Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Well now we know how the SW#3 cover's events came to be: All-New Avengers (610+Miles) vs Ultimate Reed and the Cabal, who just fell into his lap. I've only done some cursory reading of Ultimates to get an idea about Ultimate RR...looks like it's gonna be an interesting matchup.

As for Shi'ar, its not just they who will attack earth- its Annhilus, the Brood, the Kree, and the Skrulls as well (I guess that's what Avengers #42 cover is all about, eh?)
    Well at least it explains why Star-Lord is in Secret Wars, and most likely the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Good issue and it's like what the majority thought about how the Cabal would survive along with Namor. Some good plot movement and T'Challa is going to really regret that opportunity he had. Namor will seek his revenge and it won't be pretty.

Nice to see the galactic community finally seeing how everything is dying.

Last but not least....Ultimate Reed is back in fine form along with the City. Him destroying worlds makes sense but I hope we see if he though about alternative solutions to the problem. Him allying with the Cabal, if that's what happens, will make them more formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well this isn't going to end well, because now we've got a angry/betrayed Namor working with the Cabal and now Evil Reed Richards(The Maker). Although I doubt that the Cabal would be able to turn the Ultimate Universe against the MU, seeing as how people like Spider-Man and the All-new X-men have already gone to that world and befriended some of the inhabitants.
    If it's every universe for itself, it may not matter to SOME at least how friendly they are to inhabitants of the 616. Friendship may not mean that much if it's the only thing preventing 2 entire universes (minus 1 earth) from ending.

Though the problem is universes are dying despite earths being destroyed, so something is changing the rules. At this point it's hard to say what the logical thing to do at this point is if blowing up earths doesn't actually do anything.

what a fantastic issue from start to finish. the sea king is alive!!!! and righteously infuriated. big mistake illuminati! BIG MISTAKE.

imperius rex!!!!!!!!

I guess to recite lines from SNL's Ellian Gonzales musical...

"He thought the meaner was the sea, but NOT AS MEAN AS MEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it's every universe for itself, it may not matter to SOME at least how friendly they are to inhabitants of the 616. Friendship may not mean that much if it's the only thing preventing 2 entire universes (minus 1 earth) from ending.

Though the problem is universes are dying despite earths being destroyed, so something is changing the rules. At this point it's hard to say what the logical thing to do at this point is if blowing up earths doesn't actually do anything.
    yeah Black Swan even called the series of incursions the "Game of Worlds." ... Something is going on behind the scenes between the Beyonders/Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal & the Black Swans. Like it's all a chess match; Battleworld was always going to be the end outcome regardless of how 616 heroes or whoever decided to deal with the incursions. And we may not even find out what the true nature of the chess match is until SW#4 (taking inference from Hickman's last interview)

imperius rex forever!!!!!

While I really like this issue, does anyone else feel that they have been really short lately? Last New Avengers issue also felt really short, it seems it's all set up for Secret Wars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    While I really like this issue, does anyone else feel that they have been really short lately? Last New Avengers issue also felt really short, it seems it's all set up for Secret Wars.
    Yeah, this issue was particularly short.

Ultimate Member

Am I the only who thinks Ultimate Reed is awesome?

Yeah, he's a twisted mass murderer but he's a pretty awesome villain

I enjoyed this. Obviously, as a Black Panther fan, it kind of sucks to see a "victory" deflated yet again. Oh well, if we get another brawl it will be with Ribic on deck, but I hope both characters bury the hatchet in the Cabal's back.

Can someone walk me through Ultimate Reed? I have the basic idea that he's an evil/fallen-from-grace version of the character, but I haven't read enough of the Ultimate stuff to really get him. Did he feature heavily in Hickman's Ultimates run?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Am I the only who thinks Ultimate Reed is awesome?

Yeah, he's a twisted mass murderer but he's a pretty awesome villain
    Absolutely awesome. His kill count has even eclipsed the Cabal. That's a crazy good feat.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Talking heads issues (something Hickman isn't exactly a stranger to) often do tend to feel short. The term decompressed gets thrown around a lot. I personally don't mind, though I understand why some aren't a fan of it.

This sort of thing tends to be read better as a whole, rather than issue by issue. In all fairness though I do think we get a few more action packed issues back to back, so I think this issue is somewhat of a breather before things pick up again.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I enjoyed this. Obviously, as a Black Panther fan, it kind of sucks to see a "victory" deflated yet again. Oh well, if we get another brawl it will be with Ribic on deck, but I hope both characters bury the hatchet in the Cabal's back.

Can someone walk me through Ultimate Reed? I have the basic idea that he's an evil/fallen-from-grace version of the character, but I haven't read enough of the Ultimate stuff to really get him. Did he feature heavily in Hickman's Ultimates run?
    Definitely. If there's anything you should read about Ultimate Reed Richards, it's Hickman's run.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Ultimately, and I mean this in a literal sense, Namor has no one to blame, but himself given that it was his actions that caused T'challa to try to kill him in the first place.

Now that he's alive, thanks ironically to an alternate version of Reed Richards, it's going to be interesting to see where this feud takes us now.