Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is sort of like a trainwreck where you can't take your eyes off it because you want to see how horrible it can get lol. QQ is always a strange one for me i mean through all the X fans i speak to as personal friends or online i can't find anyone who seems to actually like him or think he's a particularly good character. Most just seem to find him different levels of annoying. But then Marvel seem to LOVE him like seriously shove him in your face as much as they can. His whole gimmick is like some throwback to the 90's similar to how Jubilee was in Generation X just "Hey this character is down with the kids!" with all the bad puns and trying to be hip.

Why do they always seem to forget one Cuckoo is a Redhead? I mean we don't ask for much but is it that hard to get THAT piece of consistency right? I really like what they did with them on that with them all wanting to be more individual instead of being seen as one person and it kinda sucks that it's just been treated as whatever by most artists. I guess at least they managed to rememeber the most dramatic of the changes in Emo Cuckoo.

Well I guess that makes me no one, because I actually like Quentin, especially because he acts like he's a jerk. And that's the key word right there, Acts. Don't get me wrong I've read enough stuff to know he's been evil in the past but I feel during Aaron's run of WATX he's had a chance to grow as a character to be an actual good person deep down even though he acts like he doesn't care about anyone. I feel that is actually best shown in the Hellfire Saga arc. This is all just my opinion though, so feel free to disagree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I'm still not quite sold on this...
    But Storm is on page 1. Hahahaha. Joke!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    But Storm is on page 1. Hahahaha. Joke!
    LOLOLOLOLOL...that is not Storm...her eyes are the wrong colour. Silva has gotten that wrong throughout. And Storm's boots are high-heeled wedges...not flats. I refuse to take this book seriously if the creators themselves do not.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I guess that makes me no one, because I actually like Quentin, especially because he acts like he's a jerk. And that's the key word right there, Acts. Don't get me wrong I've read enough stuff to know he's been evil in the past but I feel during Aaron's run of WATX he's had a chance to grow as a character to be an actual good person deep down even though he acts like he doesn't care about anyone. I feel that is actually best shown in the Hellfire Saga arc. This is all just my opinion though, so feel free to disagree.
    Mm. But how many times has the X-narrative been subject to purportedly different variations on this good girl/boy gone bad character arc? It's boring and nothing more than blatant ad nauseam. Doesn't help that the title's failed to establish any intriguing/potential sub-plots independent of the very average main story.

Well to be honest, I'm comics a lot of things are reused and repeated to the point where it's annoying especially involving the X-men, with things such as the Phoenix, Xavier with a dark secret, time travel, and etc. So, I don't mind it if it uses the same formula again. And besides I actually really enjoyed WATX but I recognize not everyone else likes it. So I just say in my opinion I liked it.

Besides I generally liked some of the stories and subplots, I enjoyed Broo being turned into a monster, all the stuff with the hellfire club, Toad and Husk, and Logan's time traveling brother Dog. I thought those were enjoyable.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-18-2014 at 07:55 AM.

This is a side note, I just realized that Quentin's dream/illusion is the same as Wolverine's, kill Cyclops and then make out with Jean Grey. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well to be honest, I'm comics a lot of things are reused and repeated to the point where it's annoying especially involving the X-men, with things such as the Phoenix, Xavier with a dark secret, time travel, and etc. So, I don't mind it if it uses the same formula again. And besides I actually really enjoyed WATX but I recognize not everyone else likes it. So I just say in my opinion I liked it.

Besides I generally liked some of the stories and subplots, I enjoyed Broo being turned into a monster, all the stuff with the hellfire club, Toad and Husk, and Logan's time traveling brother Dog. I thought those were enjoyable.
    True--i just wish more new writers other than Spurrier would actually do something new.

BANNED

This title seems the least relevent of the line currently. They have already started to do future version storylines to show the importance of the characters they focus on. Problem is, Wolverine "dies" yet he is in the future stories. The title is named after Wolverine, if he dies for a duration it mat be a good time to give a hallelu to the title, there are a few too many X titles as is.
    My opinion, keep these:
    ANXM not going anywhere until it runs its course as it is #1 in sales
    Uncanny-#2 in sales and focuses on the true X-men vibe (imo)
    X-factor unique voice, non-crossing cast
    X-force...pew pew pew, a shooter book is needed and it is brilliantly written
    X-men once the "keep a creative team" poison is purged, I would hate to see the women shelved
    Magneto

The solos need to go to, let them run their course.
    Cyclops is good but it obviously has an ending
    Nightcrawler gets upgraded on first issue sales to an "ongoing" for 12 issues...maybe, yet solicited from the go as an ongojng...nice job covering your gameplay Marvel lol.
    Storm...see Nightcrawler.
    I don't want any title to fail, but too many titles dwindles the line especially when the title does not add a distinct voice to the choir.

Bring back unlimited/legacy for character focused runs.
    IMO.
    Last edited by Daymare; 05-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post

Bring back unlimited/legacy for character focused runs.
    IMO.
    Pleeeeeaaaasse.