Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    For me it feels short because the plot didn't really move and we didn't really learn that much.
    We learned a few important things. Multiple incursion points, Evil Reed has been doing the dirty work for his universe, and the assembled space congress is coming for Earth.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Honestly, there's no way anybody could have predicted that asspull. Two incursions at once? When has that ever happened.

Either way, that and the Shi'ar are going to bite 616 earth in the ass HARD. And yeah, T'Challa gets blame for that.

And holy crap at Ultimate Reed. 67 destroyed Earths? Good god dude.
    I'm actually surprised by the Cabal surviving. I'd have thought they were toast as I didn't see them having much more to do. I am not surprised that what let them survive was Panther's "He needs to know why." Stupid crap like that is why they have the old saying about digging two graves. If you must do it, do it and be done with it.

Ultimate Reed killed 67 damn worlds? Good God. I wasn't surprised to learn he knew of them as Ultimate Reed has always had an eye on multiversal stuff, even more so than our Reed. He also has a perfect weapon to kill planets in his Ultimate Nullifier, though it looks like he has another tool at his disposal. The City and an Ultimate SHIELD are going to be formidable when Secret Wars come, especially as the Cabal is in play too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    We learned a few important things. Multiple incursion points, Evil Reed has been doing the dirty work for his universe, and the assembled space congress is coming for Earth.
    The multiple incursion points feel more like a plot device than relevant information though. Evil Reed and the Alien Empires coming for Earth do advance the plot, but not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it's every universe for itself, it may not matter to SOME at least how friendly they are to inhabitants of the 616. Friendship may not mean that much if it's the only thing preventing 2 entire universes (minus 1 earth) from ending.

Though the problem is universes are dying despite earths being destroyed, so something is changing the rules. At this point it's hard to say what the logical thing to do at this point is if blowing up earths doesn't actually do anything.
    Yeah, the disappearance of the Earthless universes has definitely changed the game.

Will Asgard/Asgardia be represented on Battleworld? I know Asgardia is currently floating in 616 space, but what happens to the rest of the Nine Worlds when the 616 reality apart from the Incursion zones is destroyed?

BANNED

these latest issues of Avengers and NA seem to focus on Reed

makes me believe he will be The central character in Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, the disappearance of the Earthless universes has definitely changed the game.

Will Asgard/Asgardia be represented on Battleworld? I know Asgardia is currently floating in 616 space, but what happens to the rest of the Nine Worlds when the 616 reality apart from the Incursion zones is destroyed?
    I always assumed the other worlds are just pocket dimensions of 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    If all an Earth's incursion zones get saved for Battleworld, does this mean there will be 67 more chunks of Earth-1610 scattered around the map somewhere? Or is it only the last one, the transparent domes over the old ones notwithstanding?

I always assumed the other worlds are just pocket dimensions of 616.
    While it's true that there are alternate versions of them to go along with every What If? alternate universe hinging on something to do with Thor or Asgard (e.g., Thordis), at least recent runs of Thor have had Odin believing that the other realms can survive without Midgard, which sometimes refers to the entire regular universe, not just the planet Earth. We have had confirmation in Remender's work that Asgard/Asgardia can survive the destruction of the planet (although I'd doubted that in the past), but don't really know for sure for the universe as a whole.

Fly by once off posting... I just caught up on issues 38-40, will read this later however I will say, if Hickman can't write a coherent plot over multiple issues, jumping between times, he shouldn't even bother.

Don't know why I'm reading this book at the moment, whatever happened to "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"?

BANNED

does anyone think though that Secret Wars, the central character will be Reed or Ultimate Reed..it just seems like it

The multiple incursion points feel more like a plot device than relevant information though. Evil Reed and the Alien Empires coming for Earth do advance the plot, but not that much.
    It's been said incursions would come faster and faster, and that may be what we see here and what caused the super collapse. Given the right math, a multiple incursion could cause a super collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    these latest issues of Avengers and NA seem to focus on Reed

makes me believe he will be The central character in Secret Wars
    Yeah, I think the Reeds (plural) are going to be pretty important. And really they should be, since Reeds are typically the "go to" guys in marvel for the really really big stuff.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Seems like the Last Days tie in with Loki: Agent of Asgard will be dealing with the fate of the Nine Realms.

While it's true that there are alternate versions of them to go along with every What If? alternate universe hinging on something to do with Thor or Asgard (e.g., Thordis), at least recent runs of Thor have had Odin believing that the other realms can survive without Midgard, which sometimes refers to the entire regular universe, not just the planet Earth. We have had confirmation in Remender's work that Asgard/Asgardia can survive the destruction of the planet (although I'd doubted that in the past), but don't really know for sure for the universe as a whole.
    I suspect they could. We've seen it is possible for things to survive in the space between universes and Asgard's location is fairly squishy in terms of it's relation to the regular Universe. I don't see it as all that unthinkable that Odin could shift it out of this Universe and into the middle spaces.

Perhaps multiple incursion points somehow factor into universes being destroyed even though their earth might have been destroyed. Hickman is clearly changing the rules but there may be a rhyme and reason to it all.