Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Kevinroc: Agreeable observation though the timing of the press is dubious (not in a bad way though, Sony does need to polish their image right now of course). Still I can't but feel she looks uncomfortable in her skin. I try and stay from judging a book by it's cover but just photo's of Pascal give me the heebies, like she was trying very hard to force human emotion and failing. OT I know but it came to mind as the mention did.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    But not Avengers big. It was only until after it was sold to Disney people suddenly began to talk about Star Wars again.
    Star Wars is more than just the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @Kevinroc: Agreeable observation though the timing of the press is dubious (not in a bad way though, Sony does need to polish their image right now of course). Still I can't but feel she looks uncomfortable in her skin. I try and stay from judging a book by it's cover but just photo's of Pascal give me the heebies, like she was trying very hard to force human emotion and failing. OT I know but it came to mind as the mention did.
    Sony hasn't said anything about their Spider-Man plans yet. Even that they were supposed to have a "secret meeting" about Spidey wasn't something that seemed widely reported.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Kevinroc: Change my answer to agree to disagree?
    I make love, you make me sick.

all industry wisdom points to no for sony selling the spider-man franchise on. i would be willing to bet a huge sum that this does not happen in the near future. there is no incentive to do so and every incentive to keep it. pascal was part of a machine and the machine will barely change.

the star wars comparison doesn’t work here. completely different variables.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Star Wars is more than just the movies.
    But not the hype The Force Awakens is getting since The Disney Buyout. I mean, all the franchise was a bunch of comics, novels and the Clone Wars cartoon. The only thing notable to come from all that is Mr. Plinkett's reviews. But otherwise, just business as usual. Not a big deal. But then the Disney buyout happened.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    It wasn’t meant to be a comparison. Citing the sale of Star Wars by Lucas was only intended to illustrate that others have parted with lucrative franchises in the past (for whatever reason), not to imply that the same would happen for Spider-Man. I was disagreeing with the idea that just because someone owns a lucrative property (say, for example, Youtube) they would never sell it to another entity (say, for example, Google) under any circumstances.

But now I see what I really did was create a thread drift. And in atonement…

557933-temp5.gif.jpg

all industry wisdom points to no for sony selling the spider-man franchise on. i would be willing to bet a huge sum that this does not happen in the near future. there is no incentive to do so and every incentive to keep it. pascal was part of a machine and the machine will barely change.

I think people really are overlooking just how bad Sony's situation is. (It's REALLY bad. REALLY, REALLY bad.)

This doesn't mean they will sell the Spider-Man film rights or make a deal with Disney or what have you. But that doesn't mean those scenarios couldn't happen either. It's short term needs vs. long term potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    It wasn’t meant to be a comparison. Citing the sale of Star Wars by Lucas was only intended to illustrate that others have parted with lucrative franchises in the past (for whatever reason), not to imply that the same would happen for Spider-Man. I was disagreeing with the idea that just because someone owns a lucrative property (say, for example, Youtube) they would never sell it to another entity (say, for example, Google) under any circumstances.

But now I see what I really did was create a thread drift. And in atonement…

557933-temp5.gif.jpg
    is that peter’s pheromone stick?

got it. you’re right, people and companies have sold extremely lucrative properties in the past but that is usually as part of an exit strategy of some sort rather than just because.

is that peter’s pheromone stick?

got it. you’re right, people and companies have sold extremely lucrative properties in the past but that is usually as part of an exit strategy of some sort rather than just because.
    Peter has also teamed up with Boba Fett. (No more Star Wars/Spidey, I promise.)

2013-04-01-25p96.jpg

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/25p96/

I think people really are overlooking just how bad Sony's situation is. (It's REALLY bad. REALLY, REALLY bad.)

This doesn't mean they will sell the Spider-Man film rights or make a deal with Disney or what have you. But that doesn't mean those scenarios couldn't happen either. It's short term needs vs. long term potential.
    yeah, i see what you’re saying here (it’s my industry, i’m well aware of the situation sony are in) but the short term influx of a sale does not justify losing the long-term potential. sony have multiple other options and properties to look at to bring themselves up into profit before they even consider looking at spider-man. we see spider-man here, because it’s the focus of the board.

sony will sell only if they a re looking at massively changing their business plan and closing down shop.

yeah, i see what you’re saying here (it’s my industry, i’m well aware of the situation sony are in) but the short term influx of a sale does not justify losing the long-term potential. sony have multiple other options and properties to look at to bring themselves up into profit before they even consider looking at spider-man. we see spider-man here, because it’s the focus of the board.

sony will sell only if they a re looking at massively changing their business plan and closing down shop.
    I'm not saying Sony will definitely make a deal with Disney. But they are in a very bad spot, one that I think a lot of people are unaware of (or are unaware of exactly how bad).

I don't think it's as definitive that Sony won't make a deal with Disney as some people think. Conversely, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility if they did, but not as much as other people may hope.

BANNED

Happy to hear it, though now I'm curious who will take her place.

Not something that I think really deserves its own thread (but if a mod disagrees, go right ahead), but Variety speculated on what Pascal's exit means for Spider-Man.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/am...oo-1201425102/

Here's their Spidey related speculation.

The biggest decision for Lynton and Pascal’s successor will be how to handle the Spider-Man franchise. “The Amazing Spider-Man 2″ did respectable business last summer but was hardly the $1 billion blockbuster that Pascal had told folks that she needed it to be.

“Spider-Man” remains a cash cow, but the plans for expanding the Spidey universe through villain spinoffs and the next installment may be re-examined — since Pascal played the leading role pursuing that path. A new regime may take a stronger look at returning to the negotiation table with Marvel Studios over Spidey’s rights.

Sony’s last move on that front came during Comic-Con in July, when the studio dated spinoff “Sinister Six” for Nov. 11, 2016, as the next tentpole in its key property — while moving back “The Amazing Spider-Man 3″ two years to 2018. The idea of bringing in villains is aimed at making Sony a stronger competitor against the likes of Disney/Marvel’s “Avengers” and Warner Bros.’ “Justice League” superheroes in the coming years.

Not something that I think really deserves its own thread (but if a mod disagrees, go right ahead), but Variety speculated on what Pascal's exit means for Spider-Man.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/am...oo-1201425102/

Here's their Spidey related speculation.
    yeah, i’m willing to bet against any possible negotiations resulting in a full sale of rights. sony have never seriously considered it and i’d be surprised if they start now. that passage in variety verges on weasel words (speculation filler pieces have to be written that way).

BANNED

i pray to God and madame webb we get both directors cut versions. this series needs it and i hope marvel agrees. Andrew Garfield is a terrifc peter parker and spiderman and shouldn't end up being the most controversial with all this BS claims. the guy has been dreaming to get this role for years and it shows he he not only plays peter parker in every film but he even acts like him in real life. the people don't know he's playing the ditko/romita/ultimate versions. the guy needs more scenes to have his character balanced out better