Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think the Reeds (plural) are going to be pretty important. And really they should be, since Reeds are typically the "go to" guys in marvel for the really really big stuff.
    Can anyone fill me in on this one? I had read that Reed had been in contact with a host of alternate Reeds (he even said that he had already built a "Bridge"- I assume that's how he was communicating with the other Reeds). If so, why did he stop? Maybe he didn't, and he's been talking to the Reeds behind closed doors??? Seems collaborating with his alternate selves would have had some benefit dealing with the incursions
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 02-04-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Ha! I called Namor showing up in the next issue. All of that fighting and mourning was for nothing.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    imperius rex forever!!!!!
    Quoted for truth, my friend.

BANNED

"You are the most advanced human in the history of our planet"

does this mean Ultimate Reed is the smartest human in the marvel ultimate universe like Reed 616 is in his?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

does this mean Ultimate Reed is the smartest human in the marvel ultimate universe like Reed 616 is in his?
    Yeah.

Geez dude, do you want to make a Reed Richards appreciation thread? It really seems like it.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yeah.

Geez dude, do you want to make a Reed Richards appreciation thread? It really seems like it.
    nah, i just feel like Secret Wars will focus on The Reeds the most

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Ha! I called Namor showing up in the next issue. All of that fighting and mourning was for nothing.
    i hope Namor gets his revenge and beats T'challa down

You don't get revenge for getting revenged tho.

Ultimate Reed advanced himself a thousand years when he isolated he and his Children inside a dome while he evolved them, and then evolved himself to keep up with them. I think his brain might actually have enlarged considerably.

The real problematic aspect of Ultimate Reed among various writers has been his relationship with Ultimate Sue. After all the incredible things he's discovered and done, several stories have him reduced to a blubbering idiot talking about all he wanted was to marry her. In theory he might completely snap if she ever died.

That's why I have speculated the point of Secret Wars from Marvel's view may be to fix Reed Richards character, and the entire Fantastic Four, by reverting them back to pre-marriage of Reed and Sue and pre-children, also changing the origin to having them make an expedition to the Negative Zone.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 02-04-2015 at 10:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Ultimate Reed advanced himself a thousand years when he isolated he and his Children inside a dome while he evolved them, and then evolved himself to keep up with them. I think his brain might actually have enlarged considerably.
    is he more intelligent than 616 Reed?

holy crap Secret Wars the 2 reed's clashing..hopefully

The whole point of their arc has been "revenge gets you nowhere but further down". So yeah, if you want good things to happen for either character, you'd probably want an end to the conflict.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

is he more intelligent than 616 Reed?

holy crap Secret Wars the 2 reed's clashing..hopefully
    In a previous crossover between the 616 and Ultimates universe, Ultimate Reed broke into the Baxter Building, impersonated 616 Reed Richards, and met Valeria Richards, somehow escaping with a disc containing information about Galactus, and perhaps other information. I have speculated he may have also had some sort of conversation with Valeria, but who knows.

Due to his time in the dome with the Children, Ultimate Reed is far older. But prior to the Incursions, 616 Reed had more Multiverse experience such as with the Time Variance Authority and Council of Reeds. Ultimate Reed has the ability to bud off copies of himself to help him in work.

It's Ultimate Reed's problematic relationship with Ultimate Sue that seems to inevitably drive him cra cra.
    Last edited by jphamlore; 02-04-2015 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    The whole point of their arc has been "revenge gets you nowhere but further down". So yeah, if you want good things to happen for either character, you'd probably want an end to the conflict.
    what do you think Namor will do when he sees The Panther again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    In a previous crossover between the 616 and Ultimates universe, Ultimate Reed broke into the Baxter Building, impersonated 616 Reed Richards, and met Valeria Richards, somehow escaping with a disc containing information about Galactus, and perhaps other information. I have speculated he may have also had some sort of conversation with Valeria, but who knows.
    its just amazing that Ult. Reed is outpacing, outgunning all of the intellectual might of 616 Illuminati in the incursion game

its just amazing that Ult. Reed is outpacing, outgunning all of the intellectual might of 616 Illuminati in the incursion game
    Not entirely. He's had no distractions and no other commitments stopping him from focusing on the problem at all unlike the Illuminati.