All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Default A Community Review thread?

I've recently had an interesting idea for a new thread for the CBR CE forum. Recently, when I was asking about Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts, someone posted a link to a review he made on this forum. So I thought that maybe we should make a community review thread, where we review the CE's that we've been reading. Would anyone be up for such a thread?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I used to do a feature where I would post a review every week (Thunderbolts was one of those) but I've neglected that feature the last 2 months. I might start it up again if I can find the time..
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I used to do a feature where I would post a review every week (Thunderbolts was one of those) but I've neglected that feature the last 2 months. I might start it up again if I can find the time..
    Stop slacking my friend!

on: very nice idea indeed, I know there are some people here (for example Victor) who know how to write an excellent review! Maybe we can post some criteria for a review (sorta like a template) and have someone make a list of stuff people want reviewed and those who'd like to review it?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I don't have a way with words like some of you fine people, so wouldn't contribute any actual reviews, but I would certainly read them. I did enjoy Victors reviews when they were happening.

Its a great idea, the format of victors(and others) reviews in the weekly review threads was pretty good reading with a couple of pics and a paragraph or two.

It could either be all in one thread eg. Comminity Review thread or individual threads per review eg. Community Review: Planetary.

Here's certainly been posters who write mini reviews in the various threads already, there's talent out there.

I used to help victor whenever he couldn't make it on time, but between university and my writing in another blog (check it out if you speak Spanish! http://www.zonanegativa.com/) I haven't had a lot of time lately. I'd try to get more reviews if victor finds some time, though. Not that I want to put pressure on him, buuuuuut...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Its a great idea, the format of victors(and others) reviews in the weekly review threads was pretty good reading with a couple of pics and a paragraph or two.

It could either be all in one thread eg. Comminity Review thread or individual threads per review eg. Community Review: Planetary.

Here's certainly been posters who write mini reviews in the various threads already, there's talent out there.
    I think it's better to stick with victor's formula of individual threads. A main thread would get too convoluted.