Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Earth 2: Worlds End!

Ive been reading Earth 2 since the beginning....Its been a roller coaster ride, let me tell you! I wanted to hate this worlds end thing, and have been very critical about it in the beginning....the title hasnt been the best. I can finally admit though....this is the first book I read every week. It is kind of addicting, and I am looking forward to where they are going to take this book from now until the new Earth 2 book starts after Convergence. What are some of your thoughts on ANYTHING Earth 2.....
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

The Last few weeks haven't been as bad as when it just started (Worlds End), but I loved Earth 2 since its beginning with James Robinson, I loved all of the revamps, I dont know if I have any faith in Daniel Wilson regarding Earth 2 : Society
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Always Rakzo

I'm just going to say this: The future is not looking bright.

BANNED

I gave up on it. Every dies, everyone is in pain, everyone is hopelessly outclassed by the bad guys... There's no point to this book but death. Basically I think it is a book that is designed to get everyone mad by showing how their favorite characters die.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I gave up on it. Every dies, everyone is in pain, everyone is hopelessly outclassed by the bad guys... There's no point to this book but death. Basically I think it is a book that is designed to get everyone mad by showing how their favorite characters die.
    That's kind of how I felt about it. Power Girl and the Huntress were what drew me to Earth 2 stories way back when. I loved their spirit and personality. Power Girl's desire to not be over shadowed by her cousin. This E2 has nothing of that spirit and all the characters are just pale shadows of themselves. The characters I did start to have some concern about in the Earth 2 series have been put through hell and it's just not a fun book to read. I'm glad some are able to enjoy it. Just not for me at all. I'm honestly dreading the new series as well.

Mighty Member

I hated the first few issues of World's End (I stopped reading after #13 or so), the monthly has become unreadable, the whole thing feels dragged out and pointless. I wish I could say I had some hope for Earth 2: Society but I have no faith or interest in it with Wilson still writing.

I used to really like Earth 2 but it's changed so much since the earlier issues there's nothing left of what I used to like about it.

Im thinking that the world is reborn after convergence....this week they showed bruces left behind "weapon". It could get interesting! I do think that the end of the world thing has been dragging on for too long though. This book has been nothing but end of the world scenarios since Earth 2 #1....its going on 50 something issues (including worlds end...)
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Basically my opinion. Earth 2 was my favorite DC of the New 52 line. Sadly, for me, it ended with #26. I have asolutely no intrest in Worlds End. I read comic books to see heroes rise to the challenge and overcome it, not suffer defeat after defeat. Once or twice, it's okay, over and over again, it gets as tiresome as the hero who always trimphs easily.

Peace

Spectacular Member

I have loved Earth 2 since the beginning, and while it is obvious that the creative team is having trouble producing a weekly, I have still liked World's End. I look forward to how this is all going to be resolved and Earth 2: Society.

Plus, Earth 2 Jimmy Olsen has become one of my favorite characters.

Metal Woman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Earth 2 was my favorite book DC was putting out. Now I really just don't care about it at all anymore because of Worlds End. I even gave Worlds End 12 issues to turn around and it just kept getting worse every issue, and lets not even talk about how utterly horrible the Earth 2 book itself became. When I found out they were going to relaunch the series after Convergnece with one of the same hacks that butchered the whole line with Worlds End that was even more incentive to not even give Earth 2: Society a chance when it comes out.

I have never seen DC so completely ruin a series in all my years of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I have loved Earth 2 since the beginning, and while it is obvious that the creative team is having trouble producing a weekly, I have still liked World's End. I look forward to how this is all going to be resolved and Earth 2: Society.

Plus, Earth 2 Jimmy Olsen has become one of my favorite characters.

Metal Woman
    I AGREE...IT DOES SEEM LIKE jIMMY ADDS SOMETHING...WONDER WHAT HIS PLANS ARE?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I have also started to like the title after despising the first 7-8 issues (especially the Earth-2 Dick Grayson...yeeesh). The quality has definitely picked up recently. It's too bad that Robinson couldn't have stayed on as the book was excellent, but it seems they needed to job Earth-2 to make Darkseid/Apokolips scary for the Darkseid War. Oh well, we will get a new Earth-2 book out of Convergence it seems

BANNED

I thought World's End was good since the beginning and i am definitely looking forward to Earth 2: Society. Is it me or is Obsidian's new design AWESOME?! I'm just confused on the whole Earth 2 Oliver Queen thing. Remember when Red Arrow from Earth 2 helped Green Arrow and The Outsiders on Cadmus Island? I thought that was Oliver Queen of Earth 2, but Wednesday's issue gave us a whole different Oliver Queen who resembled his Pre-52 look.
    Last edited by Starchild; 02-27-2015 at 01:34 PM.

With all the destruction that world has taken how is anyone still alive.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

I hope the earth 2 survivors don't die in Covergence.