View Poll Results: Do you want a Marvel reboot?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like a reboot

64 29.09%
  • Not sure/ undecided...

25 11.36%
  • No, I do not want a reboot

131 59.55%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Do you want a reboot?

There has been a lot of talk recently about a reboot of the marvel multiverse. With the current Avenegers/ New Avenegrs storyline, and the upcoming secret wars, the question is: what do you think about a possible reboot?

Someday, maybe. But given the current editorial climate, I have a feeling that a reboot is going to be for the worst, and with a dangerous permanence.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Not unless "reboot" is some cute new term for kicking Remender out.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Only if it`s a real Reboot, not a continuity-destroying, half-assed mess like New 52.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd say no, frankly. To springboard off the discussion in jackolover's thread about Marvel throwing off the "yoke" of the Silver Age by making so many of the heroes that debuted in that era utterly unlikeable jerks with no real claim to the moral high ground, if Marvel rebooted, who the hell would be on the ground floor to build up the "New" Marvel? Given who's largely been entrusted already with reshaping the modern Marvel Universe in the last few years, it'd most likely be the same people who spent the last decade systematically chipping away at and tearing down the foundations of the "Old" Marvel, only now they'd have the power to make their rather flawed portrayals and interpretations of the characters the official, canonical versions of them. That's not something I'd look forward to.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

No need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Only if it`s a real Reboot, not a continuity-destroying, half-assed mess like New 52.
    I agree . . . let it be the start of a new Marvel Earth, but not as . . . grim / negative as Ultimate's Earth.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

No, not unless they do it real smartly, and I doubt that's possible.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I'm kinda undecided. A reboot can inspire creativity, such as DC in the post-Crisis period, but more recently, those sort of moves just resort in the same stories with a new coat of pain. Most of the Marvel books I currently enjoy stand on their own, and I think that's the way to move forward-- forget about the universal implications of everything and concentrate on putting out the best individual books that you can. I'd rather see more books like Daredevil, Hawkeye, Silver Surfer, Guardians 3000, Ms Marvel, etc. where the creators seem more invested in telling a great story than how those stories fit into the overall picture.

Mighty Member

My crackpot idea for some time has been to do both. Reboot a new continuity from scratch, but in a different universe. Maintain the current universe alongside it, but let the characters age in real time, so in 20 years or whatever everyone gets their happy (or not so happy) ending.

I'd probably stop reading Marvel comics for a while if they did a reboot. I don't want to read two or three years worth of origins and rehashes of older stories with a little flare to try to make them unique.

I actually think they are hamstrung a little bit because the Ultimate Universe was a reboot of the Marvel Universe only a little more than decade ago that was unique and fun new start for long running series. If they do a reboot, they will have to be conscientious of both the 616 and Ultimate origins and try to make something different.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Yes, so I can be done with Marvel. Unless somehow they get Gillen writing X-Men.

No. not now, not ever.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Marvel is already becoming a Marvel so different to the Marvel I want to read that I am beginning to edge towards the Fouth option:

- They can do whatever, I'm beginning to give up caring
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member

Yes, I'd like a reboot with a female Von Doom who actually has some teeth behind her bite, and doesn't get whipped by each and every individual member of the Fantastic Four or any other group.

And one that still includes a Thanos, who is aware of the previous universe.

And a cap who is as self-righteous, the rock of morality, as the one in the past version.

And maybe a Peter Parker with more confidence, in both his spider abilities, and his intelligence.