Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

I haven't read most of this thread and I haven't read the most recent stuff so I probably sound like a moron asking this... but are Midnighter and Apollo still in the universe? Like rebirth didn't wipe them out or any of that nonsense, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I haven't read most of this thread and I haven't read the most recent stuff so I probably sound like a moron asking this... but are Midnighter and Apollo still in the universe? Like rebirth didn't wipe them out or any of that nonsense, right?
    Yes, they're still in the universe lol. Their last mini was set in the Rebirthverse.

I'm very frustrated with how DC and the Grayson writing team on handling Midnighter for Rebirth. It felt like they were finally integrating him into the Batman family and DC Universe. They mentioned him Detective Comics, but outside of Nightwing: Rebirth (and Midnighter and Apollo - whoses TPB did not get DC Rebirth branding) he hasn't made an appearance.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Does anyone know if he is appearing in anything soon?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I'm eager to see how he's going to be portrayed in Wildstorm title whenever he shows up. I'll be shocked if Warren does the obvious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm eager to see how he's going to be portrayed in Wildstorm title whenever he shows up. I'll be shocked if Warren does the obvious thing.
    Actually, I came across an interview with the artist on The Wild Storm ahead of the release of issue #9 this last week. While he pointed out that he is a big fan of The Midnighter and is eager to work on the character if and when the time comes, it wasn't in the cards just yet.

That said, two really, really big pieces of The Authority did turn up in issue #9 of The Wild Storm.

I would love to see him in the dc cinematic universe. Maybe Berlanti will will use him?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would love to see him in the dc cinematic universe. Maybe Berlanti will will use him?
    Midnighter would work better on HBO. Though they did just announce an adult themed Harley Quinn cartoon that will be on the DC streaming service. So a R rated Midnighter show is a possibility. I can see DC Entertainment countering The Punisher with an ultra violent Midnighter.

Astonishing Member

One of the things I enjoyed about the recent-ish Midnighter push was how he was becoming involved in the DC Universe. I liked how he was a kind of mentor/support system for a handful of individuals who needed it, and when they really needed him, he'd be there.

Though this is likely little known and probably even more little minded, but in spite of its overall brevity, I very much appreciated the time near the end of Batman & Robin: Eternal where he essentially becomes a mentor figure to Cullen Row. A gay Superhero mentoring a young gay teen is something practically unheard of, but for those small handful of issues, it was a reality. That was really cool.

And I sometimes headcanon that the two still keep in touch as mentor-mentee/big brother-little brother off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Midnighter would work better on HBO. Though they did just announce an adult themed Harley Quinn cartoon that will be on the DC streaming service. So a R rated Midnighter show is a possibility. I can see DC Entertainment countering The Punisher with an ultra violent Midnighter.
    Yeah that would be cool, like a queer as folk after dark with superheroes thing

Comixology are having a huge sale on DC books at the moment. You can get Midnighter the complete Wildstorm series for €4.49. I think that's like $5. Plus a few Authority and Stormwatch trades, also around $5. I seen on twitter that the code READCOMICS gets you 15% off but I had already bought my comics before I could verify it.

Did anyone read New52 Stormwatch? Was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Comixology are having a huge sale on DC books at the moment. You can get Midnighter the complete Wildstorm series for €4.49. I think that's like $5. Plus a few Authority and Stormwatch trades, also around $5. I seen on twitter that the code READCOMICS gets you 15% off but I had already bought my comics before I could verify it.

Did anyone read New52 Stormwatch? Was it any good?
    If you are a fan of the "Classic Coke" Wildstorm universe, I would skip it. Let alone that it was kind of a mess from a narrative standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you are a fan of the "Classic Coke" Wildstorm universe, I would skip it. Let alone that it was kind of a mess from a narrative standpoint.
    Thanks, I really did like the old Wildstorm stuff, though I haven't read all of it. I bought the 1st and 4th trade of the New52 Stormwatch in the Comixology sale, for some reason they don't sell the 2nd or 3rd. I was going to track down physical copies. I'll read the first trade and see how I feel. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually, I came across an interview with the artist on The Wild Storm ahead of the release of issue #9 this last week. While he pointed out that he is a big fan of The Midnighter and is eager to work on the character if and when the time comes, it wasn't in the cards just yet.

That said, two really, really big pieces of The Authority did turn up in issue #9 of The Wild Storm.
    Interested parties...

Another pretty big piece of the puzzle turned up(in addition to a particularly interesting piece of potential foreshadowing) The Wild Storm #10.