Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What direction do you see that X-Men possibly going now?

What would you like to see, or what do you think is coming for the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    What would you like to see, or what do you think is coming for the X-Men?
    Either schism gone or replace them all with x men 92

The Schism is tired. I don't want the X-Men to all be on the same teams or have the same base of operations but they should at least be relatively cordial towards each others. I'm tired of seeing everyone act like they're in middle school.

Also I want to see the X-Men branch out: don't have everyone stuck in a damn school. Give us XSE and mutant diplomats, X-Corp, X-Factor, ect... Each book should have a distinct mission statement and its own artistic tone and direction.

Yip, Schism needs to go!

Get back to the X-Men being the world largest, dysfunctional family where everyone bickers, but at the end of the day they'll risk their lives to save the world and each other.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    The Schism is tired. I don't want the X-Men to all be on the same teams or have the same base of operations but they should at least be relatively cordial towards each others. I'm tired of seeing everyone act like they're in middle school.

Also I want to see the X-Men branch out: don't have everyone stuck in a damn school. Give us XSE and mutant diplomats, X-Corp, X-Factor, ect... Each book should have a distinct mission statement and its own artistic tone and direction.
    All of this is what I was gonna say.

No Schism, multiple books with separate casts, no carryover members like they have now. Multiple x-men squads plus non xmen squads like xfactor xforce. My favorite time with different titles was 80's and 90's when they, had 6 different teams ala

Uncanny
    Xmen
    Xfactor
    Xforce
    Excalibur
    Generation x
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    All of this is what I was gonna say.

No Schism, multiple books with separate casts, no carryover members like they have now. Multiple x-men squads plus non xmen squads like xfactor xforce. My favorite time with different titles was 80's and 90's when they, had 6 different teams ala

Uncanny
    Xmen
    Xfactor
    Xforce
    Excalibur
    Generation x
    Totally this! It's time Marvel decides which mutants they want to push and stick to those guys for some time.

Fantastic Member

If a reboot is in the cards I could see the X-Men membership being trimmed down greatly in a "back to basics" approach, though one that would inevitably be shortlived. And maybe do similarly to the X-Men animated adaptations where many characters who were X-Men in the comics are guest stars or fulfill different roles. Further, having a reputable Brotherhood of Mutants (and more well-made X-Men rogues in general) might be nice to see.

BANNED

This completely.

I propose:

-Astonishing X-Men: The main team, the public face. Includes both old, and new faces.
    - X-Legacy: Charles, Mags, Nightcrawler, Kitty, Armor, and a few others travel, and teach the world about mutants; becoming true ambassadors.
    - X-Force: Cyclops, Emma, Mystique, and a few others on a convert team that basically does what Kyle and Yost's X-Force did.
    - X-Factor: Peter David is back. Angel is on the team as the financier as well.
    - New X-Academy: A book that's 95% about the kids.
    - New Mutants?: Some of the NXM, and other older young mutants, that have graduated, but have decided to distance themselves from the X-Men; they're trying to find their path in life.

Notes: I'd love for Mark Millar to do X-Force, or at least the first arc. I'd want Jake Wyatt to do New X-Academy.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 02-04-2015 at 02:57 PM.

This.

It's time to re-take the second step or whatever step it is. Like Cable said, "Mutantkind needs its piece of the pie."

Diplomats, scientists, entertainers, corporations, stuff like the Legion/M13 crossover. Not full integration bt just seeming them out there and stuff.

They should end schism. Have two x-teams. One led by Cyclops and the other lead by Rachael. Have a x-force book led by Cable and a xfactor book. Give certain characters solos like wolverine, magneto, storm and Emma frost because team books kinda hold the characters back. The ones that have solos occasionally appear in the main x-titles but not as regular or recurring characters. Have them be guests in x-books. Finally a X-academy or x-school focused on students with nightcrawler as headmaster. Also a gen x book

BANNED

I wouldn't mind a Hellions book, with Emma being the lead with the Cuckoos, Magik, Hellion, Mercury, Surge, Elixir, and Eva doing their own thing.

For some reason, I don't see Emma carrying a solo.

Yes. Return to the Morrison/Casey/Claremont breakdown of teams. Give each book a defined mission statement. And defined rosters with minimal overlap. Rely on storytelling and art to sell the titles, not Wolverine or Storm being in ALLOFTHEM
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Emma, Pixie, Sage, and Monet to appear regularly in whichever X-Title they are placed in. More superhero base stories
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

BANNED

I'd say it's about time Wolverine got a break from the mutant cause, and just give him a solo, while he's also part of the Unity team. I'm tired of being an X-Men leader; so give him room to breathe before bring him back. He can show up every once in awhile, but still.

Also, this way, he's only in two books, mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    I'd say it's about time Wolverine got a break from the mutant cause, and just give him a solo, while he's also part of the Unity team. I'm tired of being an X-Men leader; so give him room to breathe before bring him back. He can show up every once in awhile, but still.

Also, this way, he's only in two books, mainly.
    Death notwithstanding of course
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013