Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If you want the brotherhood have the brotherhood. I don't want the Schism anymore. It's run its course.

Teen jean appears on Secret wars #1 cover so maybe she's on it. I hope it's just a mistake I want the so called trial of beast to resolve that and get rid of them send them home by 600
    So much truth...except if Jeen is somehow responsible for this soft "reboot"...AHHHH!

Spectacular Member Jesse_Custer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If you want the brotherhood have the brotherhood. I don't want the Schism anymore. It's run its course.

Teen jean appears on Secret wars #1 cover so maybe she's on it. I hope it's just a mistake I want the so called trial of beast to resolve that and get rid of them send them home by 600
    Nah, I don't want the brotherhood. I'm cool with Cyclops running his version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    End the Schism, unified school, characters not being slapped upon multiple teams all over the place, and teams with clear goals that all contribute to the narrative.

Occasional story crossovers would be great.

It doesn't help that Storm isn't a solo character, none of the team books she's in gave way for a solo career (Like Bendis did with Magneto via Uncanny), and she's still on Amazing, X-Men, and the such so.. Why buy her solo if she, a proven Team character, is in multiple team books?

Bendis did Magneto perfectly, he took him off the Uncanny team when the Solo Launched so if you wanted to read about Magneto you literally needed to read Magneto's solo.
    This I always thought in terms of powerset and ideals characters like magneto and storm would be better as solo characters that guest starred in x-men books. Since I feel like storm really doesn't want to run the school she should give it to nightcrawler. Then she should let Rachael be the gold sides leader. It gives Rachael a chance to lead the gold team into glory which I can easily see her doing and it gives storm a chance to explore herself outside of x-men. Which I think storm really needs. Same with Emma. Emma is popular and interesting enough to hold a solo and it could be her trying to fix her powers while running her company. Also if there is an illuminati after secret wars Storm,Cyclops, and Emma should be in it. Or at least Emma.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    Yes. Return to the Morrison/Casey/Claremont breakdown of teams. Give each book a defined mission statement. And defined rosters with minimal overlap. Rely on storytelling and art to sell the titles, not Wolverine or Storm being in ALLOFTHEM
    This is pretty much what I'd like. But to heck with cordiality in some situations.

However, I don't see them going this way.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I'd like to see the original 5 together again regardless of which versions. When they were the original X-factor team, they seemed much more like a family than any other incarnation. I like the concept of the "All new X-men" (Wolverine, Night Crawler, Storm, Colossus.) being their own team as they were a long running group as well. It would make sense to see those two groups of X-men to kind of stick together. Would also like to see Havoc and Polaris again.

I see no change. just the rudderless, unplanned mess it is now.
    And that sucks :'(
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    I see no change. just the rudderless, unplanned mess it is now.
    And that sucks :'(
    Oh there's a plan - I just don't know if we're all going to like what that is.

BANNED

No more schism.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Oh there's a plan - I just don't know if we're all going to like what that is.
    No truer words have been spoken.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_Custer View Post
    Gotta keep the schism going. I believe the X-universe is better with a brotherhood aspect to it. You can't have the "bortherhood of evil mutants" It comes off cheesy. I like the paradigm of the schism. Every big ideal has that... Protestants-Catholics, Marxisim has Stalinism-Maoisim, Shia-Sunni, etc.
    I would prefer another MLF give the world actual mutant terrorist to confuse with the Xteams.

image.jpg

I'll be very specific:

End of Schism!
    Smaller cast of 13 characters!
    No school full of students!
    Having the X-men back together at the X-Mansion, divided in two teams, overseen by Professor X!
    So, basically, I'd like the 90s set up back, but the two teams would be a bit different, recalling the roster of the begining of the 2000s.
    I'm going with my favorite characters: the fox cartoon cast, plus Kitty, Kurt, Pete ( who, to me, are pretty much essential to what an x-book should feel like), and Sage, whom I find fascinating!
    Cyclops' team: Jean, Beast, Wolverine, Colossus and Kitty (this team echoes both Morrison's and Whedon's runs)!
    Storm's team: Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Sage and Jubilee ( reminding the X-Treme X-Men and the X.S.E. Era)!
    Kinda like the picture above!

Well, my reply was more in the lines of "what do you wish the X-books would be like after Secret Wars, in your wildest dreams?".

But answering the question more objectively, I think the direction should be trimming down the roster and going back that simpler 80s, 90s set up, before schism, M- Day, utopia, Messiah Complex, etc messed everything up!

I'd basically like that TAS feeling back, that's why I'm so curious about "X-Men 92"!

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Well, my reply was more in the lines of "what do you wish the X-books would be like after Secret Wars, in your wildest dreams?".

But answering the question more objectively, I think the direction should be trimming down the roster and going back that simpler 80s, 90s set up, before schism, M- Day, utopia, Messiah Complex, etc messed everything up!

I'd basically like that TAS feeling back, that's why I'm so curious about "X-Men 92"!
    You get brownie points for illustrating with a picture (Gambit next to Jubilee, I approve) and for the X-Men '92 love.

The SW X-Men 92 will have a battle with AOA X-Men that HOM will end all X-Men

The point of battle world X-Men 92 is to pacify fans during the summer so in September when the X-Men are gone it will be too late

And this is not Marvel destroying a spelling franchise that would hurt them possibly it's Disney not caring about anything that doesn't make them movie money and spitting Fox
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 02-05-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    The SW X-Men 92 will have a battle with AOA X-Men that HOM will end all X-Men

The point of battle world X-Men 92 is to pacify fans during the summer so in September when the X-Men are gone it will be too late

And this is not Marvel destroying a spelling franchise that would hurt them possibly it's Disney not caring about anything that doesn't make them movie money and spitting Fox
    Hey, no raining on my nostalgia parade. I'm living the dream right now.