Super Moderator

Default Bendis Kicks Off a "Guardians Team-Up" of Intergalactic Proportions

Brian Bendis talks working with Arthur Adams to launch Marvel's new title and how it affects his ongoing "Guardians" plans. Plus, exclusive art!.

Full article here.

I'm still wondering what the point of this book was if it's gonna end in a few months cause of Secret Wars.

Not to mention, the second issue ties into Black Vortex, defeating the team up title.

Fantastic Member

They're really milking the GotG movie's success as far as they can. Are Legendary Starlord and Rocket Racoon even selling that well, or is this just Marvel milking first issues too?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm still wondering what the point of this book was if it's gonna end in a few months cause of Secret Wars.

Not to mention, the second issue ties into Black Vortex, defeating the team up title.
    From what I can gather Drax, Jean and Kitty are all getting makeovers thanks to the Black Vortex so I guess there's that. Though how permanent those are is up to question. But yes, a lot of books you do wonder how Secret Wars will impact them, especially the really recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    They're really milking the GotG movie's success as far as they can. Are Legendary Starlord and Rocket Racoon even selling that well, or is this just Marvel milking first issues too?
    Yeah, it's getting a bit too much of the Guardians for me as well, but publishing more and more Guardians books seems to be working for them. Legendary Star Lord and Rocket Racoon (especially Rocket) sell really well btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Not sure how's it's selling but I like Legendary Star-Lord a lot more than I thought I would. Recommended if you read GotG.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah I don't gwt new launches months before secret wars unless they keep thier numbering and just continue tales on battle world. Guardians team up can just team up on, battle world. Just, like Angela sounds like it's continuing just located on battleworld
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

I'm worried that Gamora not on the cover of the second issue, all of a sudden something happened to her?300px-Guardians_Team-Up_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

I wouldn't get too worried. The movie cast is safe til the next film.

Quote Originally Posted by Gosran View Post
    I'm worried that Gamora not on the cover of the second issue, all of a sudden something happened to her?300px-Guardians_Team-Up_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg
    Maybe the new look Gamora from Black Vortex Alpha is featured and she's not shown in solicits that would have spoiled it?

And I am so not an Art Adams fan and I like those pencils so this series should debut spectacularly!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve068 View Post
    Maybe the new look Gamora from Black Vortex Alpha is featured and she's not shown in solicits that would have spoiled it?

And I am so not an Art Adams fan and I like those pencils so this series should debut spectacularly!
    In a preview of the first issue of her like new clothes. Suddenly, the action of the following issues before the events of the first and second issues?

The Main GotG book has pretty much been "Guardians Team Up" this whole time hasn't it?
    Gotg W/Iron Man, W/Angela, W/X-men, W/Venom, W/X-Men,,,again. lol

Still, I'm hoping with these shorter 2-3 issue stints guys like Bendys and other creator that likes to decompress everything they write will be forced to tighten things up more and not rely on over 13 issues to drag ass on.
    I actually enjoyed a few of his Ultimate Team up's for that very reason since they were short and sweet.
    Considering we might get some strong Sci-Fi / Cosmic writers on this book at some point I'm actually looking forward to this series as a whole.
    Imagine Starlin, Ellis, Abnett, Lanning, Rucka, Pearlman on a Guardians tale...the possibilities are pretty darn exciting.

This first arc however doesn't excite me regardless of the incredible artwork...and neither does the fact that Nebula will pop up here after a long absence.
    Sadly, I have not been impressed with ANYTHING Cosmic related when it comes to BMB.
    As several readers have said many times over, his strength is clearly with smaller casts dealing with street level issues.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Sadly, I have not been impressed with ANYTHING Cosmic related when it comes to BMB.
    As several readers have said many times over, his strength is clearly with smaller casts dealing with street level issues.
    Yes! This!!
    I want to love BMB **soo** badly, because he's so enthusiastic about his work, and his field, and he has done incredible stuff in the past! But lately, I've just been, like, "meh."

Amazing Member

Couldn't care less about (this new) GoTG. But Art Adams' raw Pencils ??!!
    Oh, my stars and garters!
    And his bluelines?! Stunning. I Don't need the inks, or colors. (or even a Script, tbh).
    Last edited by CK99; 02-05-2015 at 09:03 PM.