Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Pretty fantastic in every respect, I thought. Burnham and Fairbairn stole the show, though.

Embrace the confusion...hehe yeah and then when all the pieces click....(they will, won't they?)

At the end of Happy! things clicked. Same with Flex mentallo...

Wonder if Morrison will do a longer OGN one of these days.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I liked this quite a bit. It seemed fairly straightforward, and is setting things up for what could be an epic story.

The only thing that might be a bit hard to understand are the different layers of dream. Near as I can tell, Nameless starts out in a deep dream, then tries to wake up but is held back by the Veiled Lady's men. (Who are really there in his flat.) For a good chunk of the book he's in a level of dream that's close to, but not quite reality. (The personal dream of the cultists, which they seem to share.) He can still walk around in reality, but he only perceives the dream. Then, when they bring him to the Veiled Lady, he wakes her up, and for a few moments she's immobilized by the horrible truth of her reality: namely, that she has a disgusting parasite infecting her body. He tries to escape with the actual key, but is still stuck in the cultist's dream so they recapture him easily. Then, when they take the hood off for the last time, he's fully awake on the boat.

This is going to be great.

This issue in;
    spoilers:
    I'm an expert on the occult. I don't think even I can stop an asteroid using ritual magic.
    end of spoilers
    also contains one of the best bits of dialogue ever

#2 came out today, it was stunningly good. I loved every page, Morrison is on top of his game.

All-New Member

I'm fairly annoyed that pressurised has 3 s' (page 4), iridium 2 r's (page 14).

Oh well, it was still much better than issue 1. And again, I would do the spell check job at image for free...

For me this is like Annihilator, but in reverse. I felt that second issue was noticeably weaker than first one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    For me this is like Annihilator, but in reverse. I felt that second issue was noticeably weaker than first one.
    I thought the opposite. I liked both, but the second was a more enjoyable read.

Haven't read #2 yet. Found #1 pretty tough to follow, but the art is great. Decent premise so we'll see where it goes from here.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    It is definitely a mind bender. If you live in a 4:20 legal state, I think you should partake and give it a re-read.
    I'm still confused as fuck!!! Two issue's in, lol
    #MagnetoWasRight

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I liked #2 as well, especially since it's more science fiction than horror. But with that ending it's clear that we're headed for a dark place.

This is the moment in the horror movie where the protagonists should leave and save themselves, but they have no idea how screwed they are and will keep right on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    I liked #2 as well, especially since it's more science fiction than horror.
    I love the sci-fi/horror balance here. It is like a cosmic horror story that has sci-fi explanations for things. I like to think that if science was as advanced as it is now back when Lovecraft was alive, he would have been fascinated by the ways sci-fi explanations could make his nightmares sound almost possible, and this would've been the kind of story he would've liked.

I'm also liking the horror/sci-fi balance going on. Has an "Event Horizon" feel to it, which is a terrifying movie (to me at least). Definitely dug the second issue more than the first.

I personnaly didn't like it.. TOO many information for one single issue.. I was very confused all the book.. They wanted to set up the story but they where throwing the information like we already knew the universe and the character... I still don't know who the f*ck are those frogs man.. --'
    Youtube.com/MrKevinsComics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Good god the first issue was amazing. Morrison has returned.