View Poll Results: Who is your all time favorite Spidey villain?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Goblin

26 23.64%
  • Venom

23 20.91%
  • Carnage

4 3.64%
  • Doctor Octopus

20 18.18%
  • Electro

2 1.82%
  • The Lizard

2 1.82%
  • Vulture

5 4.55%
  • Hobgoblin

12 10.91%
  • Sandman

0 0%
  • Rhino

0 0%
  • Shocker

5 4.55%
  • Kraven the Hunter

2 1.82%
  • Scorpion

4 3.64%
  • The Kingpin

3 2.73%
  • Morbius

2 1.82%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Your Favorite Spider-Man Villain

Spider-Man has arguably some of the best villains in all of comic book history and probably only Batmans and the X-Mens rogue galleries can rival Spideys. the Spider-Mans villains are very different and diverse. There are the more classic villains such as Dock Ock, Green Goblin, Lizard, Electro or Vulture and the more darker and serious villains such as Venom, Carnage etc. that symbolize a very different era. But which is one is your all time favorite?

I came to Spider-Man with the McFarlane/Michelinie era so my favorites will always be Carnage and classic Venom , closely followed by the Norman Osborn Green Goblin, because he and Peter have such an emotional and powerful relationship with each other. Plus the Goblin is so wonderfully crazy and diabolical Also love the Hobgoblin (who frightened me as a kid and always felt a bit darker and scarier than Green Goblin to me) and Dock Ock (as tentacled Ock, not Superior SM).

The Lizard. I like the power-set, the visuals and the conflict it causes Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

So hard to choose Spidey has 1 of the most awesome rogues gallery.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Gah! This is like asking to choose your favorite child (or in my case, cat).

Gotta go with Ock. I adore the Michelinie Sinister Six story, as it was one of the first Spider-man comics I read. Really made me want to read more Spider-man and Doc Ock.

I have soft spots for Shocker and Scorpion. One writer will re-vamp and make them a threat, the next writer makes them a joke. And so the cycle repeats.

Great list! Where's the option for all the Hydro-man fans? Huh? Oh wait, never mind...
    Last edited by exile001; 05-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Roderick Kingsley, the most magnificent bastard of them all!

Incredible Member

Rose and Puma.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Got nothing but love for Spider-Man's rogue gallery (although not a big fan of the symbiotes anymore--I was when I was a kid). But hands down do I love the Hobgoblin. The guy got like what 5 guys to take the fall for him before he was ultimately revealed as the original?

I do like that Daredevil has probably the worst rogues gallery ever and he knows it.

BANNED

I chose Venom. Those early appearances were perfect and there hasn't been a new villain since that resonated like that for me.

Hobgoblin is a very close second.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

For me it has to be Doctor Octopus. My very first Marvel was "Spectacular Spider-Man" #221, the end of the "Web of Death" storyline, and he became my favorite immediately. Second would be the Green Goblin (Norman), because nobody's as cruel or insanely vicious as Norman Osborn. Beyond that, I love just about all of them. The Lizard had probably the greatest first appearance battle cry of all time ("Flee, puny humans! This swamp is MINE!"). The Hobgoblin brought a great air of menace and mystery to the books (until we found out he was Roderick "meh" Kingsley). Mysterio was a psychotic film geek--what could be more entertaining? Venom was a bigger, badder, sometimes cannibalistic mirror image of Spider-Man. And Kraven the Hunter was the first to feel a spiritual connection to Spider-Man, and from the start his obsessive hunts seemed to build toward a final mental breakdown (which DeMatteis handled superbly in "Kraven's Last Hunt"). And Shocker was a refreshing change of pace because he DIDN'T have a personal vendetta with Spider-Man. He just wanted to crack some safes, get rich and be left alone.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

The Green Goblin. Hands down. His powers, weapons, evil personality. One of my favorite all-time Marvel characters.

BANNED

"We are Venom"

Good old eddie brock

I like Carnage. I feel like he's the villain where Spidey really has to go all out and push himself to limit. Spider-Man is much stronger than he is usually shown because he holds back, but with Carnage he can't afford to hold back. So we get to see Spider-Man's full potential. He's a really deadly threat that requires the heroes to work really hard. Plus sometimes it's interesting to see heroes go up against irredeemably evil bad guys, especially in a world with characters like Magneto who are shades of grey. So yeah, Carnage has always interested me because of his total "baddyness".

This list sucks. It doesn't have the Jackal. Terrible job, OP.

this was tough. I went with morbius though. I loved his monthly from the 90's. In order for me, it would go:
    1.Morbius
    2. G. Goblin(Norman)
    3. Venom
    4. Carnage
    5. Vulture

Venom (Eddie Brock)