View Poll Results: Who is your all time favorite Spidey villain?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Goblin

26 23.64%
  • Venom

23 20.91%
  • Carnage

4 3.64%
  • Doctor Octopus

20 18.18%
  • Electro

2 1.82%
  • The Lizard

2 1.82%
  • Vulture

5 4.55%
  • Hobgoblin

12 10.91%
  • Sandman

0 0%
  • Rhino

0 0%
  • Shocker

5 4.55%
  • Kraven the Hunter

2 1.82%
  • Scorpion

4 3.64%
  • The Kingpin

3 2.73%
  • Morbius

2 1.82%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Really like some JR Jr. Venom, occasionally..

This is a great poll, so great somebody should steal it.

Hobgoblin_Steal_It!.jpg

That's right, Hobgoblin, aka Roderick Kingsley. Don't be fooled by dupes!
    BOOSTER GOLD (Michael Jon Carter), HAWKEYE (Clint Barton), IRON FIST (Daniel Rand), MOON KNIGHT (Marc Spector aka Steven Grant aka Jake Lockley), NIGHTCRAWLER (Kurt Wagner), NOVA (Richard Rider)

I like resurrecting old threads with still open polls . . . gives newer members another chance to express themselves.

At last check,
    * Venom = 13 votes
    * Green Goblin = 12 votes
    * Doctor Octopus = 11 votes
    * Hobgoblin = 6 votes
    * Shocker = 5 votes
    * Carnage = 3 votes
    * Vulture = 3 votes
    * Scorpion = 3 votes

NOTE:
    Remember, folks, this thread / poll dates back to May 2014.

1. Black Ant
    2. Hobgoblin (Kingsley)
    3. Overdrive
    4. Otto Octavius
    5. Scorpion
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-14-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Doctor Octopus. I know most will disagree, but I've always thought of Doc Ock as Spidey's arch enemy, not Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Doctor Octopus. I know most will disagree, but I've always thought of Doc Ock as Spidey's arch enemy, not Green Goblin.
    Well, killing off Norman for a while back in the early '70s did sort of limit Green Goblin's "arch enemy" status.

Mine has got to be venom. He's been here since the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboi View Post
    Mine has got to be venom. He's been here since the 80's
    You make that sound like it was a long time ago.

Okay, so it actually is . . . but Spider-Man had been around and meeting many other enemies for about 20 years before Venom showed up!

If I can only pick one I've got to go with Norman Osborn the original (and by far best) Green Goblin! He is the Darth Sidious/Emperor of Spider-Man an evil master mind who has never been equaled.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I get why people say Batman has the greatest rogues gallery, but I’m willing to bet it’s because of the old Adam West show. And he has the Joker, arguably the most popular villain in all of fiction. But when I look at this list and take into consideration all the villains I’ve loved over the years that aren’t on here, for me there is no contest, Spidey has the very best rogues gallery.

Maybe I’m just tired of seeing the Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Scarecrow, The Madhatter, and... Bane?! Lol. Is Penguin anywhere near as awesome as Kingpin?! Hell no. Now, Danny Devito knocked it out of the park in Batman Returns, so did Michelle Pfeifer (spell check?!), Jack Nicholson, and Heath Ledger in their respective roles of the Joker, and I’m sure Batman somehow has had more popular movies, and he might be a more popular character, but come on... Doc Ock as himself and Superior, Norman Osborn as himself, Gobby, Red Goblin, Iron Patriot, the other founding members of the Sinister Six and all their replacements over the years, Venom, Carnage, Morlun (that first JMS arc is one of my favorite Spidey comics) and then you just have this guy and that guy... The list goes on and on.
    But honestly, my favorite villain is just Spidey against common crooks and mobsters. I prefer Batman that way too, but comparing who has an overall cooler set of villains for any writer to pit him against (and yeah, this topic wasn’t about that) Spidey has, to me, the ultimate set of villains. I guess I’m also saying I much prefer the webhead over the dark knight.
    And that’s my rant!
    By the way, I’m putting up a bunch of Batman trades up on eBay soon!
    (Insert winky face here)

My top five:

1. Mysterio
    2. Dr. Octopus
    3. Green Goblin ( Norman, of course)
    4. Lizard
    5. Vulture/Shocker (tie)

Some of Spidey's non-comic appearances have some cool takes on the villains as well. The Shocker/ Montana fusion in The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series, for example, is one of my favorite Spidey rogues in any media.
    Last edited by Menace of Mysterio; 02-14-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own - for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.-Rod Serling

My total favorite Spider-Man villain is Harry Osborn. He was great in his first tenure as the Green Goblin, but once J.M DeMatteis put him back in costume he reached new heights. I love how he attacked Peter in and out of his identity as Spider-Man. His sacrifice at the end is one of the best death (though later retconned) I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing in a comicbook. The pencils by Sal Buscema are amazing up to this day, he can show emotion and quiet just as well as action
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Original Hobgoblin. Most people consider him passe' now, though, I guess. Ah well..

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    When it comes down to it, Doctor Octopus is my favorite Spider-Man villain. Otto is the perfect antithesis to Peter, he is the embodiment of everything Peter would be if Peter hadn't adapted towards "the great power comes great responsibility", ideology.
    Exactly this!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I would say Venom, though he's not technically considered a villain anymore so I'll go with Carnage. He's like a walking, talking biological weapon that can either cut someone up or attack them on a cellular level.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."