Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    MARTIAN MANHUNTER GETS ONGOING = incomparable joy
    So excited for this woo hoo!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No Jeff Parker at all, sad. I've long said that McCarthy would be perfect for the fluid nature of AQUAMAN. I'm still onboard.

Anyone know much about the new SUPERMAN writer? Nice to see JRjr sticking by. Greg Pak seems to be in charge of the Super-books, which is a great idea. I may not be into his recent stuff but he "knows" the character.

Still no LEGION though, still no LEGION.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I alos love the way Amanda Conner draws her as well
    so you like her too look like a child playing dress up instead of a epic warrior that could take on superman while being hotter than wonder woman, ok bro PROGRESS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    I guess so far I'm giving all a chance. Not counting Lobdell's doomed. Also, my secret hope is Lemire is somewhere writing a LOSH reboot or a Captain Marvel ongoing. Bully Batson a.k.a. Shazam is just not my cup of tea.
    Bully Batson? Jesus, the nicknames are just getting worse.

Who did he bully, anyway?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    so you like her too look like a child playing dress up instead of a epic warrior that could take on superman while being hotter than wonder woman, ok bro PROGRESS
    If by that you mean looking cute then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    Dark Universe sounds interesting. Definitely reading Harley Quinn. Pity they are killing Starfire.

Also, really?

"Story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry." DC Comics Co-Publisher Dan Didio

Nope.
    I don't believe DC will be giving creators the power to change continuity or have independent continuity books but I can see them allowing them to use characters who are being used in other stories as well. Kind of like if Superman was off planet with Wonder Woman for a 6 issue arc and The writer for Batman wanted to have him cameo in his story that would be fine. But I cant see them killing off Dick Grayson in Grayson because it would be a good story then allowing the writer for Batman to have Grayson come over and return as Nightwing for an arc. Continuity is still continuity and the most important thing to remember is DC makes the most money off Events and Crossovers and they will not allow "the best stories" to impede on "the best profit". Always always always remember Rule 2 of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: The best deal is the one that makes the most profit.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Bully Batson? Jesus, the nicknames are just getting worse.
    Well, at least is not as bad as Billy Bratson.

God, was that annoying.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Black CanaryQ!@

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No Jeff Parker at all, sad. I've long said that McCarthy would be perfect for the fluid nature of AQUAMAN. I'm still onboard.

Anyone know much about the new SUPERMAN writer?
    Yeah, he's one of the most amazing cartoonists currently doing work. Haven't read his superhero/genre stuff, but Boxers and Saints was amazing.

Still no LEGION though, still no LEGION.
    It'll come. Hopefully with a strong creative team, too. Hickman is going to have a bit of freedom, soon....

There sure are a lot of Single Character books, a'la Cyborg and Starfire. Wonder how long they will actually last.

I'm on a wait and see when it comes to DC these days. They have a few books I like (Green Arrow, most of the Batman Books and a fwe that will be wrapping up soon), but on a whole I haven't liked the New52. Still, I'll give it a shot.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    So, Jeff Lemire seems to be gone. Hopefully more Marvel work.
    You are right here. What will be interesting is how he goes from Green Arrow to All New Hawkeye.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I don't believe DC will be giving creators the power to change continuity or have independent continuity books but I can see them allowing them to use characters who are being used in other stories as well. Kind of like if Superman was off planet with Wonder Woman for a 6 issue arc and The writer for Batman wanted to have him cameo in his story that would be fine. But I cant see them killing off Dick Grayson in Grayson because it would be a good story then allowing the writer for Batman to have Grayson come over and return as Nightwing for an arc. Continuity is still continuity and the most important thing to remember is DC makes the most money off Events and Crossovers and they will not allow "the best stories" to impede on "the best profit". Always always always remember Rule 2 of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition: The best deal is the one that makes the most profit.
    Good points but none of it means anything if DiDio can't be held in check. How many walk away from the job once he starts his stuff? Just sayin'.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    The first time I looked at that picture it reminded me of Archie comic covers :S They should go back to Blackest Night Titans Starfire.
    Actually an Archie like look (I'm assuming you mean the new Shield) could bring in a younger crowd which where I think Archie is heading with Shield.More amenable to a transition to an animated tie in.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Will be considering Omega Men, Batman Beyond. Wish if John Henry would also get his own book too.
    Hey I'd love to see the new Cyborg book too but neither will last past 6 months. Look what happened to Mr. Terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    It's notable that a number of those are 6 issue minis, which means 'room' for more stuff in 6 months.
    I'm glad that there are a number of limited-series, especially with such wacky characters like Bizarro and Bat-Mite given a chance to shine in their own books. I like to know how many issues I am signing up for with any new series, helps with keeping my pull-list fresh so I'm not just reading the same titles over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.