Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Howard the Duck #1

He's a person just like we are....only he's also a duck. This March, that fine fowl returns to the pages of Marvel Comics in HOWARD THE DUCK #1 - the new ongoing series from writer Chip Zdarsky (Original Sins) and artist Joe Quinones (Savage Wolverine)!
    Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look inside the highly anticipated debut issue. Get in on the ground floor for the new series that will have the whole industry talking! Be there when Howard the Duck ventures through the Marvel Universe, trapped in a world he's grown accustomed to, as the Marvel Universe's new resident private investigator.
    Marvel as he takes on the Black Cat, She-Hulk and mysterious forces from outer space! Plus maybe even a gun-toting Raccoon! (Three guesses on that one!)
    "We're thrilled to be bringing Howard back to the stands!" says series Editor Wil Moss. "The stuff Chip & Joe have planned for this series...well, to be honest, I don't know if we'll be able to publish most of it. But the stuff that does clear with legal is going to be amazing!"
    Don't miss the ongoing adventures of Howard T. Duck, Private Investigator as he gumshoes his way through the Marvel Universe in HOWARD THE DUCK #1 - coming to comic shops and digital devices this March! WAUGH!

Full preview here.

I hate James Gunn so much right now

I like Rocket, I might try it.

Amazing Member

I just MIGHT pick this up.I REALLY disliked the misserble howard mini series from a few years ago.Back in the late 90s, marvel tried to revive howard, and Gerber did a real number on them with the destroyer duck/ savage dragon one shot.Read that marvel was plenty pissed about that issue.

If I were Chip Zdarsky I wouldn't be putting Original Sins on my resume...

As for the Duck...No, just no...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    If I were Chip Zdarsky I wouldn't be putting Original Sins on my resume...

As for the Duck...No, just no...
    You think he put that there? You don't think he would put the comic that he's won an Eisner for in his credits? Someone at Marvel wrote that; not him.

Amazing Member

Anybody who reads that preview and gets to the alien talking about doing "a bit of the ol' powder cosmic" and doesn't laugh? I don't wanna be your friend.

So Howard's gone from being "Trapped in a world he never made" to being "Trapped in a world he's accustomed to"?

I'll give it a try.

Invincible Member

I'm skeptical but I'll give the first issue a try

Spectacular Member

I LOVE YOU CHIP I will buy your book

Incredible Member

I don't see how a Marvel fan could not be excited about this book. I am generally not a fan of Marvel comics (I prefer Image and Valiant, though do read Black Widow, Thor, and Ms. Marvel), but this book looks and sounds like it will be a blast. I'll take Howard the Duck over the current X-Men or Avengers books any day.

I can't work out if the prisoner's spiel is meant to be a reference to the Futurama episode 'My Three Suns' or not?

Liking the look of this though. Lovely art, and the 'powder cosmic' is genius.

BANNED

Love the Brood in the back, uh, brooding on the second page.

Having the GotG show up in your first Marvel story arc is like having Batman show up in your DC comic story arc like Secret Six or Hitman. Instant interest boost to your #1 issue sales!

I like Howard so I'll try it

Gerber should get creator credit tho (just saying)

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Howard,Shehulk,BCat, I'm sold.