Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Because we expect better. Ifyou read the article and still had questions, then you didn't pay attention. The articles answered your questions, as it has been pointed out.

And I absolutely would be as condescending in person.
    So, you and a few other posters (Who I am guessing you must know, correct?) Expected better from me (whom you have never met) than what I put in the title of message? That's what you are going with?
    Last edited by edpower; 02-08-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    When the question being asked is in the title of the thread and you visit the thread surprised to find that it's being asked, write about how upset you are that it is, AND complain that your time is being wasted... I'm not really sure why you didn't just not click here, not read the posts, and save that time.
    YES! THIS! Exactly!
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Definitely not, it would be a potential problem only if lots and lots of users started doing that. And definitely posters aren't against multiple posts in a row by same user due to potential database problems, but as I mentioned - they are used to it and prefer few longer posts than multiple short ones. Could people be less "snide" about it? Probably, but there is nothing wrong with asking others to post in specific manner.
    Ok, but it is just an opinion. I actually perfer it the other way because I don't have to re-skim the messages I wasn't in originally to get to the responses to the ones I was interested in. But it's a REALLY light preference since I could barely imagine anything that matters less.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

BANNED

When the question being asked is in the title of the thread and you visit the thread surprised to find that it's being asked, write about how upset you are that it is, AND complain that your time is being wasted... I'm not really sure why you didn't just not click here, not read the posts, and save that time.
    I admit to being curious about what anyone could find confusing after 40+ posts. And it's not just my time that's been wasted. Yours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    So, you and a few other posters (Who I am guessing you must know, correct?) Expected better from me (whom you have never met) than what I put in the title of message? That's what you are going with?
    I don't know most of the people here, despite being on CBR for almost a decade.

Yes, I do expect the reading comprehension and critical thinking skills of people who post here to be higher than average.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 02-08-2015 at 09:04 AM.

With great power comes great responsibility
    BB

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

I admit to being curious about what anyone could find confusing after 40+ posts. And it's not just my time that's been wasted. Yours as well.
    I never said my time was wasted. I decide that.

I clicked here because I was confused too (I'm not a genius like some, I know) and there were some useful posts. If there was anything that wasted my time it was the comments about how dumb the OP was to ask a question. That is not something to expect; if your time was wasted by reading about the topic in the thread title, that's on you.
    Last edited by rhymeswithparc; 02-08-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    Haha nice one CW, they don't know how to respond to that.
    I aim to rile. And go off topic, apparently.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I don't know most of the people here, despite being on CBR for almost a decade.

Yes, I do expect the reading comprehension and critical thinking skills of people who post here to be higher than average.
    Well, I guess my question is why would someone of such superior intellect to mine waste their time, which you admit this is, to extend the length of a thread you consider yourself better then instead of just do something better with your time?
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

My feeling is something to do with feelings in inadequacies in side themselves.
    says the guy splintering all of his posts just to apparently troll now? *yawn*...try better.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

So....is there continutiy in the DCU? Is it the 'New 52' continuity? Or is eveything going to be loose and kind of stand alone like the pre-Marvel DCU?

My brain hurts.
    To be fair, as a long time comic reader the whole “looser continuity” concept as has been
    presented is still pretty vague enough to leave a lot of questions. Are we just going to see a
    universe with less crossovers and what not or are we going to be seeing a lot of books like the
    post-52 Metal Men mini where the story that seemed like it could almost be in continuity but
    wasn't or the Superman / Batman book after the first couple arcs where it was just kinda self
    contained and didn't really affect / wasn't terribly affected by anything else going on in the
    universe or maybe something like Countdown / Final Crisis / everything after Final Crisis where
    nothing quite fit together or rarely acknowledged major cosmic events except for a couple results
    (like Barry coming back). I could go on but the point is this “looser continuity” can mean a lot of
    things or not much at all.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    To be fair, as a long time comic reader the whole “looser continuity” concept as has been
    presented is still pretty vague enough to leave a lot of questions. Are we just going to see a
    universe with less crossovers and what not or are we going to be seeing a lot of books like the
    post-52 Metal Men mini where the story that seemed like it could almost be in continuity but
    wasn't or the Superman / Batman book after the first couple arcs where it was just kinda self
    contained and didn't really affect / wasn't terribly affected by anything else going on in the
    universe or maybe something like Countdown / Final Crisis / everything after Final Crisis where
    nothing quite fit together or rarely acknowledged major cosmic events except for a couple results
    (like Barry coming back). I could go on but the point is this “looser continuity” can mean a lot of
    things or not much at all.
    Well, that's the flip side of the situation - if the information we have is vague, I'm not sure how anybody else here on the board is supposed to know.

The fact that people can't just wait until we get more information can be irritating as well.

BANNED

I never said my time was wasted. I decide that.

I clicked here because I was confused too (I'm not a genius like some, I know) and there were some useful posts. If there was anything that wasted my time it was the comments about how dumb the OP was to ask a question. That is not something to expect; if your time was wasted by reading about the topic in the thread title, that's on you.
    Well, I guess my question is why would someone of such superior intellect to mine waste their time, which you admit this is, to extend the length of a thread you consider yourself better then instead of just do something better with your time?
    My takeaway from all of this is that I shall never again OVERESTIMATE people's intelligence. I generally assume that I'm the dumbest person in a room. NO MORE.

This thread is GREAT.

There are school yard insults from a distance, people trying to talk about the actual original topic, and me making dick jokes.

That's good internet.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    This thread is GREAT.

There are school yard insults from a distance, people trying to talk about the actual original topic, and me making dick jokes.

That's good internet.
    And all b/c of me (well, not really, but kinda...), thank you thank you...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Uh . . . what was the point of this thread in the first place?

Is it maybe time to put up the "CLOSED" sign and everybody head home or something?