Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope not as the Earth 2 heroes would definitely be overshadowed by the Earth 0 regulars.
    It didn't happen when the JSA and JLA were on one Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope not as the Earth 2 heroes would definitely be overshadowed by the Earth 0 regulars.
    That's because the JSA were heroes the JLA respected because of their years of experience.

Why should they respect them now?
    (And do the members of Johns' JL respect anybody?)

My guess is earth 2 will be rebooted. Maybe set post convergence earth 2 in a war among america, europe, russia, china and india.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's because the JSA were heroes the JLA respected because of their years of experience.

Why should they respect them now?
    (And do the members of Johns' JL respect anybody?)
    Um... I could think of a million reasons how that could occur. Show the JSA saving the world and the JLA acknowledging it. Have them team-up to take on a threat too large for only one of them. It would be pretty easy to have both teams co-exist on one planet. That is all I'm trying to get across. If you wish to sit there and demand it not be so or couldn't happen, then that is your choice. But I for one would enjoy seeing the teams have the ability to interact with one another. There's plenty of story fodder there to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    odds are thomas dies during convergence. he doesn't appear to have been the break out star DC wanted him to be.
    Who would have thought that a Batman who kills people wouldn't work.

. . . But I for one would enjoy seeing the teams have the ability to interact with one another. There's plenty of story fodder there to explore.
    But as I also said, does Johns' JL respect anybody?

(I gave up on the book after issue #12, but if it has Lex Luthor as a member still, I don't think that will have changed much.)

Why make assumptions on a book you admittedly haven't read in 2 years?

Always Rakzo

Actually it did. The post-COIE made most of the JSA characters pretty irrelevant for the most part aside from some tries like making Jay one of Wally's mentors, turning Alan young again and of course, Starman.

It was only until JSA was launched in 1999 that the characters got a new sense of importance but still, that took almost 15 years.

Am I going to be the only one that brings this up. It seems that Dick Grayson is shaping up to become the new Batman of Earth 2, with his recent string of punching people in the mouth. God I hope this happens.

Spectacular Member

Dick is, sadly, probably going to be Wildcat.

Why make assumptions on a book you admittedly haven't read in 2 years?
    So, you're saying the members of the Justice League under Johns are now less arrogant and can play nicely with others who aren't necessarily part of their clique?

Spectacular Member

Yes.

The Villains Journey was the low point of the run. It good with Throne of Atlantis, and even better with Forever Evil (even though the JL was missing) and it's great post-Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    It was only until JSA was launched in 1999 that the characters got a new sense of importance but still, that took almost 15 years.
    That's mostly what I'm referring to. JLA and JSA running simultaneously in the late 90's into the 00's showed the two teams working quite well together.

So, you're saying the members of the Justice League under Johns are now less arrogant and can play nicely with others who aren't necessarily part of their clique?
    Um... I guess? Think of all that has happened since then: The Throne of Atlantis arc, The emergence of the Government backed JLA, the Trinity War, Forever Evil and the fallout. They have had many interactions with other characters, all of which have altered the their perception a great deal. But you won't know how or to what extent if you don't read it.

. . . But you won't know how or to what extent if you don't read it.
    If Geoff Johns is still writing it, I definitely won't read it. So, don't even bother saying "my loss".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If Geoff Johns is still writing it, I definitely won't read it. So, don't even bother saying "my loss".
    Your loss.
    WHO DAT?!!