Thread: Wytches #4

Cool Wytches #4

Just read this...it is getting good! I was wondering about it after #3 but now ive decided that i am going to stick with it . What are some of your thoughts?

Incredible Member

Sadly, I did give up on it after issue 3. That has more to do with just having too many books on my pull list and the fact that horror isn't really my thing.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I thought it was a bit slow, but damn the ending! Holy crap, I wasn't actually expecting that!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I thought it was a bit slow, but damn the ending! Holy crap, I wasn't actually expecting that!
    Yeah, I'd call that a solid last page. It was funny because they had even warned the guy they might do that exact thing, but I didn't think it would actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    i agree....a bit slow but yes...the fourth book got me hooked..it was actually good and the ending was kind of a shocker

Issue #4 was my last , just not getting into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Issue #4 was my last , just not getting into the story.
    Maybe #5 will be the best yet lol

BXL

I think Issue 4 definitely turned a corner for the better. Anyone else think those colour washes are a little too much sometimes though?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BXL View Post
    I think Issue 4 definitely turned a corner for the better. Anyone else think those colour washes are a little too much sometimes though?
    I thought so. It's really becoming distracting. I wouldn't mind if the washes were used in cases where the story got more horrific or supernatural, as a way to distinguish itself from the scenes where things are just normal though.

Quote Originally Posted by BXL View Post
    Anyone else think those colour washes are a little too much sometimes though?
    I agree. They contribute a unique look to the book, but there are some pages where there's just so much splatter on them, it really starts to obscure the art. I think it would be fine if they scaled back around 50% and took a less is more approach.

I've been torn on whether or not to jump into this. I like Snyder's horror style but it seems like this series is inconsistant already.

I got the first two in the last big Image sale, and I think I'm going to wait until the first trade comes out to get the rest. I'm interested, but not hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom2099 View Post
    Maybe #5 will be the best yet lol
    I'll never know.