Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default Which ASM 361 do you CGC?

    Which Amazing spiderman issue 361
    do you prefer more to get the CGC treatment

    the first print or second print.
    I only want to CGC one of them but i want to know which is more valuable
    they are both newstands and both in great condition. which is the more ideal to get CGC'd

  2. #2
    Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Since nobody has replied I will give you my opinion and that is...
    The 1st printing is the real deal, the 2nd, 3rd, etc were afterthoughts due to sales of the 1st printing.
    I do not CGC but if you are going to, IMO slab the 1st printing and read the 2nd.

  3. #3
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    May i ask why the 2nd print fetches more on both Ebay and most comic conventions????

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I honestly do not know.
    I did not even know there was a 2nd print until this thread, I have owned the 1st print for years and never paid much attention to it.
    Did not even have a clue the value/popularity had increased...

    Although Overstreet is usually behind their price is not what people are asking on eBay.
    Overstreet value of Amazing Spider-Man #361 1st and 2nd Prints
    Comic book conditions
    Near Mint - $ 30.00
    Very Fine - $ 16.00
    Fine - $ 9.00
    Very Good - $ 6.00
    Good - $ 3.00

    Looking at some of the auctions on eBay I am guessing that the book is overpriced, there are 2 auctions ending within the next hour...
    One ending in 21 minutes(7:41 PM) is for ASM 361, 362, 363 with a starting bid of $29.99 with 0 bids.
    The other is an ASM 361 ending in 1 hour(8:28) with a starting bid of $50.00 or a buy it now for $80.00 with 0 bids.
    They are also asking what I feel are astronomical amounts for the CGC books however the CGC 9.8 Stan Lee Signed 1st Printing has a bid of $349.99 and that ends in 1 hour.(8:37)

    Regardless of all of that there is only one thing that holds true for ALL collectibles regardless of condition or age...
    A Collectible Is Only Worth What A Collector Is Willing To Pay For It.
    If you are looking to CGC your book to make a profit then you take the risk depending on the market conditions at the time.

  5. #5
    007 girl.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The world is my Garden
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam529 View Post
    May i ask why the 2nd print fetches more on both Ebay and most comic conventions????
    You've answered your own question. Both 1st and 2nd print have demand which is why higher prices alternate between the 2.

    Me? I'd pony up the extra $25 or so, CGC both...sell them, recover all my slabbing costs, have enough to buy an unslabbed copy and still have some cash left.

    Not all 2nd prints are worth less than their 1st print cousins, but it's fairly rare. An example is Batman 608 2nd print, it sells for 3x the price of the first print.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

  6. #6
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelmaniac6169 View Post
    I honestly do not know.
    I did not even know there was a 2nd print until this thread, I have owned the 1st print for years and never paid much attention to it.
    Did not even have a clue the value/popularity had increased...

    Although Overstreet is usually behind their price is not what people are asking on eBay.
    Overstreet value of Amazing Spider-Man #361 1st and 2nd Prints
    Comic book conditions
    Near Mint - $ 30.00
    Very Fine - $ 16.00
    Fine - $ 9.00
    Very Good - $ 6.00
    Good - $ 3.00

    Looking at some of the auctions on eBay I am guessing that the book is overpriced, there are 2 auctions ending within the next hour...
    One ending in 21 minutes(7:41 PM) is for ASM 361, 362, 363 with a starting bid of $29.99 with 0 bids.
    The other is an ASM 361 ending in 1 hour(8:28) with a starting bid of $50.00 or a buy it now for $80.00 with 0 bids.
    They are also asking what I feel are astronomical amounts for the CGC books however the CGC 9.8 Stan Lee Signed 1st Printing has a bid of $349.99 and that ends in 1 hour.(8:37)

    Regardless of all of that there is only one thing that holds true for ALL collectibles regardless of condition or age...
    A Collectible Is Only Worth What A Collector Is Willing To Pay For It.
    If you are looking to CGC your book to make a profit then you take the risk depending on the market conditions at the time.

    Naa i never sell comics. but i want to CGC the more valuable one to keep it more protected and to actually showcase it's worth by its condition graded by professionals.

  7. #7
    Super Member DrGregatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    24th and 1/2 Century
    Posts
    895

    Default

    CGC? What's that? Does that mean to return it back to the $1 bin?

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    CGC? What's that? Does that mean to return it back to the $1 bin?
    Yeah, you and me are thinking the same thing. Why in the world would you have this issue graded?

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam529 View Post
    Naa i never sell comics. but i want to CGC the more valuable one to keep it more protected and to actually showcase it's worth by its condition graded by professionals.
    Store both of them in a Mylar Bags(1mm or 2mm) with Flaps using Acid Free Boards and keep them away from Light, Moisture and Extreme Changes in Temperature and they will outlive all of us.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •