Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Still like the thought of having him be Davis, but seeing that the young man is black I'll throw another identity out: Keith Robert. Based on Superman's orphan friend post-Crisis.
    Is he? I mean sure, in the middle phase of that transformation he looks pretty black-ish, but I think he's white? Regardless, I hope you are right because I would love to see that character back. But you know, giving a black guy a solo book only to have him turn into a Doomsday monster.. that'll surely break the internet haha.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Scott Lobdell talks about DOOMED, the series that no one has asked for:

Seems really off-beat still but we'll see.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Seems really off-beat still but we'll see.
    This is going to be such a trainwreck. Cant wait.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think I'll wait to see what the reaction is, heh. Its not an automatic pass but far from an automatic get either.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Oooooooh... "DOOMed" as in "DOOMsday". That's a pretty good pitch to keep that storyline going. It pays off sometimes not reading spoiler solicits in advance 'cuz I liked this book as a premiere of a new character too - and this tidbit makes it better. It also justifies the random Pedestrian Kent and Lex Building cameos. Oooooooh... right, there was the mini with the same name too for an obvious clue...

Neither the most likable girl so far but the snooty co-worker girl is more interesting than the random squatter girl.

Ironically, I do not like the series title DOOMED in that it kinda jeopardizes the shelf life of it. it depends if "DOOMED" is his codename or not. If it is then disregard this prediction of well, doom. Maybe he'll do the same as INVINCIBLE did and say "I'm DOOMED!" to identify himself?

BTW, What was the way Toxic Avenger got transformed? Wasn't it similar dumb bad luck around deadly waste?

So, SNEAK PEEK takes place AFTER #1 right? How old (appearances) is Alpha Centurian and what are his origins we know?

I hate searching for the newest/best/actual issue thread (and failing to find it) here too often. There are also these:
    http://community.comicbookresources....ak-Peek-Doomed
    http://community.comicbookresources....EVIEW-Doomed-1
    DOOMED-DCSneakPeek-SFCovers-1332x2048-5549376dd1bec0-59685467-0d7a5.jpgDOOMED-Cv1-ds-34050.jpg

Doomed = Stakes

Keep it simple.

This guy is DOOMED! How's he going to get out of it?!

Anyway, he doesn't really look like Doomsday and what is with the glowing hand? Since when do people turn into Doomsday? Is this based on the SMALLVILLE interpretation of the character?

I would buy a DOOMSDAY ongoing in a heartbeat, but this is too confusing!

Keep it simple!

This is worse than I thought. He doesn't even know Alpha Centurion's name! AC would never have a kid roommate! This sucks! Check out the Zero Hour issue of Adventures of Superman for Alpha Centurion's awaesome first appearance! He's a rad character!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Haven't read it yet. Believe it or not I kinda dug the preview, but I'm still torn. I may wait a couple issues and see reviews before I dive in.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Haven't read it yet. Believe it or not I kinda dug the preview, but I'm still torn. I may wait a couple issues and see reviews before I dive in.
    Read it. It is so worth it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Read it. It is so worth it.
    I'll second that. I had a lot of fun reading this book along with the preview. Very likable protagonist and the beginning of what should be an interesting supporting cast. It's really early of course, but this has the feel of one of those underdog comics that I'm going to love.

Despite the Bad Reviews.... I'am going to give DOOMED a chance. I think its the type of series that once all the backstory is done , and starts going full speed with the action and splash pages , It'll be better. I just hope it doesn't make it seem like you have to read Superman in order to read Doomed.

interesting premiss i guess
    The J-man

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outshined View Post
    I'll second that. I had a lot of fun reading this book along with the preview. Very likable protagonist and the beginning of what should be an interesting supporting cast. It's really early of course, but this has the feel of one of those underdog comics that I'm going to love.
    Ok guys...I will take the dive friday after I get payed. If I hate it, I hope you and Vinsanity are willing to refund my $3.00.

Reiser is a young student of Metropolis, who wakes up next to a completely devastated subway train. Around him, but rubble, and where he probably landed after a long fall, a deep mark on the ground. That is when he is in a glass that he understands what he has become. The reader, however, has a visual appearance, but we do not yet know what it's really about. And all the rest of the number will consist of a long flashback to present the protagonist and his environment. I had already announced in the review of Sneak Peek, but we find the hero in Peter Parker. A student who has problems and occupations of daily life: go visit her aunt (Isabelle Sorentino it's called ..), find a new roommate (and oh, but who the hell is this mysterious neighbor!?), Go cruising the maid ... The usual activities that will be marked by the first day of Reiser as a STAR student Labs - which obviously it will happen something. This is the book of the pitch: contamination Doomsday virus, but when we see how it happens, we say one thing: this is not serious. Nan, really. Yet the main character, if we see very playful and can be a bit naive, then, it is just very stupid. But it brings a welcome comic touch given the gravity of the situation, and we hope that Scott Lobdell continue in this direction, because the potential is there, and we imagine ton of wacky scenes, like the one just concluded the number. Because the tone is intentionally comic from beginning to end with this classic strand of the daily life of a young man without stories disrupted drastically. I said before, all number allows to present and to have an idea of ​​his personality - which should help to understand what will be his choice in the next numbers.
    The occasion also to present a quirky family (aunt and her terrible dog Yes yes) and in general, everything looks a little "off" with something a little wrong in every scene; which brings little surprises one after the other, and above all we asked how Lobdell route will be engulfed. This is an advantage and a disadvantage for the number # 1 because if curiosity remains present even when we left hungry because any introduction is that it in fact: an introduction, and in truth, there is not really clings to read more, since the number ends exactly where it ended, barely making do more narrative elements to make them want to continue reading. So we left just to the presentation of the hero and the concept of the title. But without real issues, hard to find a hook to return next month. And that's a shame, because overall I found the correct writing, despite the features inherent to the style of Lobdell, which always adds a lot of thoughts boxes without much narrative scope (fortunately, it is less worse than in Red Hood / Arsenal) and somewhat abrupt transitions between scenes. For the rest, we can not blame him too much because it attacks a little "his" universe here, and can implement his ideas, numerous enough, without making it too much clutter; 20 pages but necessarily lacks room to tell everything, so it will be to follow next month, hoping that it really takes off. Doomed # 1-2 Concerning the graphics, Doomed really does not fit in the securities that have a real graphic style, like Black Canary or Bat-Mite with very sliced ​​styles. Without being in the classical mainstream, Javier Fernandez designs stick pretty much to the ambiance (for now) lightweight title, sometimes with some sketches eyeing the cartoon side and are welcome. We see that the artist applies, in general, despite a very classic cut, events flow well and readability is there. But I émettrai some reservation about the appearance of Doomed for now (even if the variant cover of Ken Lashley convinced me that he might have from the mouth), and I especially look forward to seeing what The artist will give in the action scenes, we hope a bit grandiloquent given the situation.
    If Scott Lobdell has disappointed many readers for quite some time in on the Red Hood title has not managed to improve its image, Doomed may be the title that will reconcile him with his public. Master of his characters and its concept, the author can indeed express ideas without restraint, and if this time, we stayed in a big introduction (which could have been shortened, for sure), it was already there the tricks of this series: a young Teube just in a slightly wacky environment, which happens a situation that should lead to good big action scenes - and loads of fun. That's all we want in any case, because at the moment, we remain unsatisfied.
    "my feminism will be intersectional, or will it be bullshit." Kelly Sue Deconnick
    "All this magic stuff needs new terminology because it's not what people are being told it is at all." Grant Morrison