Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you name good stories featuring Peter Parker and MJ's marriage?

As a comic fan, I am very pro-married Peter Parker, though for the moment I am hardpressed to recall stories whereas their marriage was featured in a great way. Ever since OMD we've been shouting we want it overturned (despite his post, I still want it overturned too).

But I wonder - what were good stories written where their marriage was intact?

Stories to come to mind are Harry Osborn's Spectacular Spider-Man - the trio created real tension, Erik Larsen's run on Spider-Man had a good subplot. I cannot think of that many. Do you have others you can add?
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

BANNED

Fraction's Annual.

^This.

Also, Tom Beland's Web of Romance #1

JMS's Doomed Affairs storyline

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's Sensational Spider-Man (vol. 2) #32

À better question is to list the geat MOMENTS / scenes featuring the marriage.

PS. I'm back, lol. I know it's pathetic. I only lasted 5 days with my quitting the forums. No self control. I blame this thread for breaking me.

Gotta face it. Even though I'm still heartbroken over the removal of an aspect of the books I cared for immensly, I still like talking Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-05-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Great stories and great moments are different things.

Kraven's Last Hunt, The Return of the Sin-Eater, and the first two appearances of Venom were prety good, stories set early in the marriage as MJ started to realize what she was in for.

I also have a soft spot for Torment, Todd Mcfarlane's Lizard five-parter, where a bored MJ goes for a night on the town without Peter, while he has one of the worst nights of his life.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Spider-Man: Blue. Dealt with Peter remembering Gwen and MJ supporting him as his wife.

Conway's run on Spectacular was pretty good. The moment when MJ comes back in the JMS run has the best run of marriage stories in general.

Incomplete list limited by my familiarity and ability to recall certain eras but going off the top of my head I have some stories that stand out that I really liked which featured the marriage or the marriage was heavily involved in my enjoyment of the stories:

Kraven's Last Hunt
    Return of the Sin Eater
    Moving Up (web #38)
    ASM 300
    Spect. Tombstone arc
    Todd McFarlane stuff
    - California Schemin, Jonathan Ceasar kidnap (I loved this cuz MJ escapses on her own and saves Spidey instead of the other way around), etc...
    Erik Larsen stuff
    - Black Cat jealousy stuff
    Spectacular JM Dematteis
    - Child Within
    -Death of Harry
    Clone saga
    - Web of Death
    - ASM 400
    - Mark of Kaine
    - Blood Brothers
    - Revelations
    Identity Crises
    Spect. 249-251
    JMS Stuff
    - ASM v2 #39 (silent issue)
    - Until the Stars Turn Cold
    - Doomed Affairs
    - ASM #500
    - Vibes
    Last edited by Vortex85; 02-05-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Nope. There were many good stories despite the marriage, but I can't really think of any that featured the marriage...but there might have been a couple
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Incomplete list limited by my familiarity and ability to recall certain eras but going off the top of my head I have some stories that stand out that I really liked which featured the marriage or the marriage was heavily involved in my enjoyment of the stories:

Kraven's Last Hunt
    Return of the Sin Eater
    Moving Up (web #38)
    ASM 300
    Spect. Tombstone arc
    Todd McFarlane stuff
    - California Schemin, Jonathan Ceasar kidnap (I loved this cuz MJ escapses on her own and saves Spidey instead of the other way around), etc...
    Erik Larsen stuff
    Spectacular JM Dematteis
    - Child Within
    -Death of Harry
    Clone saga
    - Web of Death
    - ASM 400
    - Mark of Kaine
    - Blood Brothers
    - Revelations
    Identity Crises
    Spect. 249-251
    JMS Stuff
    - Doomed Affairs
    - ASM #500
    - Vibes
    Nailed it there, I'd say.

I would throw in the Wedding issue, Charles Vess' Spirits of the Earth OGN, Peter David's "Cult of Love" arc, and the era before the Gathering of Five / Final Chapter, where Peter and MJ were mourning the loss of Baby May and Mary Jane was going back to college.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Nailed it there, I'd say.

I would throw in the Wedding issue, Charles Vess' Spirits of the Earth OGN, Peter David's "Cult of Love" arc, and the era before the Gathering of Five / Final Chapter, where Peter and MJ were mourning the loss of Baby May and Mary Jane was going back to college.
    Yeah, i forgot some obvious ones including Rebirth which was really good after they lost the baby.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    As a comic fan, I am very pro-married Peter Parker, though for the moment I am hardpressed to recall stories whereas their marriage was featured in a great way. Ever since OMD we've been shouting we want it overturned (despite his post, I still want it overturned too).

But I wonder - what were good stories written where their marriage was intact?

Stories to come to mind are Harry Osborn's Spectacular Spider-Man - the trio created real tension, Erik Larsen's run on Spider-Man had a good subplot. I cannot think of that many. Do you have others you can add?
    Pretty much anything from ultimate spiderman peter parker era is great. 616 peter i gave up on after bs like sins past, OMD, spider ock and all the retcons but i enjoyed stories such as kravens last hunt, clone saga, anything where he dealt with harry as the goblin including his death.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

DeMatteis, DeFalco, Straczynski, Jenkins and Larsen definitely handled it best. I miss Peter and MJ being married so much ...
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

À better question is to list the geat MOMENTS / scenes featuring the marriage.

PS. I'm back, lol. I know it's pathetic. I only lasted 5 days with my quitting the forums. No self control. I blame this thread for breaking me.

Gotta face it. Even though I'm still heartbroken over the removal of an aspect of the books I cared for immensly, I still like talking Spider-Man.
    Seriously glad you are back. You're a cool member here.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

Kraven's Last Hunt
    Return of the Sin Eater
    Moving Up (web #38)
    ASM 300
    Spect. Tombstone arc
    Todd McFarlane stuff
    Erik Larsen stuff
    Spectacular JM Dematteis
    - Child Within
    -Death of Harry
    Clone saga
    - Web of Death
    - ASM 400
    - Mark of Kaine
    - Blood Brothers
    - Revelations
    Identity Crises
    Spect. 249-251
    JMS Stuff
    - Doomed Affairs
    - ASM #500
    - Vibes
    Have you been keeping that list in your wallet? (tongue in cheek) I absolutely dig your list!