Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This makes me extremely sad. Spidey 2099 was pretty much the only Marvel comic I was still paying attention to, and it going away means that it's pretty much going to be just Dark Horse and the occasional Image title for me through Spring and Summer. I'll give this new title a shot, don't get me wrong, but still...

im going to be cutting back on Marvel books...they just dont seem that interesting anymore...they are doing their best to lose readership.

Amazing Member

What is becoming increasingly frustrating with Marvel/DC is the amount of times book are interrupted or deviated for crossover events etc.
    None of these books have any room to breathe and establish an identity, I mean we are only at #8 of 2099.
    ASM vol 3 was filler right up to Spider-Verse, after THAT event there’ll be a filler leading to Secret Wars. ( i am not talking about the Conway series)
    We do not have time to get to know these characters!
    I am NOT saying this new 2099 title will be bad of course, am I interested? No, so I will drop it. If it comes back then I will go back and take a gander.
    I worked hard with my LCS to get new titles in my pull list. Comics from Dark Horse and Image, at least these titles have a chance to grow!

I think its time they re-branded this universe and just call it Future Marvel, that way the stories can go beyond the year 2099, which is just 84 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK78 View Post
    What is becoming increasingly frustrating with Marvel/DC is the amount of times book are interrupted or deviated for crossover events etc.
    None of these books have any room to breathe and establish an identity, I mean we are only at #8 of 2099.
    ASM vol 3 was filler right up to Spider-Verse, after THAT event there’ll be a filler leading to Secret Wars. ( i am not talking about the Conway series)
    We do not have time to get to know these characters!
    I am NOT saying this new 2099 title will be bad of course, am I interested? No, so I will drop it. If it comes back then I will go back and take a gander.
    I worked hard with my LCS to get new titles in my pull list. Comics from Dark Horse and Image, at least these titles have a chance to grow!
    do number 1s still bring a sales spike?

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    do number 1s still bring a sales spike?
    yep. as does adding a title to an event

Or they could relaunch every couple of years....Marvel 2099....marvel 2100....marvel 2101, etc....Then the new #1s might....might....be justified....

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    Or they could relaunch every couple of years....Marvel 2099....marvel 2100....marvel 2101, etc....Then the new #1s might....might....be justified....
    That was actually the original plan for the line back in the 90's, but then the line was more-or-less cancelled before they got around to it. I don't remember all the details, but I think it was supposed to come back in 2101 with Miguel as CEO of Alchemax and something big happening that forces him to go out as Spider-Man for the first time in over a year. It sounded like an interesting storyline, though it's all been superseded by stuff that's happened in the meantime. Still, the idea of a time jump is perfectly consistent with the original idea behind the 2099 line.

All that said, I have a pretty strong suspicion that a lot of these alternate universe/timeline characters will be stuck in whatever is left of the mainstream Marvel universe (the successor to the 616) after Secret Wars. Maybe I'm wrong, and everyone will go back home to their original timeline/universe, but I'm not counting on it.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    And all is right with the world .

Though I'm a little apprehensive of a new look for Miguel...

Seen the cover. I really like the new look. All 45 or so covers so far leaked on 4chan.

All New Marvel part 4

Google it.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

Suits colors kinda look like Silk's

If it's set in 2099 finally I'll give it a shot again, otherwise no thanks. Those 12 issues before secret wars were a whole lot of nothing.

The cover sgows a futuristic city and Alchemax so heres hoping. Wonder if hes up against the Maestro again.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    The cover sgows a futuristic city and Alchemax so heres hoping. Wonder if hes up against the Maestro again.
    Well can't really trust covers. After all both the covers of issue 1 and 11 of the previous volume had 2099 in the background but he was in the present for that. Personally I wouldn't mind him spending some more time in the past considering the loose ends left to be tied up before Secret Wars between Maestro, Serval Industries from All-New X-Factor, Miguel's mission in the past and even the note of Tempast knowing he's Spider-Man.