Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: All-New Hawkeye #1

Nock your arrow and draw back your bow True Believer because Marvel's Avenging Archer is back for a brand new beginning to the fan-favorite series in ALL-NEW HAWKEYE #1! A brand new ongoing series debuting this March, blockbuster writer Jeff Lemire and Eisner-award winning artist Ramon Perez bring you a fresh new look in to the life of Clint Barton as only this high profile, can't miss creative team could!

With Kate Bishop, his trusted ward and protégé back at his side (note: not titles she would use), Team Hawkeye is thrown in to an all new adventure spanning two generations of avenging archers. Past and present lives collide as Kate and Clint face a threat that will challenge everything they know about how to be a hero, and what it means to be Hawkeye.

"To me, Kate is an equal to Clint in terms of who the 'star' of the book is," says writer Jeff Lemire in an interview with Marvel.com. "It's equal billing. It will be as much Kate's story as it is Clint's. The threat they'll be facing is very much something new. And it's not strictly a big bombastic super-villain-y kind of thing. It's something that hits them both on a much more personal level."

Fists, arrows and everything in between will fly this March as Hawkeye and Hawkeye take aim in ALL-NEW HAWKEYE #1!

Full preview here.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Well, there are a lot more costumes in this already! Did Aja ever draw Clint in costume for more than a couple pages?

If Kate really is a co-star and Hawkeye refers to the both of them equally, I hope it's not just Clint who gets the mournful flashbacks and dissections of his childhood and past.

All-New Member

I'd rather they call the book "Hawkeye & the other Guy!"

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Those ankle boots are horrifically impractical. They should be flying off her feet, they look so unflatteringly loose.

BANNED

I'm going to give this a shot but.....I can barley tolerate Kate. If she is potrayed the way she was in Fractions series I can see me dropping this book fast and hard. Which sucks for me because I love Clint.

I feel bad for these guys having to follow Fraction and Aja. I hope they go a complete 180, for their sake.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Well, there are a lot more costumes in this already! Did Aja ever draw Clint in costume for more than a couple pages?
    No, but that was the point.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm going to give this a shot but.....I can barley tolerate Kate. If she is potrayed the way she was in Fractions series I can see me dropping this book fast and hard. Which sucks for me because I love Clint.
    Sort of agree.

I like Clint enough to get his book under Fraction, but Kate never really interested me either way.
    (Though I sure do wish DC had gone this route with The Flash[es] Barry Allen and Wally West back in 2011.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I feel bad for these guys having to follow Fraction and Aja. I hope they go a complete 180, for their sake.

No, but that was the point.

Agreed, But I remain hopeful.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lol, glad to hear they're not trying to force Kate on us or anything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Sort of agree.

I like Clint enough to get his book under Fraction, but Kate never really interested me either way.
    (Though I sure do wish DC had gone this route with The Flash[es] Barry Allen and Wally West back in 2011.)
    My favorite part of Fractions Hawkeye book....you could chose to read skip or read Kate's story after the annual. I did enjoy Clint very much in his run. Just wish we could get a little bit more of the courageous character traits than we did but overall it was good.

BANNED

Kate kept Clint in line, or at least tried to. Glad she's sticking around.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Should be an interesting take. Let's see how far this one goes.

Glad to hear Kate is sticking around as co-star. The dynamic between Clint and Kate was great in Fraction's run.

I really enjoyed Kate in the book. I actually wished they hadn't removed her from Clint's storyline. I thought they worked better together than apart.

If I'm reading Fraction/Aja in trade... and the last trade isnt out in time for this series... will I be missing anything major if I start this in issues?