Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I disagree with the OP. I think it was pretty straightforward and a simple setup first issue and expecting more is unrealistic. I think the genre is horror in space that doesn't mean im going to turn the page and instantly break into a cold sweat from fear. Friday the 13th movies are horror but i dont jump when Jason shows up. I don't think it is mandatory to understand every little detail to grasp the full concept he is trying to get across. I take it all at face value and try not to get bogged down on the aspects that don't fit in my square holes and round peg mind. I also don't think real criticism is valid until six issues into any series. It certainly has more going for it in the first two issues than Trees did. Did the story cause you to want to read the second issue, for me yes so the first issue did it's job, get me hooked enough to come back for seconds.

Did anyone read #4? The series has gotten even trippier, which I didn't think could even happen. Hats off to the artist for being able to put visuals behind what I can only imagine are jumbled, drug fueled Morrison scripts.
    Any word on how long this series will be? I can see everything being wrapped up in the next 2 issues.
    Also, that last page made it look like the apocalypse is going to be like Garth Ennis's Crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Did anyone read #4? The series has gotten even trippier, which I didn't think could even happen. Hats off to the artist for being able to put visuals behind what I can only imagine are jumbled, drug fueled Morrison scripts.
    Any word on how long this series will be? I can see everything being wrapped up in the next 2 issues.
    Also, that last page made it look like the apocalypse is going to be like Garth Ennis's Crossed.
    Yeah, issue 4 was pretty trippy. I'm loving the series and trying to figure out what is real, a dream, or whatever.

It was solicited as 6 issues, but I think Burnham said on twitter a few months ago that more could come down the road for future Nameless stories.

Last drug fueled work we got from GMo was Invisables. Guys reaching his late 50's, so i doubt his aging body/mind could handle his youthful abuses of chemicals. Plus his lovely wife probably wouldn't stand for such behavior lol. I kid, i'm along for the ride with Nameless. Burnham's art blows my gord every issue. Whoever mentioned smoking pot while reading this is NUTS. Id have a full blow panic attack if i tried reading this after smoking even the weakest sativa.

Like Happy, i think we'll get some form of satisfying conclusion to Nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by AUScowboy View Post
    Whoever mentioned smoking pot while reading this is NUTS. Id have a full blow panic attack if i tried reading this after smoking even the weakest sativa
    haha That was me. I always read Grant Morrison high, I have gotten the impression that he wants his readers to do so. His recent Multiversity was a total mindf*&^. I love when he blurs the lines of the 4th wall, I am halfway convinced all Morrison's comics are actually happening somewhere in reality. He knows all the themes and tricks to blow a stoners mind.

Hopefully he finishes Annihilator soon, it seemed to disappear right when Nameless started coming out.

haha That was me. I always read Grant Morrison high, I have gotten the impression that he wants his readers to do so. His recent Multiversity was a total mindf*&^. I love when he blurs the lines of the 4th wall, I am halfway convinced all Morrison's comics are actually happening somewhere in reality. He knows all the themes and tricks to blow a stoners mind.

Hopefully he finishes Annihilator soon, it seemed to disappear right when Nameless started coming out.
    The last issue of Annihilator will be out June 24. It was supposed to be the 17th, but Diamond's website has it pushed back a week.
    Last edited by jmv5010; 06-12-2015 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Correct release date of Annihilator

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

This book has been pretty great so far. The visuals are really F'd up and it matches Morrison's writing perfectly. Can't wait for the next issue!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Happily I'm not a 11yo kid, so I don't think my life is gonna be wasted after reading the book, but it gets more insane in every issue. Can't imagine what the 6th will be dealing with... And the re-reading will be - don't want to think about it yet, even if I know it's gonna happen... Morrison blew my mind already with Multiversity this year, but not in the same way...

Infertile anti-womb. I think that Morrison wants to tell us something