Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Man, Ultimate Reed is an amazing villain!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    Hmmm... "Superior Fantastic Four" could work as a concept...
    It's already been done by Warren Ellis in Planetary...

Extraordinary Member

616 Reed will be the hero. He always plays the hero and realizes the errors of his way. The question comes in Ultimate Reed. He's the one who seems to be aligning himself with Thanos and other beings of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Hickman's Fantastic Four is basically Fantastic Four: The End. There's really nothing more to write. Marvel's tried. They've thrown the likes of JMS and Mark Millar with Bryan Hitch at Fantastic Four before Hickman. It's time for Marvel to do to Reed and Sue's marriage what they did to Peter Parker's and Mary Jane's, and let the next Dan Slott revive the franchise.
    While I can respect your opinion, I'm going to have to disagree with it. Ending marriages isn't the only way to revive a franchise. The whole point of Hickman's run was that the Fantastic Four need each other and will always have each other. That's always been an ongoing theme when he writes Reed Richard. Despite all of his flaws, he always has his family. He's the only Reed in the entire multiverse to choose family over the "greater good". I understand that you personally might find ult Reed more interesting, but the "breaking of the Fantastic Four" has been done to death.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

It is interesting to me that Thanos is shown muttering to Mistress Death. Black Swan has always seemed to me to be in some sort of Sumerian death cult. I wonder if the cover to New Avengers #31 is hinting that Mistress Death might actually be involved.

Meanwhile the Illuminati's requesting the involvement of the Captain Britain Corps appears to have caused some catastrophe that destroyed almost the entire Captain Britain Corps. In this story the natural opponents would be Sidera Maris and Mapmakers. But relative to Captain Britain Corps, their natural opponents would be The Furies and Mad Jim Jaspers. Marvel has had stories with The Fury in it with no further involvement with its creator Alan Moore. If Marvel felt completely secure to the claim over the character The Fury, then something cool might be done such as joining The Furies with Sidera Maris. If Marvel wanted to tell the same story stripping out The Fury, now's the time to replace this character with Hickman's equivalent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    While I can respect your opinion, I'm going to have to disagree with it. Ending marriages isn't the only way to revive a franchise. The whole point of Hickman's run was that the Fantastic Four need each other and will always have each other. That's always been an ongoing theme when he writes Reed Richard. Despite all of his flaws, he always has his family. He's the only Reed in the entire multiverse to choose family over the "greater good". I understand that you personally might find ult Reed more interesting, but the "breaking of the Fantastic Four" has been done to death.
    Honestly, dissolving their marriage wouldn't work. Their marriage has to work, and his family is literally the only thing keeping Reed anywhere near the straight and narrow.

Then again, there's going to be a lot of death, so what would happen if Sue died?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    so what would happen if Sue died?
    Enter Earth X Reed.

Extraordinary Member

So he would go nuts? Because I think that would be fun to watch.

didn't they make Ultimate Reed heroic at the end of Cataclysm?

Although I'm wondering if they will do anything with the fact Miles and u!Reed were using Reed's computer during Cataclysm and then Miles had to go back to the ultimate universe while Ult Reed was left alone with Valeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So he would go nuts? Because I think that would be fun to watch.
    it would but there's already one reed who went nuts ( Ult Reed)..i dont know if i wanna see two
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

If I understand correctly, there is something very interesting and unique in the Multiverse about Ultimate Reed Richards: He's the other Nathaniel Richards in existence other than 616 Reed's father, due to Ultimate Reed's middle name. Especially since Hickman killed off the Nathaniel Richards in some plot involving ironically Immortus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    If I understand correctly, there is something very interesting and unique in the Multiverse about Ultimate Reed Richards: He's the other Nathaniel Richards in existence other than 616 Reed's father, due to Ultimate Reed's middle name. Especially since Hickman killed off the Nathaniel Richards in some plot involving ironically Immortus.
    Please don't let the one be the other's father.

finally this makes sense!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

finally this makes sense!
    It's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    It's beautiful.
    I still have question on the left side of the cover..are they all working with reed? what are they working on?