Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Default Avengers #41 - Spoilers

- The issue begins in the Ultimates universe 6 months ago. Fury is discussing with Reed on how to re-build SHIELD and prepare it for anything that might want to destroy everything. The issue then moves forward in time to the present where Reed has already discovered the Incursions and it's confirmed that he's already destroyed 67 worlds. His computer however notes that something has happened and there are only a handful of universes left in the multiverse.

- The issue shifts to the Shiar empire who have discovered Celestial events are going on that threaten everything. Gladiator gathers the Galactic Council and informs them that it is Earth they need to destroy.

- The book shifts back to the 1610 universe (the Ultimate universe) and shows Reed travelling to an Incursion point.

- The Cabal notice Namor on the ground and Black Swan says she remembers him flying away. Thanos ask Corvius to find out what happened (they think he ran away) to Namor because they see him bleeding and they know the fall couldn't have caused that as he's suffered much worse without a scar. Namor tells him that he didn't run and that he doesnt answer to them. Thanos asks him to answer to him. Namor says that he saw something in the sky and he tried to fly through the impenetrable shield but could not and that's what injured him (which wasn't what really happened). Namor tells them that its probably the work of BP and Reed and that they intend to kill them. Terrax says he can cut through force field but Thanos realizes that its a well constructed trap. However, another Incursion appears to be happening in another few minutes. The Cabal fly out and Namor is remembering BPs words as he stabbed him and dropped him onto the planet's surface.

- The Cabal manage to escape but the Anti-matter bomb knocks them into the other Incursion planet (they are in a force field). Maximus asks what world they are and if it profits them. The issue ends with Ultimate Reed floating in front of the Cabal.

It's amazing how much I hated this book before Time Runs Out and how much I love it now.

Great issue as always.
    Glad to see Cabal survived.

The Shiar thing seemed a little out of place though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's amazing how much I hated this book before Time Runs Out and how much I love it now.

Great issue as always.
    Glad to see Cabal survived.

The Shiar thing seemed a little out of place though.
    Complete opposite for me. I loved the majority of Hickman's run on the Avengers titles (especially Infinity), but haven't liked Time Runs Out at all.

Scratch that. Avengers #41 is the first issue of this storyline I truly enjoyed.

So.
    Namor lives?
    <crosses his arms>
    ....Right on.

I called Namor surviving. Everyone was freaking out over dead Namor, and here I was going "No body" and "He's on the cover of Secret Wars"

Dammit, T'challa. You stupid SOB.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Dammit, T'challa. You stupid SOB.
    I mean, I figured that would get him. Really was a fucking stupid move.

Spectacular Member CyclopsWasRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I called Namor surviving. Everyone was freaking out over dead Namor, and here I was going "No body" and "He's on the cover of Secret Wars"
    Yep, and I think he's going to have the last laugh against T'Challa (although I hope he doesn't stoop low enough and kill him...). He'll probably be the catalyst for the new world. The oldest character will sacrifice himself to give rise to the "new" world.

BANNED

hmmm... don't know, he'll probably not survive SW finale but surviving up and going to SW was a given.

I enjoyed this. Obviously, as a Black Panther fan, it kind of sucks to see a "victory" deflated yet again. Oh well, if we get another brawl it will be with Ribic on deck, but I hope both characters bury the hatchet in the Cabal's back.

Can someone walk me through Ultimate Reed? I have the basic idea that he's an evil/fallen-from-grace version of the character, but I haven't read enough of the Ultimate stuff to really get him. Did he feature heavily in Hickman's Ultimates run?

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I enjoyed this. Obviously, as a Black Panther fan, it kind of sucks to see a "victory" deflated yet again. Oh well, if we get another brawl it will be with Ribic on deck, but I hope both characters bury the hatchet in the Cabal's back.

Can someone walk me through Ultimate Reed? I have the basic idea that he's an evil/fallen-from-grace version of the character, but I haven't read enough of the Ultimate stuff to really get him. Did he feature heavily in Hickman's Ultimates run?
    Definitely. If there's anything you should read about Ultimate Reed Richards, it's Hickman's run.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Haven't read much either but I gather he started being evil when he had Ben 'kill' Doom in Ultimanium, went full bad during a mini called Ultimate Enemy and then was in Hickman's run on Ultimates as the Maker. Then he became kinda good again during Cataclysm.

In Hickman's run of Ultimate Comics Ultimates he was the main antagonist. He was actually a pretty good villain under Hickman but personally I preferred Joshua Hale Fialkov's take on him before the Cataclysm event.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

He destroyed ASGARD and made Thor mortal
    Mark Allen Chi

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Yeah, in comics, no body, no death.