Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

"that's my girl!"

Well, look at that.

Ezra bullshitting her way to victory against an opponent who has clearly proven her superiority.

Again.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

I am largely ok with this actually.

In the pure fighting bit they were pretty evenly matched as far as these things go. It wasn't until Erza got hit with the curse that Kyouka started gaining the upper hand.

The pain, Erza would have to turn in her shounen hero card if couldn't deal with that. And I'll subscribe to the theory that she's using the pain as a replacement for her sense of touch. I was also wondering if her magical eye was counter-acting the curse somewhat.

So overall, not to bad. Could've been better, I personally would've loved to see Erza and Minerva team up against a super-powered Kyouka. But it could've worse.

Then again, the flame pants are on.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

I can think of a few possibilities for next week, in decreasing order of fanbase tooth-gnashing:

a) Erza dodges all of Kyouka's attacks with the Force and cuts her down.

b) Erza severs Kyouka's Face connection with the Nakagami armor, since Face's controls seem to run on magic rather than curse power.

c) Mirajane (who avoided the pain lightning) grabs Kyouka and exerts enough Take Over to stop Face and/or return Erza to normal for an even fight.

d) Gray ices Kyouka at 00:00 and stops Face cold.
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 10-06-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    I can think of a few possibilities for next week, in decreasing order of fanbase tooth-gnashing:

a) Erza dodges all of Kyouka's attacks with the Force and cuts her down.

b) Erza severs Kyouka's Face connection with the Nakagami armor, since Face's controls seem to run on magic rather than curse power.

c) Mirajane (who avoided the pain lightning) grabs Kyouka and exerts enough Take Over to stop Face and/or return Erza to normal for an even fight.

d) Gray ices Kyouka at 00:00 and stops Face cold.
    a) The most likely I believe. I mean, she has the flame pants.

b) This one would actually be my favourite of the suggestions. It work within established parameters of their abilities and Erza doesn't win a fight with the flame pants.

c) Unlikely. He's already pulled quite a bit of stuff with Mirajane's take over by now in this arc.

d) This would be hilarious.

Erza: Did you kill steal from me?

Gray: I did it to Natsu earlier and I'll do again with E.N.D. before this arc is over. Don't get in my way or I'll freeze you ass.

Erza: Somewhere Juvia got jealous without knowing why.

Gray: I have no time for silly quirks and nonsensical romances. I'm a serious badass character on a quest for revenge now.

Erza: Then you should put your underpants back on.

Gray: What?! Oh, damnit! Where did I leave them?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Erza: Then you should put your underpants back on.

Gray: What?! Oh, damnit! Where did I leave them?
    Erza: "No Time!"

*RIP*

Erza: "Here, take my flame pants"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Erza: "No Time!"

*RIP*

Erza: "Here, take my flame pants"
    Gray: Seriously!? Ok. *puts them on and a pillar of devastating magic might erupts from Gray* I have the power! *forms a massive ice golem* Bring it on all of you! Mard Geer, Acnologia and E.N.D., who woke up somehow even though we stopped Face. I will kill steal you all!

*epic beatdown occurs*

Gray: And now to deliver the final blow! With the demon slaying magic from my father and Erza's flame pants...!

Mard: You mean the ones you just took off.

Gray: ...*looks down to see his naked lower body* ...oh no.

Mard: That's not the real problem. *points to Acnologia who is now wearing the flame pants around one of his claws*

Natsu: Huh. Who knew that Gray's stripping would doom the world?

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Gray: Seriously!? Ok. *puts them on and a pillar of devastating magic might erupts from Gray* I have the power! *forms a massive ice golem* Bring it on all of you! Mard Geer, Acnologia and E.N.D., who woke up somehow even though we stopped Face. I will kill steal you all!

*epic beatdown occurs*

Gray: And now to deliver the final blow! With the demon slaying magic from my father and Erza's flame pants...!

Mard: You mean the ones you just took off.

Gray: ...*looks down to see his naked lower body* ...oh no.

Mard: That's not the real problem. *points to Acnologia who is now wearing the flame pants around one of his claws*

Natsu: Huh. Who knew that Gray's stripping would doom the world?
    *cue end credits*

LOVE IT~!

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Jeez Wendy, are those even big enough to be shorts?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

damn you, wendy.

She fills them out well enough.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Default Episode 28

That was a helluvan episode The naked apron was a surprise, though I'm not sure it was worth swapping Erza into flamepants (again) for the rest of the fight.

Erza's angry eyes were drawn wrong in most close-ups. It can't be helped ._.

YES, PAJAMA ERZA ED!

Default Chapter 404

Mashima, you ain't even tryin' no more.

In a way, the lampshade is liberating.

Chapter highlights:
    - That kick (er, make that TWO kicks. Both were awesome.)
    - Minerva stabbing a bitch
    - FISSION MAILED
    Last edited by Reverse Happy; 10-11-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

Oddly enough those shorts look about the same length as what many volleyball players wear now...

Anyway though I've only seen the anime and know that it's not going this way but I've always been a Juvia/Gray, Natsu/Erza fan...as for Lucy...that other book girl that she let read her novel when she wouldn't let anyone else..

Extraordinary Member

This was more lazy standard Erza fair, which isn't a good thing any more. Which is extra disappointing since Lucy, Wendy, Gray and Gajeel all have had darn excellent fights this arc. You'd think Mashima would try to prove he can take some critique and improve on how Erza's fights usually go.

Oh well, good cliffhanger.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Anyway though I've only seen the anime and know that it's not going this way but I've always been a Juvia/Gray, Natsu/Erza fan...as for Lucy...that other book girl that she let read her novel when she wouldn't let anyone else..
    That'd be Levy. She is totally being set up and Gajeel's love interest. Lucy is a bit more nebulous in that area. Personally I'm for Lucy/Loki if she's straight and Lucy/Flare if Mashima goes with the lesbian/bi route.