Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's Movie Origins Revealed, & They're Not Inhumans

http://io9.com/quicksilver-and-scarl...ins-1683990301

I imagine that shrieking gut laughter I hear is coming from Tom Brevoort.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I thought this was known. I think it's more shady of an origin because you have two Romani kids who are being experimented on by Nazis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think it is kind of goofy that Marvel apparently can't use the term mutants. Or is that article wrong about that? It's such a generic term in science/biology I don't see how Fox could stop them from using the term.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think it is kind of goofy that Marvel apparently can't use the term mutants. Or is that article wrong about that? It's such a generic term in science/biology I don't see how Fox could stop them from using the term.
    Marvel and DC both own the term "Superhero". It's why all comics outside those companies can't use that term. So what goes around...

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Marvel and DC both own the term "Superhero". It's why all comics outside those companies can't use that term. So what goes around...
    Strictly speaking, I believe they co-own a trademark on the term "superhero." As I understand it, anybody can still use the word "superhero" in dialogue inside a comic book, but they can't put it in big letters on the front cover without violating the exclusive rights of Marvel and DC to use "superhero" for commercial advertising purposes.

(The same way anybody can publish a comic book in which one character says to another in the middle of a scene, "Pass me a Diet Pepsi, will ya?" -- but if the comic book were titled "Diet Pepsi #1", without having permission from Pepsi to use their trademark, then the Pepsi people would take legal action, and would win in court!)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I believe it's a licensing/contract issue rather than an intellectual property issue.

Marvel just made that FOX contract without their lawyers around.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I don't really get how this makes them not Inhumans. They get latent powers within them unlocked, that's what an Inhuman is, the staff could just be an alternative to the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don't really get how this makes them not Inhumans. They get latent powers within them unlocked, that's what an Inhuman is, the staff could just be an alternative to the mist.
    It's different. Terrigenesis already been shown via Agents of SHIELD and what happened with the twins isn't that. It's a blurry line but I expect we'll get clarification soon enough via the upcoming movie.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    http://io9.com/quicksilver-and-scarl...ins-1683990301

I imagine that shrieking gut laughter I hear is coming from Tom Brevoort.
    The Loki Staff was major belief sine the Credit scene that That was the reason for the Twins powers coming alive. Whether this means they are Inhumans I still will not jump on that belief until more info comes out. But until then they are "Gifted". So thanks for the article Micheal P, most of it is not out of my belief system already.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Marvel just made that FOX contract without their lawyers around.
    No, they just couldn't predict the future. There was no concept of a superhero movie "crossover" at that point, much less a "universe." All superhero films had been either standalone or part of linear series. Why not license the various franchises separately? On top of that, it would've taken some serious prescience to imagine that Marvel could ever have the resources to produce their own movies. This was bankruptcy-era Marvel, remember.

In retrospect, yes, it was a terrible deal. Let's not forget that original context, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Agreed. The possibility still exists. The staff being a catalyst to exploit their "gifts" of Inhuman genes still seems possible. I'll wait for confirmation at this point.

This article is wrong. They are Inhumans. Their powers were locked and were brought forth by the scepter.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This article is wrong. They are Inhumans. Their powers were locked and were brought forth by the scepter.
    Just out of curiosity -- how do you know?

My friend at Marvel said they are not Inhumans but were experimented on by Hydra, like seen at the end of Winter Solider.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/