Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Avengers #41 - Spoilers

- The issue begins in the Ultimates universe 6 months ago. Fury is discussing with Reed on how to re-build SHIELD and prepare it for anything that might want to destroy everything. The issue then moves forward in time to the present where Reed has already discovered the Incursions and it's confirmed that he's already destroyed 67 worlds. His computer however notes that something has happened and there are only a handful of universes left in the multiverse.

- The issue shifts to the Shiar empire who have discovered Celestial events are going on that threaten everything. Gladiator gathers the Galactic Council and informs them that it is Earth they need to destroy.

- The book shifts back to the 1610 universe (the Ultimate universe) and shows Reed travelling to an Incursion point.

- The Cabal notice Namor on the ground and Black Swan says she remembers him flying away. Thanos ask Corvius to find out what happened (they think he ran away) to Namor because they see him bleeding and they know the fall couldn't have caused that as he's suffered much worse without a scar. Namor tells him that he didn't run and that he doesnt answer to them. Thanos asks him to answer to him. Namor says that he saw something in the sky and he tried to fly through the impenetrable shield but could not and that's what injured him (which wasn't what really happened). Namor tells them that its probably the work of BP and Reed and that they intend to kill them. Terrax says he can cut through force field but Thanos realizes that its a well constructed trap. However, another Incursion appears to be happening in another few minutes. The Cabal fly out and Namor is remembering BPs words as he stabbed him and dropped him onto the planet's surface.

- The Cabal manage to escape but the Anti-matter bomb knocks them into the other Incursion planet (they are in a force field). Maximus asks what world they are and if it profits them. The issue ends with Ultimate Reed floating in front of the Cabal.

It's amazing how much I hated this book before Time Runs Out and how much I love it now.

Great issue as always.
    Glad to see Cabal survived.

The Shiar thing seemed a little out of place though.

So.
    Namor lives?
    <crosses his arms>
    ....Right on.

I called Namor surviving. Everyone was freaking out over dead Namor, and here I was going "No body" and "He's on the cover of Secret Wars"

Funny how the Ultimate Universe has dealt with more incursions than 616. We know 616 dealt with a lot less:
    The illuminati dealt with 6. The initial one, the IG one, the galaktus one, the latveria one, the infinity builder one, and the great society one.
    The Cabal dealt with 14 according to them, plus the last one.
    That's 21 at most.

While the UU has dealt with at least 67 incursions.

Dammit, T'challa. You stupid SOB.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I called Namor surviving. Everyone was freaking out over dead Namor, and here I was going "No body" and "He's on the cover of Secret Wars"
    Yep, and I think he's going to have the last laugh against T'Challa (although I hope he doesn't stoop low enough and kill him...). He'll probably be the catalyst for the new world. The oldest character will sacrifice himself to give rise to the "new" world.

BANNED

hmmm... don't know, he'll probably not survive SW finale but surviving up and going to SW was a given.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yeah, in comics, no body, no death.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, in comics, no body, no death.
    And let's be honest, they aren't going to kill the villain of the story so quickly.

Ironic how Black Panther's pride saved Namor.

Honestly, there's no way anybody could have predicted that asspull. Two incursions at once? When has that ever happened.

Either way, that and the Shi'ar are going to bite 616 earth in the ass HARD. And yeah, T'Challa gets blame for that.

And holy crap at Ultimate Reed. 67 destroyed Earths? Good god dude.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Well this isn't going to end well, because now we've got a angry/betrayed Namor working with the Cabal and now Evil Reed Richards(The Maker). Although I doubt that the Cabal would be able to turn the Ultimate Universe against the MU, seeing as how people like Spider-Man and the All-new X-men have already gone to that world and befriended some of the inhabitants.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Honestly, there's no way anybody could have predicted that asspull. Two incursions at once? When has that ever happened.

Either way, that and the Shi'ar are going to bite 616 earth in the ass HARD. And yeah, T'Challa gets blame for that.

And holy crap at Ultimate Reed. 67 destroyed Earths? Good god dude.
    Not that much of an asspull though. With only 22 universes left, it's not that unlikely. They've had back to back incursions before, so overlapping incursions with fewer universes make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well this isn't going to end well, because now we've got a angry/betrayed Namor working with the Cabal and now Evil Reed Richards(The Maker). Although I doubt that the Cabal would be able to turn the Ultimate Universe against the MU, seeing as how people like Spider-Man and the All-new X-men have already gone to that world and befriended some of the inhabitants.
    Well now we know how the SW#3 cover's events came to be: All-New Avengers (610+Miles) vs Ultimate Reed and the Cabal, who just fell into his lap. I've only done some cursory reading of Ultimates to get an idea about Ultimate RR...looks like it's gonna be an interesting matchup.

As for Shi'ar, its not just they who will attack earth- its Annhilus, the Brood, the Kree, and the Skrulls as well (I guess that's what Avengers #42 cover is all about, eh?)
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 02-04-2015 at 08:10 AM.