Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'd say the story is a bit better than BBS (the explaination of the true purpose of organization 13 and the mark of master exam for sora and riku) but i didn't care for the whole "pokemon" partner system. not to mention you dont really beat up a lot of disney villains but just random bosses.
    I'm of the opinion that most of the Disney stuff in Kingdom Hearts outside of King Mickey, Yen Sid, Maleficent and Beast generally seems a bit forced and abbreviated in most KH games, but they really nailed it in BBS, for the most part.

Disney Town was just meh to me, outside of the surprisingly addictive Rumble Racing, and Never Land felt kinda unnecessary, outside of the fight against Vanitas, but playing through the worlds of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hercules, and Stitch from three different viewpoints helped to form a much deeper and more cohesive story than I'd have expected from at least the older Disney movies. It even made me respect Cinderella's whole "A dream is wish your heart makes" schtick by couching it in terms of her being willing to believe in her dreams even when hard work results in failure. And not only was Maleficent super awesome, but the fate of Cinderella's step-family was cathartic as well.

How was the rest of 3D's battle system? I heard it was an expansion on BBS', but that Flowmotion was kinda broken and the Drop System was kinda annoying.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm of the opinion that most of the Disney stuff in Kingdom Hearts outside of King Mickey, Yen Sid, Maleficent and Beast generally seems a bit forced and abbreviated in most KH games, but they really nailed it in BBS, for the most part.

Disney Town was just meh to me, outside of the surprisingly addictive Rumble Racing, and Never Land felt kinda unnecessary, outside of the fight against Vanitas, but playing through the worlds of Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hercules, and Stitch from three different viewpoints helped to form a much deeper and more cohesive story than I'd have expected from at least the older Disney movies. It even made me respect Cinderella's whole "A dream is wish your heart makes" schtick by couching it in terms of her being willing to believe in her dreams even when hard work results in failure. And not only was Maleficent super awesome, but the fate of Cinderella's step-family was cathartic as well.

How was the rest of 3D's battle system? I heard it was an expansion on BBS', but that Flowmotion was kinda broken and the Drop System was kinda annoying.
    the flowmotion is decent for getting around front point A to B but it's iffy in combat. the drop system could piss you off. basically, you kinda played as both riku and sora at the same time. if the drop meter reaches zeros then who ever you are playing as will just fall asleep and then jump over to the other character. this can piss you off if it happens in a boss battle, which happened to me a lot.

the whole KH pokemon thing was............weird for me. you had to level up your nightmare by playing with it, as in using your touch screen to pet your monsters, feed them special food, interact with IR cards, and giving them toys. i personally wasn't a fan of it and really made me miss donald and goofy.