View Poll Results: Which Writer Should Write X-men After Secret Wars?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charles Soule

18 11.92%
  • Rick Remender

15 9.93%
  • Si Spurrier

19 12.58%
  • Chris Yost

27 17.88%
  • G. Willow Wilson

19 12.58%
  • Other (Please Identify)

53 35.10%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Kieron Gillen would be my realistic hopes. My dream list is Brian K Vaughn to take over one of the flagship X-titles but I think he's done working for the big two. Greg Rucka could also work because the dude knows characterization

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Kieron Gillen would be my realistic hopes. My dream list is Brian K Vaughn to take over one of the flagship X-titles but I think he's done working for the big two. Greg Rucka could also work because the dude knows characterization
    I second this. All three of these writers would be amazing, but it's not very realistic. Vaughn hasn't done a Marvel comic since he wrote Ultimate X-men and that was nearly a decade ago. He seems more concerned with creator-owned comics like Saga.

Right now, with Chris Yost having dropped out, Greg Rucka is at the top of my list. I think he showed with Cyclops that he gets these characters and he can write a good, dramatic, action-packed story. He might be a long shot. He seems to bounce around a lot at Marvel I don't think he's an exclusive for Marvel. And usually for top titles like this one, Marvel likes to go with exclusives. That's why writers like Greg Pak have only gotten solo books. So for the time being, Rucka is my top choice. But if he announces he's not in contention, I don't know who would be the front runner.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Please not be RR.

He would write the X-Men as he writes Rogue in that Avenger book.

Yeah...

All-New Member

I guess I'd go with Rucka or Duggan.
    And if Bachalo doesn't stay (which would make me sad), I hope we get a great artist... Coipel ? Those first 3 adjectiveless X-men were gorgeous...

Extraordinary Member

I can see Remender ending up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    If Marvel cares at all for the X-Franchise and maybe having them again in the future they won't let RR anywhere near the flagship X-Titles.

I voted Rick Remender, his UXF and UA are titles I really like and I think a writer who can actually deliver on big ideas would be a welcome change for the X-Men. I wouldn't mind seeing a Fialkov getting a shot at the X-verse though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I can see this happening too. And a few years ago, he would've been my top choice. His work on Uncanny X-Force was groundbreaking. But after a few years, he's started to falter. Uncanny Avengers has disappointed in many areas. And AXIS was poorly received, although I personally thought it was okay. He seems to have a problem with the tone of his stories. They're always so dark and dire. That works for a title like Uncanny X-Force. I don't think it fits a book like Uncanny X-men, or most of the other X-books for that matter. I'm okay with him staying on Uncanny Avengers. Since it just got relaunched, I think he's a long shot to take on Uncanny X-men. But if he did, I don't think it would be a good thing. I think someone like Rucka, Carey, or Wilson would do better because they have a broader range.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I voted Rick Remender, his UXF and UA are titles I really like and I think a writer who can actually deliver on big ideas would be a welcome change for the X-Men. I wouldn't mind seeing a Fialkov getting a shot at the X-verse though.
    His UFX run is in the past and his UA titles have only served to bash the X-Men since the start while making out Wanda to be an innocent genocidal angel that Rogue and all X-Men need to bow to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    His UFX run is in the past and his UA titles have only served to bash the X-Men since the start while making out Wanda to be an innocent genocidal angel that Rogue and all X-Men need to bow to.
    You've been trash-talking Remender everytime someone mentioned him...You don't like him, I get it.
    I won't change of opinion though, I want stories with a sense of urgency and meaningfulness for the X-Men, which hasn't been the case for a long time imo.
    I think Remender can deliver just like he did with UXF and UA so I wouldn't mind him having a shot at the X-Men proper.

Get over it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You've been trash-talking Remender everytime someone mentioned him...You don't like him, I get it.
    I won't change of opinion though, I want stories with a sense of urgency and meaningfulness for the X-Men, which hasn't been the case for a long time imo.
    I think Remender can deliver just like he did with UXF and UA so I wouldn't mind him having a shot at the X-Men proper.

Get over it.
    You're ignoring how he's been handling the X-Men in his Avenger book (And how many X-Fans hate what he's done to Rogue) - it hasn't been good and his last event, AXIS, wasn't so hot either.

Sense of urgency? So you didn't read his latest story where he hit the reset button with time travel, thus making everything redundant, or how AXIS was brushed under the rug like it didn't happen?

RR cannot be trusted with the flagship X-Books as he is now especially with how unpopular he is with the X-Side. Which, of course, was his own doing and how he failed to reach expectations for a "Unity" team. Even the other X-Writers mocked his Havok speech. And no, UXF and UA aren't flagship books.

Open your eyes.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-05-2015 at 08:15 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Remender seems to have a problem with the tone of his stories. They're always so dark and dire. That works for a title like Uncanny X-Force. I don't think it fits a book like Uncanny X-men, or most of the other X-books for that matter.
    Indeed, not every book needs to be dark. This gives me an idea for a spin-off book :
    "Amusing X-Men" by Skottie Young

My criteria for the next writer would be a guy with an A-list reputation who can write a team book, preferably at least twice a month.

And I can't really think of anyone who fits the bill. Hickman seems to want to do creator-owned stuff. Slott's still got Spider-Man, and he's not very prolific. I haven't really seen Soule excel at arc-based team books.

The biggest problem with the X-books seems to be balancing multiple titles. Bendis's two books meant that the other titles didn't get as much attention, so it's possible that Marvel will replace him with two writers on different series. But it could still end up being a situation where one title gets a lot more attention, as when Morrison was on New X-Men or Whedon/ Cassady were on Astonishing X-Men.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    You're ignoring how he's been handling the X-Men in his Avenger book (And how many X-Fans hate what he's done to Rogue) - it hasn't been good and his last event, AXIS, wasn't so hot either.

Sense of urgency? So you didn't read his latest story where he hit the reset button with time travel, thus making everything redundant, or how AXIS was brushed under the rug like it didn't happen?

RR cannot be trusted with the flagship X-Books as he is now especially with how unpopular he is with the X-Side. Which, of course, was his own doing and how he failed to reach expectations for a "Unity" team, even the other X-Writers mocked his Havok speech. And no, UXF and UA aren't flagship books.

Open your eyes.
    I'm fine with my own opinion, thanks but no thanks.

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My criteria for the next writer would be a guy with an A-list reputation who can write a team book, preferably at least twice a month.

And I can't really think of anyone who fits the bill. Hickman seems to want to do creator-owned stuff. Slott's still got Spider-Man, and he's not very prolific. I haven't really seen Soule excel at arc-based team books.

The biggest problem with the X-books seems to be balancing multiple titles. Bendis's two books meant that the other titles didn't get as much attention, so it's possible that Marvel will replace him with two writers on different series. But it could still end up being a situation where one title gets a lot more attention, as when Morrison was on New X-Men or Whedon/ Cassady were on Astonishing X-Men.
    That would be for the best, at least until things are established after Secret Wars. May be too much for one person to take the reigns like that.

Though I wouldn't mind 1 flagship book only.