Thread: Who's on what?

Astonishing Member

Default Who's on what?

Post Secret Wars there looks to be quite a shakeup at Marvel. We'll have a number of newly vacated franchises and a number of newly freed writers.

Who do you think will be put on what titles?

Some of the obvious writers with free slots will be...

Charles Soule (who will have wrapped up Wolverines, She Hulk and Swamp Thing by that point)
    Bendis (who will be ending his X Men run)
    Duggan (newly Marvel exclusive)
    G Willow Wilson (newly Marvel exclusive)
    Kelly Sue DeConnick (fan favorite w/ Captain Marvel)
    Sam Humphries (newly Marvel exclusive, heavily implied by Bendis to be taking over X Men IMHO)
    James Robinson (both Fantastic Four and Invaders are canceled)

At a guess I'd also include Yost (TV/cartoon work takes up most of his time), Gillen (still has Uber, Wicked + Divine, Phonogram, Vader and the new thing with Lafuente) and Spurrier (Disenchanted, Crossed, X Force is probably canceled), though I can't imagine any will get/have time for more than one book. I think Nick Spencer is probably booked up with his independent work - honestly, he seems over extended as is. Fraction appears to be moving away from Marvel completely, though who knows really.

Franchise wise, we'll have significant re-organizations of both the Avengers and X Men line (and, I suppose, there is a possibility that Spider-Man will free up just based on the already incredible length of Slott's run).

Who will go where? Or, perhaps more fairly, who do you hope will go where?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Aaron takes over the Avengers
    Bedis launches the Defenders/H4H and maybe Spider-Man or Deadpool
    Soule takes over Daredevil
    Slott maybe takes over X-Men

I'm sure Duggan and Wilson will be picking up an extra book but I'm not sure which.

Someone has to relaunch Deadpool but I'm not sure who? Remender would be my preference but I think his hands are full. I think Bendis would turn him into an even bigger seller though.

Astonishing Member

Have my doubts on Aaron; he's already on Star Wars, Thor and Southern Bastards. I suspect if we hear something more from him, he's big enough that it'll be a creator owned thing, to replace Men of War. Though he HAS been on Thor for a while, so perhaps he'll 'trade up', so to speak.

Soule will no doubt take on Daredevil to replace She Hulk, and probably a Wolverine ongoing out of Wolverines, but I'll be genuinely surprised if he doesn't take on X Men or something of that pedigree.

I think Remender is probably due to leave Captain America, now that you mention it.

You know...after they did this massive shuffle for Marvel NOW and 2.5 years later, they are already changing everything...starts to lose it's uniqueness to change creative teams.

Soule is going to be one of the writers on the new Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Have my doubts on Aaron; he's already on Star Wars, Thor and Southern Bastards. I suspect if we hear something more from him, he's big enough that it'll be a creator owned thing, to replace Men of War. Though he HAS been on Thor for a while, so perhaps he'll 'trade up', so to speak.

Soule will no doubt take on Daredevil to replace She Hulk, and probably a Wolverine ongoing out of Wolverines, but I'll be genuinely surprised if he doesn't take on X Men or something of that pedigree.

I think Remender is probably due to leave Captain America, now that you mention it.
    I'm not so sure. I remember an interview with Aaron where he talked about wanting a long run on Thor, that would need a couple of omniboo to collect. I think he's only in the middle of his story and has got a long way to go. Can be manage 4 books on a consistent basis? I don't know but I think he's one of the prime candidate's to take over from Hickman.

I'm not sure about Soule. I know he is a bit of a workhorse but 2 Inhuman books, Daredevil, Wolverines/Wolverine, his Indie book and X-Men too? Seems a lot.

Remender, if he drops Cap A to relaunch Deadpool I would be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You know...after they did this massive shuffle for Marvel NOW and 2.5 years later, they are already changing everything...starts to lose it's uniqueness to change creative teams.
    I dunno, it's hardly on the scale of Marvel Now where two books(?) remained untouched. It's probably more to do with Hickmans planned ending coming up and coinciding with Bendis convenient ending.

Who's on X-Men, What's on Spider-Man, I Don't Know's on Avengers...
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I swore I read somewhere (Here? Her site? *shrug*) that DeConnick recently signed an extended contract. I presumed that was why Carol had here own section of the Battleworld map and that DeConnick was going to continue her stories there (Carol Corps).
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I swore I read somewhere (Here? Her site? *shrug*) that DeConnick recently signed an extended contract. I presumed that was why Carol had here own section of the Battleworld map and that DeConnick was going to continue her stories there (Carol Corps).
    That's cool. I didn't realise she even had a contract with Marvel, with her indie work, but I guess it just prevents her working with DC? I'd like to see her continue her work with Captain Marvel but I'd like to see her with an additional book. Don't think they would give her Avengers or X-Men just yet but I'm sure there is something...

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I don't think it works that way. Independent work is separate from house work. In the latter they have contracts as their freelancers and as a matter to straighten everything away with the unions. A contract doesn't automatically deny a person the ability to work for another company unless there's a specific outline in the work contract that actually says that. It just at base solidifies the duration of the working relationship, what the pay grade for that period will be and how assignments will be doled out and met. Erik Larsen could do work for Marvel or DC. A contract would be drawn up that outlines the specifics of this arrangement though the existence of that wouldn't cancel his ability to work at Image nor vice-verse. Bendis for example has a contract with Marvel as well that of course was just renewed, yet can work at his imprints. His likely has a clause that denies him from working at DC or for WB however.
    I make love, you make me sick.

I think the X-Men are ready for a decent run by a female writer... DeConnick, Wilson or a combination of the two? I also really enjoyed Kathryn Immonen's Amazing X-Men one shot.

I know he's concentrating on his creator-owned stuff these days but I wish Fraction would stick around for one book. Hawkeye and FF were both so good.