Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HawkAndSteel View Post
    If I'm reading Fraction/Aja in trade... and the last trade isnt out in time for this series... will I be missing anything major if I start this in issues?
    Not in the sense that you wouldn't understand what was going on but there are emotional plot developments that the new series might spoil for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkAndSteel View Post
    If I'm reading Fraction/Aja in trade... and the last trade isnt out in time for this series... will I be missing anything major if I start this in issues?
    Doubt it. Hawkeye vs Deadpool was already concluded and that was definitely set after Fraction's run.

So we already knew everything is fine. Except probably Barney. Come to think of it there is no mention of Barney.

YEY! This looks awesome, and beautiful. The more Kate the better.

Whoo. Lemire following Fraction? Sign me on.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I really enjoyed Kate in the book. I actually wished they hadn't removed her from Clint's storyline. I thought they worked better together than apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YEY! This looks awesome, and beautiful. The more Kate the better.
    I'm a big Kate fan, which is the only reason I'll be giving this volume a try. Just hope that their relationship stays the same (I always saw it as kind of a niece looking out the the black-sheep of the family uncle sort of thing) as set up under Fraction.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Whoo. Lemire following Fraction? Sign me on.
    Yup, that's all I needed to hear and I was sold on this.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

This looks awesome. Hopefully Secret War doesn't affect it much, if at all.
    Cyclops was right

Sorry guys, but I also like Kate more.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

The art is horrible. If I were going to buy this book, I would be upset.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Everybody has different tastes but if this art is "horrible" to you, I can't imagine what you call "good." Personally, these pages have convinced me to give this book a shot. I sure don't envy these guys trying to follow Fraction and Aja but here's hoping they pull it off.

If you never intended to buy this title, could you please spare us your opinion on the art? Thank you, and feel free to comment on titles you follow or want to follow.

To the topic, I am giving it a try, art looks great and I always make a cut after one team stops. Comparisons, especially on titles which are a bit special, can lead only to disappointments caused by high expectations.

Ramon Perez's art is great and I loved Lemire's Animal Man.

I'll be reading this.

I'm really looking forward to this title. The art looks great, and I'm really excited to have some more stuff with Kate. Also, the differences in the flashback page to the current page is really nice.

Wow, fuck you Marvel. What the hell makes you think I'll be buying a book that not only costs a dollar more than it use to, but has an entirely different creative team behind it. Oh yeah, this is why: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4
    Back For Good Behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I think both pages look solid. I like the painterly flashback look and then the cleaner look for the present.

Horrible seems way off. Maybe just say it's not to your taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Everybody has different tastes but if this art is "horrible" to you, I can't imagine what you call "good." Personally, these pages have convinced me to give this book a shot. I sure don't envy these guys trying to follow Fraction and Aja but here's hoping they pull it off.
    Indeed, it'll be a tough act to follow. Fraction and Aja and company created the seminal run for the character. I think that if they keep certain aspects (such as the Clint-Kate dynamic and the banter) and then do something a bit different with it (super heroics versus continuing the "while he's not with the Avengers" approach) then they may do well.

I certainly have more hope than I did when this was first announced.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAtheist View Post
    Wow, fuck you Marvel. What the hell makes you think I'll be buying a book that not only costs a dollar more than it use to, but has an entirely different creative team behind it. Oh yeah, this is why: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4
    Okay, the price hike is unfortunate, but it seems pretty common practice at this point. But the change in creative team? Happens all the time. If that's gonna get you all worked up, you may want to get out of comics.