's 4 more to go till the first series is done.
    Huge FT fan, own several volumes of Manga, all the blu-ray releases thus far, headphones and figures.

I will obviously avoid this thread for spoilers, but I just wanted to let you know I'm out there :P.
    Heh, been watching the Anime since the first ep on Netflix. Then when I got Hulu got to see the rest; right now on the end of the GMG, beginning of you know what...

Fairy Tail being awesome? Fairy Tail being awesome.

Extraordinary Member

DRAGON BATTLE!

That's an interesting twist. I wonder if it applies to all the dragon slayers with dragon parents?

So, this is kinda the first hint that Natsu may not be E.N.D. after all. I'm rather looking forward to how this all turns out.

Huh, so that's why Natsu couldn't go out of the 'you have to be this old' barrier.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Huh, that was one theory that existed.

What would've happened if Natsu had died for real at some point? I suppose either Igneel dies, or pops out flaming mad.

FT Zero is great. Mavis's (second) winning strategy was something that occurred to me (minus the cute not-blinking part), but I thought the opponent would have a large chance of winning just by guessing "Incorrect". It depends how the lie-detector field works.

Zeira practically confirmed dead/imaginary.

Extraordinary Member

I am kinda loving FT Zero.

The contest didn't end in the way I expected it to. I quite liked it. Mavis is all kinds of fun and I look forward to how she and the others get along. It's nice to have a clever protagonist as a contrast to Natsu.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait until it's confirmed that Zeira just isn't there.

Extraordinary Member

Ice Trail:

The pacing here is really fast. Like, too fast. There's not really enough time to enjoy certain aspects of the story.

Still fun though. I really like the design of the Black Vox prison and I am glad that we're clearly shown how adult mages can kinda stomp all over Gray.

I'm thinking that the weird man talking about ladies is Gildartz who got tossed into Black Vox for accidentally destroying a town.

Ice Trail does have pretty nice designs.

Lol Gildartz

Default Episode 25

Erza's crappy armor sketch looks like Kiryuuin Ragyo.

Extraordinary Member

That was a really good breather episode.

They added a lot of nice little moments that weren't there in the manga, like Ultear meeting up with the announcer for a simple conversation.

The humor was used well and did detract from the somber mood of the rest of the episode.

Doranbolt got to look really cool here.

Very nice episode. I'm looking forward to the Zeref/Mavis kinda meeting and I wonder if we'll get a filler arc before moving on to the Sun village story.