Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Persona 5

All-New Member

Wow just waiting for a release date!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Great game though they were too obvious that the game wants you to date Makoto. Don't be surprised if she gets the official confirmation down the line like with Yukari and Aigis did in the Answer.

She's practically attached to your hip, almost always next to you in scenes, and is the most important and competent party member.

On top of that she has 2 Palaces that are exclusively relevant to her. The others only have 1.

Not to mention that her "date stuff" is far better tied to the plot than the others.

No wonder she has won every poll thus far against the others but Joker.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't feel that way about Makoto. I chose to date Hifumi as she's similar to her without the bland personality.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Hifumi isn't even in the main story, she is mentioned in a text and you can just ignore her for the most part if you wanted. You shouldn't though as her confidant skills are very helpful.

On the other hand Makoto is almost always next to you, is the only girl who gets flustered at the thought of dating the MC, the only one the MC can't deny dating, is by far the most important party member, gets 2 Palaces and she gets stuff like the Pyramid catch, and that look between them when MC pulls her up, as well as stuff like the Futaba House.

Makoto is also the main reason your group takes off in popularity on its own and she is the main reason the group is able to recruit Futaba, Haru and Akechi.

Hifumi isn't similar at all, Makoto is shown to be extremely naive outside studies, is a natural gamer, loves Yakuza movies (and asks if you specifically if it is a a turn off for girls to like it), she becomes a surrogate mother figure to Futaba, fears ghost superstitions, is constantly your voice in group meetings, leads all group meetings, is the first to realize that you are being set up, knows how to fight outside the Metaverse, has two dead parents, a strong sense of justice like the MC, easily flustered when praised by the MC, willingly spies on Sae after the MC changes her mind, is a good interrogator based off her interrogating Akechi, is secretly an S who enjoys inflicting pain on evildoers and undergoes the most character growth in the game which is due to how important she is in the story.

Hifumi is a Shogi pro with an overbearing mother and unlike Makoto, who is clueless about love and stuff other than studying, Hifumi isn't and only refrains from it because her mother said so. Hifumi also wants to be taken seriously as a Shogi player, not an idol, while Makoto wants to just be useful and carry on the same justice her dead father had done.

Their only similarities is that they both are natural born strategist and that may be the main reason they cut Hifumi from the party because Makoto already is the strategist and is far more important to the plot.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-19-2017 at 01:42 PM.

I meant they have similar personalities. I found Hifumi more interesting as a character so I went with her. She was originally suppose to be a member of the Phantom Thieves but she was cut due to party size getting big.

MC can deny dating Makoto. When the opportunity tell her she'll find someone one day and you'll be in the clear. The game lets you date all the female confidants. She doesn't get two palaces. Only one palace is relevant to her story arc. Sixth palace has less to do with her and it's more about Adechi.

Makoto isn't the reason for Thieves popularity during the summer months. That was all on the criminal conspiracy. Futaba essentially recruited herself. She was the one who reached out to them. All Makoto did was organize who gets to spend time with her to ease her social anxieties. Yusuke was the one who got her a conversion out of her when she joins. Morgana is the one that recruits Haru.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I'm still waiting for the series to give the player the choice of what kind of protagonist they want to have like in Persona 3 Portable.

Hmm, i played the game for something like 25 hours but at this point i just gave up, realizing that i had just spent all that time doing nothing but pressing X. No decisions to take whatsoever. Nothing. The damn game let you do nothing by yourself.

Ok, ok, maybe it was just some kind of super long, super directive introduction but my patience ran out after 20 hours of that treatment.

It's good looking, the story isn't bad, the characters are interesting enough but i don't know, maybe i am getting too old for nowadays games lol.

The game has a really slow start. The game doesn't open up until you start the second palace.